Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:51 am
http://www.harpersbazaar.com/fashion/fa ... s#fbIndex4

Not sure what to think of it....it's good to see everybody jumping on the smurfs bandwagon..but on the other hand, I am not the biggest fan of commercializing them so much that they are losing their original innocent charm :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Lia » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:09 am
I agree with you Maureen!!!
But at least, they are used for elegant expensive brands...
I mean, the price of the hat.....
Attachments
Naamloos.jpg
Naamloos.jpg (20.06 KiB) Viewed 3646 times

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:32 am
This is an absolute no-go imho. :sad:

Postby smurfowen » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:40 am
Im not so sure
Good for publicity of the smurfs but a little to fast.
Whos knows maybe Harpers will have limited smurfette figures.
Attachments
Harpers - Prancing in Vuitton.jpg
Prancing in Vuitton
Harpers - Prancing in Vuitton.jpg (27.75 KiB) Viewed 3604 times
Harpers - She's Lovely in anvin.jpg
She's Lovely in Lavin
Harpers - She's Lovely in anvin.jpg (21.15 KiB) Viewed 3604 times
Harpers - Dancing in Dolce.jpg
Dancing in Dolce
Harpers - Dancing in Dolce.jpg (23.48 KiB) Viewed 3604 times
Smurfowen
Life is a journey, so enjoy the ride.

Postby smurfowen » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:46 am
one more
Attachments
Harpers - Shes mad for Marc.jpg
She's mad for Marc
Harpers - Shes mad for Marc.jpg (26.3 KiB) Viewed 3602 times
Smurfowen

Postby steveparkes » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:27 am
OMG - Smurfette the tramp :???:
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:07 am
OMG - Smurfette the tramp :???:
Word! :(

Postby Tintin » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:18 am
Hi

For one time it's nice to see, but tomorrow i hope the real smurfette is back again :D

Tintin

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:38 am
Btw. the campaign made it today's backside of German yellow press paper "BILD". :) :) :)

Postby Velvety-Vanity » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:42 pm
Smurfette is NOT a tramp! She's affectionate to the boys in the village, but she is a classy lady. And I can definitely say that she looks very classy in this photo-shoot.

Fashion is a beautiful thing. This is a lovely pictorial.

Harper's Bazaar and Vogue have both featured cartoon characters in their own pictorials before. It's a fun thing. It's just women getting in touch with their childhoods.

I love the Marc Jacobs set best, especially the beret.

Postby steveparkes » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:53 am
But it just DOESNT look like smurfette!! Smurfette is and always will be the way she was portrayed in the books and cartoons..this just doesn't look like her (just my opinion)
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby smurfowen » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:37 am
Harper's Bazaar's August issue sees Smurfette modeling accessories from Marc Jacobs, Lanvin, Dolce & Gabbana and Louis Vuitton, in honor of the upcoming Smurfs movie, which opens July 29. And, the blue vixen's haute makeover isn't the first time an animated lady has graced Bazaar's pages: In 2007, the magazine served up another heavy dose of whimsy when it featured Marge Simpson in Chanel Haute Couture and Versace. (In fact, several of our beloved childhood characters have become fashion favorites: Marc Jacobs styled Miss Piggy, Terry Richardson teamed with Kermit for a Supreme campaign, and Bazaar paired Sesame Street residents with major designers for a 2009 spread). We spoke to Features/Special Projects Director Laura Brown, who conceptualized the shoot, for the behind-the-scenes scoop.

How did you come up with the Smurfette concept?
I got such a thrill out of working with the animators for The Simpsons. What we really love to do is take something from mass popular culture and subvert it or elevate it or reconfigure it in some way so you see it in a different light. So taking something for kids like Smurfette and putting her in Lanvin and Vuitton and Marc and Dolce is something that's kind of a signature for us; you can enjoy it on lots of different levels.

How was Smurfette as a fashion muse?
Smurfette's a little bit particular because you can't take her out of her white dress. So what we could do was accessorize her. It was treated like a standard magazine shoot: We've got a gray backdrop so it looks like it could be a studio and the accessories model just happens to be a blue cartoon character. As you can see they're all the real accessories that have been photographed. The team at Sony animation sent someone over from LA. We put a model in the positions of where Smurfette is so the bag would be carried in the right way and the boots would be on the right way, and then they merged them -- I've never seen anything like it. When Glenda first saw it she just died.

How did you choose the designers?
We had a board of some of the most covetable accessories of the season and there are certain things that really stood out. For example the Vuitton boots, and the Lanvin witches hat, and the spots of Marc, and the stars of Dolce. So we went to the designers and said "How do you feel about being Smurfetted?" A lot of the designers we work with really have a sense of humor, and they were fully participatory in pulling this together.

Who has better style, Smurfette or Marge Simpson?
I'm fond of Marge when she wears her hair down in Versace -- I don't think many of these can top that. But if I was going to go into a party with Marge with her hair down, or Smurfette in Vuitton, that would be a fashion faceoff. Smurfette might have the edge because she has the newest season's accessories.

Keep reading to see what Brown had to say about each look! (Quote)
Smurfowen

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:57 am
What's next...a smurfette Barbie Doll? :banghead:

I think what I mislike most is that apart from the blue color it's not very smurf like...they didn't even let her keep her hat....the pictures look nice...it's just not smurfy :o

Take away the blue color and it could just about any cartoon character :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:02 am
What's next...a smurfette Barbie Doll? :banghead:

I think what I mislike most is that apart from the blue color it's not very smurf like...they didn't even let her keep her hat....the pictures look nice...it's just not smurfy :o

Take away the blue color and it could just about any cartoon character :-?
I thought the very same, if Barbie was modelling, I wouldn't regard that as a problem though. (Since she's not that artificially thin anymore.)

But Smurfette is different though. :(
Page 1 of 1

Login