Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:25 pm
I was wondering if others are experiencing the same thing..

Since the movie, my website has not just gotten more hits, but I have also gotten about 3-4 e-mails daily from people either offering to sell me something..or wanting to buy something from me and looking for instructions how to do that. I really don't mind the e-mails, and think will be able to buy a nice collection of smurfy items this way (about to finalize the details :woohoo: ) but have really started to wonder if others are seeing the same thing :-?

The funniest thing happened in the last two days. I was contacted by two sellers who want to sell me their 1998 Happy Meal Collector's Boxes...and one inquiry how to buy mine. I think I found a match :) Will this make me a smurfy dealer? :scratchinghead:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tracker Smurf » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:26 pm
I've got this image in my head now of seedy back alleys and trench coats filled with Smurfs.... :)

Postby Tracker Smurf » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:27 pm
PSTTT...would you like to buy a smurf...... :)

Postby bradley » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:04 pm
Hey Maureen. yeah I have been getting the same thing with emails from people trying to sell me their smurfs or asking to buy smurfs they've seen on my website. I always ignore all emails. I have no interest in buying from these people. They are bound to be asking mega dollars thinking because they are smurfs. And I don't need to be buying even more smurfs than I already am, heh.

Postby bwalters » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:55 am
Not even sure how all these people found me, but I have gotten about 6 calls or emails from people telling me they had a Smurf for me. One super and the rest mcdonalds. And a couple of weeks ago I had to write a customer a bill for around $300. The machine was supposed to be under contract. And was. Yesterday he handed me the invoice and three sheets of paper with Smurf money on it.
Mr Bill

Postby Tracker Smurf » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:16 pm
Not even sure how all these people found me,
Probably saw you on TV :-D

Postby Gerda » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:47 pm
my website hits tippled in July once the smurf advertisement started coming out. I've gotten a few people offering to sell things but mostly asking where they can find stuff. funniest thing was the boys back to school night when I overheard one of my sons friends mom ask her kid "is that the smurf lady" she then went on to tell me how she was thinking of me when she heard about the smurf movie. And on a good note.. I don't get as many crazy looks when driving around in my van..
on a side note.. Not sure If I mentioned this before.. but I became a tourist attraction a while back.. we where at mcdonalds (before any smurf action) and these girls came up to the side of the van and took there picture with my smurf sign. i had to laugh. :backtotopic:
happily smurfing along

Postby Tommo » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:02 pm
This is what worried me when I first started collecting again. A year before the film was supposed to be released I panicked that prices would go up so I started buying franticly trying to complete my normals. I did this, and....(as is usual) kept buying variants, but find more collections being put on ebay. Very sad to see bundleofkent selling his collection.

Postby Tintin » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:45 pm
Hi

I agree.................
I expected a lot of new collectors to after the release of the movie, but a lot of people are selling there collection now.
Is it the crisis maybe ??? :-?
Indeed it's a shame to see some people are selling, i sure going to mis some.

Tintin

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:06 am
I guess, some "older" collectors were waiting for the movie because smurfs should sell better now. How are they selling on ebay? Are they going for more or is the interest pretty much limited to movie related smurfs?

Very sad news about Martin...I couldn't believe it and had to check it out myself :(

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Tintin » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:12 am
Hi

Well the toyshop owner in my town sold more smurfs then ever.
But there are more collectors who quit then new ones i guess, since there are a lot of people selling now ............
Not the development i expected.

Tintin

Postby Gerda » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:27 am
I see it like this, even if old collectors where to sell some of there collection it is worth it a right now smurfs are selling really really well. If you wait a few years or even a few months the smurf selling will go down and you can buy back everything that you sold with a profit. Not that i'm selling but it would make sense.
happily smurfing along

Postby Lia » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:36 am
I have only positive experienes with selling! :D
True, "old" collectors are selling their smurfs, but a lot of new collectors have started!

Lia

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:15 pm
How are they selling on ebay? Are they going for more or is the interest pretty much limited to movie related smurfs?
I don't think they are selling as high as they were just a few years ago..I have found some really really good deals on rarer items lately. I would have thought the bids should be going higher but seems like a lot of sellers are basically giving away their smurfs. Good time to look on ebay if you haven't already spent all your money on the new items that have come out in the last two months :)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Tracker Smurf » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:19 pm
hmmmm... maybe more people are buying the newer stuff and don't realize there is a lot of older merchandise out there? My students don't seem to get that Smurfs have been around for over 50 years. Some don't even realize there was a cartoon oddly (unless htey catch it on Boomerang)

Postby Gerda » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:22 am
How are they selling on ebay? Are they going for more or is the interest pretty much limited to movie related smurfs?
I don't think they are selling as high as they were just a few years ago..I have found some really really good deals on rarer items lately. I would have thought the bids should be going higher but seems like a lot of sellers are basically giving away their smurfs. Good time to look on ebay if you haven't already spent all your money on the new items that have come out in the last two months :)
I think it is just the rare and collectible stuff that is going cheap. from what i've seen those that are buying are ones who try to build up a village or small collection for there child and are looking for quantity and don't care about rare things. that is why I think in a year or so those buyers will be selling all the things they grabbed up for there kids.
happily smurfing along

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:51 am
Next year will be yardsale and fleamarket paradise for us :cheers:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Tintin » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:54 am
Next year will be yardsale and fleamarket paradise for us
Already this year was great, so if next year will be even better............................... :cheers: :-D :) :D

Tintin

Postby Gerda » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:04 am
Next year will be yardsale and fleamarket paradise for us :cheers:
I know, can't wait :-D i'm hoping to find mcdonalds smurfs out of package, I dont dare open up a bag right now
happily smurfing along

Postby Tintin » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:07 am
Hi Gerda
I know, can't wait i'm hoping to find mcdonalds smurfs out of package, I dont dare open up a bag right now
I thought i was the only one................. luckely i am not alone in this !!!
:cheers:

Tintin
Page 1 of 2

Login