Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby JamieD » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:23 pm
What's your favorite place to find smurfs online? I've been reading a lot of threads in the past few days (including the boot sale forum, etc), and it seems like most of you get a lot of smurfy stuff on ebay?

I'm really only interested in the figurines (normal and super smurfs) and maybe the mushroom houses, but I'm starting at the very bottom, so I was just curious if there were certain places that were best to get smurfs & super smurfs. I've probably hit my limit for this month (dang it!), but I'd like to get a few each month. :D

Any suggestions are very much appreciated... I'm not a yard-sale shopper (actually, I'm not big on shopping in any venue), so online would be fabulous. I'll set my grandmother on the yard sale hunt come summer - she loves them and will be out anyways. ;)

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:04 pm
HI Jaime,
check this place out
http://www.landofmarbles.com/smurfs.html

he is selling his smurfs at a reduced price..probably sold most of them by now but should still have a good deal on them

Ebay is the easiest way to find smurfs..especially the older ones that are no longer in the current production. For current production lines, check Toys R Us online out.

Also, contact JimEII on here..Jim is selling his very substantial collection and will work with you :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby JamieD » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:34 pm
Cool Maureen - thanks a bunch!! I'll definitely check those out. :pc2:

Postby JamieD » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:04 pm
Oh dear. I shouldn't have done that. I managed to scrounge up a bit more smurf cash...

I think shipping was the cheapest thing about that order. :shock:

Now I'll be very impatiently waiting for the mail next week!

Dare I go to ebay? Maybe I'd better wait a few weeks to check that out. 8-)

Postby Tojo » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:16 am
Oh dear. I shouldn't have done that. I managed to scrounge up a bit more smurf cash...
:) :) :) That is always the problem when collecting :) It will be interesting to hear what you have bought :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:22 am

I think shipping was the cheapest thing about that order. :shock:

Now I'll be very impatiently waiting for the mail next week!

Dare I go to ebay? Maybe I'd better wait a few weeks to check that out. 8-)
:) :) :) :)

That's funny...and I understand you sooooo well :cheers:

Like Tojo said...looking forward to seeing what you bought :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:46 am
Hi JamieD; Ebay will eat you alive if your not careful. But Like SmurfySmurf said. It is one of the best places to find older Smurfs. You have to be very careful about getting fakes on there. If you have questions wether an item is fake or not. Put a link to the auction and we will help you out.
Mr Bill

Postby JamieD » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:23 pm
Well at least I'm in good company, eh? LOL I ordered from Mushroom Village, and I'll post pics when the new smurfs get here. I'm not sure if I overspent or not on a couple considering comparison prices on ebay, but considering that shop is recommended here, I figure I probably got better quality than I would have on ebay (judging by the photos too).

Mr. Bill, thank you very much for that - I was wondering how I'd be able to tell which are fakes. I know some collect those specifically, but I'd like to stick to just the "real thing" for now while I'm starting out if possible. I may well be taking you all up on that offer. 8)

Jim sent me a message and I've emailed him back. I'm very optimistic about that new relationship...and it seems much safer as a "newbie" buying directly from an established collector than ebay, so I'm excited about that.

Now the important question is, where do you all hide your new smurfs until you can bring them out gradually, so as not to shock the spouse with your too-close-together purchases? :)

Postby bwalters » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:16 pm
I just fired my spouse. lol No woman on this earth would allow her house to look like mine does. I have wall to wall Smurfs Kitchen, Livingroom, hallway, and 3 bedrooms. No that is not a joke. I have Smurfs in the fridge even.
Mr Bill

Postby JamieD » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:42 pm
Smurfs *in* the fridge, you say? Don't they get cold? Or are those the ones with scarves on? LOL

You've inspired me now, I'm afraid. Once my collection is built up a bit, I do believe I'll start putting smurfs in out of the way spots, just so my husband can find them. I'm sure he'll consider that an improvement over the...um..."adult" confetti he still finds here and there after a party I had several years ago. :)

I've already decided I'll need two baker smurfs...one for the collection cabinet, and the other for my kitchen windowsill...

Postby Tracker Smurf » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:04 pm
Smurfs in the fridge? Hope they don't turn blue.

Postby Tintin » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:17 am
Hi

To tell you the truth, i got one i keep in the fridge in the summer.
It's made out of wax so if it gots to hot inside........... i put it in the fridge to.

About buying online. I am no expert about that............ i hardly buy online.

Tintin

Postby bwalters » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:38 am
Last spring I bought 2 boxes of Smurf lolly pops. I put them on a shelf next to a window. I also had several VIP (birthday) passes on a diffrent shelf and the lanyard drapped onto the window sill. It was early spring so I opened the window for fresh air. Ants found their way to the lanyards crawled up the shelf and found the lolly pops. I had to throw 1/2 of them away. They are now in the fridge. or whats left.
Mr Bill
Page 1 of 1

Login