Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Tommo » Tue May 29, 2012 2:59 pm
Has anyone ever used these products? I've read about Remove-zit on Kitty's Cavern and will give it a go on a few smurfs I have which have got ink marks, but I'm wondering how well formula 9-1-1 works in dealing with discoloured whites :-?

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue May 29, 2012 5:08 pm
I haven't tried any of them but have heard good things about Remove-zit.

I usually soak them them soap and water and use a very soft (usually old) toothbrush...it won't get rid of everything but I am usually pleased with the result :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tommo » Wed May 30, 2012 12:50 am
Thanks Maureen,

I usually give them a clean with soap and water with my fiances cotton buds, or Q tips as she calls them, and if needed I'll clean the whites with an electric tooth brush. I think the Remove zit will work on the ones with pen marks underneath, but I'm not holding out much hope for the permanent markers one (I have a couple). It's the ones where the whites are yellowed or greyed that I want to try to rescue. I'll email Twin Pines to see what they say as they have stated that the Formula 9-1-1 will remove grease and smoke staines. I'm not sure if they mean surface stuff or ones that have penetrated the pvc more. I'll get some next month and let you know the results. :???:

Postby Tracker Smurf » Thu May 31, 2012 4:39 am
I saw the title for this and thought the spam bots broke in adverising for products :)

Postby smurfowen » Thu May 31, 2012 4:04 pm
I use Luke warm water, a old tooth brush and whitening tooth paste. Works like gold.
Smurfowen
Life is a journey, so enjoy the ride.

Postby Tojo » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:17 am
I bought a tub of remove-zit from Kitty's Cavern a few years ago & have had quite a lot of success with it. It removed almost all of the stains that the smurfs had on the unpainted surfaces. The smurfs had writing on their hats & after several applications over a week or so the writing is gone on most of the smurfs & on another badly stained smurf the writing is now barely visible.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Tommo » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:11 am
Thank you for the feedback Tojo. I'm hoping to remove some ink on some smurfs instead of having to get them again. Did you manage to remove any yellowing or discolouring to the whites of the smurfs you tried it on (hats, etc...?)

Postby Gerda » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:15 am
I did not like the remove zit because of the smell it left and it seemed to take too long for my likeing. I found that the magic erasers work really well in getting off the dirt and leave the whites looking like new,
happily smurfing along
Page 1 of 1

Login