Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby SmurfsNZ » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:28 am
Wanted to create this 'self' survey for my Introduction but I've already made an introduction so I will make it for everyone to do. I'm not using it for any 'stats' or for any reason other than fun and learning about other members here. You can just copy and paste the top part of this survey and paste with your answers. I will fill out my answers probably next week.

How old are you?

What country do you live in?:

Who is your favourite smurf and why?:

Who is your least favorite smurf and why?:

What year and age did you first get into the smurfs? (tell your story of how you discovered them):

Do you like the 3D smurfs movie that came out last year? Why or why not?:

Do you collect smurfs merchandise? If yes, how long have you been collecting? (you can post a link to your site if you have one! Would love to take a look!)

What was the first smurfs item you ever got/bought?

Is there anything that you dislike about the smurfs or the fandom etc?:

How do your family and friends take the fact you are a fan, do they know?:

Are you male or female?:

What is your most treasured smurfs item?:

What is your favorite color? (just wondering if most people here like blue most):

Favorite episode/season of the smurfs?:

Do you think anything is a bit of a 'rip off' of the smurfs? In other words, a show, book or cartoon series which is very similar to the smurfs?:

Do you like the original comic books of the Smurfs?:

Would you support a new modern cartoon series (such as 3D, modern lingo, slang, voices etc)

Lastly, why do you love the Smurfs?
Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:09 am
Wow :shock: that's a LOT of questions...you will find most of the answers if you look around and read older threads..or just hang out around here..but here you go..some of my answers...

How old are you?
:) not as young as I feel..and not as old as I hope to be get
US
Don't have a favorite figure...In the cartoons I liked Handy...he had great ideas and always came thru for everybody
Clown....something turns me off about this figure
What year and age did you first get into the smurfs? (tell your story of how you discovered them):
I was about 4 or 5
Yes, I liked it..it was cute and as close to the original as it could have been
Do you collect smurfs merchandise? If yes, how long have you been collecting? (you can post a link to your site if you have one! Would love to take a look!)
http://www.hiddeninthewoods.com/
After I found this forum and went to Smurf Passion (the last one in 2007) I went crazy..and have not recovered from this craziness Go to the link page of the forum for more smurf websites :D

Papa Plush..won at a fair...that's how I started

don't get me started..but if you stick around you probably will soon find out..or if you read some older threads. I am usually outspoken about me pet peeves :)
they think I am crazy
Are you male or female?:
female
n/a
What is your favorite color? (just wondering if most people here like blue most):
pink
n/a
Do you think anything is a bit of a 'rip off' of the smurfs? In other words, a show, book or cartoon series which is very similar to the smurfs?:
n/a
yes
Would you support a new modern cartoon series (such as 3D, modern lingo, slang, voices etc)
the movie went as far as it should have gone in regards to modernizing smurfs
they are cute and I've always liked them
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SmurfsNZ » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:17 am
Thank you for your reply. I just wanted to start a topic without searching through threads. The least favorite smurfs and fave question was really about the cartoon, but you can put in your least and fave figures as well if you like. I will put my answers now. I'm doing this on an mobile screen so it is difficult.

1: 20 years old
2: New Zealand
3: Grouchy. There is something about him I find really adorable. His voice, how he sleeps with his arms folded, voice, his occasional 'soft' sides, his grumbling... I just adore him!
4: Brainy. I just can't stand him. I wont go overboard but I just don't like his 'know it all' attitude and taking other successes or ideas as his own... Etc
5: I first heard about it when I was young I think because I had some old plush toys of them. It wasn't till about 2005 when I was 13 mum spotted DVDs in a bargain bin and we went traveling kilometers to chase them all up! This started me as a fan
6: I'm not going to say much, as last time spoke my mind on this movie I got slammed like a pile of bricks. All I will say is I saw the trailer and that is all I needed to see...
7: no I do not.
8: apart from the baby smurf and large smurf plush I had when I was younger and had to get rid of, I have an old 80's smurfs poster on my door which is my first ever item. It is also from older relatives
9: people dissing the cartoon and preferring the 3D movie style or basically trash talking them or making them vile or creepy.. Or.. 'sensual'
10: Since my mum introduced me she likes them too but she can't tolerate watching much of it as I can (I could watch it all day lol). She does have figures and a cellphome charm in her room though. Her fave is jokey I think.
My step father doesn't care for them, but he will watch them.
11: female
12: my grouchy plush I just bought. I wouldn't sell him for any amount of money! Plus my old 80's torn up poster which is really detailed and beautiful
13: pink and pastel colours
14: I don't have a fave season but 'the last laugh' and 'a hug for grouchy' are my fave episodes of the show
15: not that I know of
16: yes. I used to own some too but it was another thing that was sadly dumped (out of my control.. :() they were from my older relatives too
17: no I wouldn't
18: they are caring and funny and live such happy lives full of cheerfulness and singing. I also love how they all have very different characters but still are all 'family' and they never leave anyone behind and they always do the right thing. I also love how the show taught morals to children, even about death. I wish they were my friends!

Postby smurfowen » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:55 am
How old are you?
* 39 years young

* United Kingdom (Originalyl from South Africa)

* It changes, but Snappy is my favourite the longest.

* Smurfette - I find her to bossy and have always believed she is not as honost as let on to be. lol

* 5 years old - My dad brought home my first smurf.

* Yes I loved it. Why? Because it took many years for it to be brought into the modern age and it was did brilliant. It has brought a new generation to love the things i loved for so long.

* ANYTHING SMURF GOES.

* Papa Smurf

* AAAMMMM. The fact that some collector are making it out to be ''how much i got'' situation and lossing track of the fact that its a passion for some. also that fact that some collectors think that they are the all knowing and when you state something diffirent to their believ then you are wrong.

* Every one that knows me , knows im smurf mad, ever since a child. they always bring me a smurf item when the see one.

Are you male or female?:
* Male

* I have a few. But the ones that spring to mind are .
* Papa smurf (My first smurf)
* A knitted smurf that my mum knitted for me as a child. still have it.
* Astro smurf that my husband made me out of Fimo clay

* Red

* Lost in time

?

* Yes

* Yes on condition that it does not stray from what Peyo set out so many years ago.

* LOLOLOLOLOL
Smurfowen
Life is a journey, so enjoy the ride.

Postby Tintin » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:48 pm
How old are you?

--Almost 45

--The Netherlands

--Jockey …………… I had this pvc smurf when I was little ( long time ago )
--And I love to make jokes to.

--Vanity………. I like all smurfs, but if I have to choose one ………

--At the age of 5 because of the BP promo.

--Yes great movie, because of the 3d. And it’s close to the comics.

--Pvc smurfs only, but sometimes ( not often ) I buy othermerchandise I really like it.

--Pvc smurfs, papa, smurfette and laughing.

--Sometimes the smurfs are getting a bit to modern for me, love the classic smurfs the most.

--As long as I like to collect I don’t really care what others think about it ……….

Are you male or female?:

--male

--The ones I got from real friends ………

--Blue

--Love the story of the black and moonsmurf the best.

--I think the smurfs are unique.

--Those are the best

--I am a big fan of the more classic comics…….. like Tintin, Gaston, asterix etc etc

--Can’t explain…………………….

Postby XoioX2000 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:06 am
How old are you?

Ireland

Difficult question as really Smurfs are a group, a community which is what make their stories interesting, but if I had to choose one, it would be Astro Smurf.

Some of the ones which just appeared in the latest comics which I don't think are part of the original community like the baby Smurf (as technically speaking Smurfs cannot have babies!)

I started reading the comics when I was 10. Astro Smurf and The Smurf King were my favorite stories.

Yes I do: I think it keeps very well with the original spirit of the Smurfs and yet it has been smartly updated to fit today's young audience, with some very clever jokes about the Smurfs themselves.

I collect the figurines and the comics.

It would be one of the early MAFI PVC figurine (if you dont count the comics).

Fakes

They do know... and ignore it! :):)

Are you male or female?:
male

My Pixi set, closely followed by the plastoys set.

Green - need I explain?

Ah I actually do not like the HB cartoons, never did: They are badly drawn, never in the same proportions from a scene to the next. Doesnt work for me. Although this said the Magic Flute movie is a gooden.

Nope cant comment on that.

Yes!

Potentialy yes, as long as it is better made than the HB ones

For their freedom, their innocence and their ability to work as a group when confronting with a problem or a foe, and yet they all are individuals with specific character traits, as their individual name implies. But above all they are funny!
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby JT » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:50 am
How old are you?: 41

What country do you live in?: Finalnd

Who is your favourite smurf and why?: Grouchy. He has such a great attitude.

Who is your least favorite smurf and why?: Basically any of the smurflings.

What year and age did you first get into the smurfs? (tell your story of how you discovered them): I can´t really say. I remember seeing Johan & Pewit comics with smurfs in 70´s. And definately saw Smurf cartoons and figures early 80´s. I guess I´m getting too old to remember things like that...

Do you like the 3D smurfs movie that came out last year? Why or why not?: Despite my expectations, I loved it! It was such a great tribute to original Peyo creations that I couldn´t come up with anyting so amazing. And I never thought it would be possible tell modern story about Smurfs, but it was.

Do you collect smurfs merchandise? If yes, how long have you been collecting? (you can post a link to your site if you have one! Would love to take a look!) I don´t anymore. I do collect anything Johan and especially Pewitt related though. My late smurf collection still exists here: http://www.gmendias.com/jtsfigures/

What was the first smurfs item you ever got/bought? Could have been "Les Schtroumpfs Olympiques" comic (in Finnish). First figure must have been 20129 Baseball Batter. It was one of the first ones anyway...

Is there anything that you dislike about the smurfs or the fandom etc?: Sometimes I get annoyed with people who think Hanna Barbera version of smurfs is the only one.

How do your family and friends take the fact you are a fan, do they know?: My kids are thrilled, wife not.

Are you male or female?: Male

What is your most treasured smurfs item?: Pixi Pewit with smurfs.

What is your favorite color? (just wondering if most people here like blue most): Red.

Favorite episode/season of the smurfs?: I really can´t say. I do watch them, but can´t honestly remember much about them.

Do you think anything is a bit of a 'rip off' of the smurfs? In other words, a show, book or cartoon series which is very similar to the smurfs?: No.

Do you like the original comic books of the Smurfs?: Yes I do. Very much in fact.

Would you support a new modern cartoon series (such as 3D, modern lingo, slang, voices etc): After seeing Smurfs 3D I really wanted to see more of that. But if they drop quality much, no thank you.

Lastly, why do you love the Smurfs? Although they are very cute, they are in fact much like humans. In good and bad. You just had to love them, don´t you?

JT
Postby PonySmurf » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:45 pm
How old are you?

What country do you live in?
New Zealand

Who is your favourite smurf and why?
Probably Harmony or Hefty, mainly because I'm a musician and have tattoos

Who is your least favorite smurf and why?
Probably "Baby" smurf... no particular reason really

I'm pretty sure it started with receiving the "Easter Bunny" Smurf one year at Easter (the male smurf in the white bunny suit) and it just took off from there. I remember watching the cartoon quite a bit and I think I had some Smurf colouring books. :)

Do you like the 3D smurfs movie that came out last year? Why or why not?
I liked it well enough. I would have preferred a 2D animated style version as opposed to the new CGI set in the real world.

Do you collect smurfs merchandise? If yes, how long have you been collecting?
I guess I've been collecting on and off my whole life... though really moreso over the last 3-4 years.

Pretty sure it was the Easter Bunny I mentioned earlier.

Is there anything that you dislike about the smurfs or the fandom etc?
The "fakes" are something that really gets under my skin, though there's a whole lot of collectors who like them... so... different strokes for different folks eh?

How do your family and friends take the fact you are a fan, do they know?
My friend Julian saw my Smurf collection and said it just "further confirmed the weirdness of me." HA!

Are you male or female?
Male

What is your most treasured smurfs item?
Probably the Praying Smurf in the little red jammies

Black

Wow. That's a tough one. I'll have to pick the most recent one I've seen and that was "The Dark-ness Monster"

Do you think anything is a bit of a 'rip off' of the smurfs? In other words, a show, book or cartoon series which is very similar to the smurfs?
I can't think of anything that's specifically ripped off the Smurfs... I'm sure there's something out there arguably... but nothing comes to mind.

Do you like the original comic books of the Smurfs?
Yep! I even have about ten of them.

Would you support a new modern cartoon series (such as 3D, modern lingo, slang, voices etc):
It depends on how faithful it was and/or if the spirit of the Smurfs was changed. I think part of their charm is that they aren't modern.

They're just... they're just fun.

Postby bwalters » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:19 pm
I will try to answer your question.
1. 60
2. US
3. Had always been Papa until the Movie. The Clumsy kind of moved up.
4. Lazy
5. around 30 started the collection for my stepdaughter. but soon learned it was really for me. '
6. I did and still from time to time enjoy the comics.
7. I can't see 3D so no. 2D was just as well.
8. Yes I collect anything Smurf go to my FB page of same name, if you are on the BC facebook site you can find me easier. I've been collecting for over 30 years.
9. I don't remember the exact first Smurf I bought several, but Smurfette ballarina was one and Papa.
10. About the only thing that I have not bought is any games. I don't play games.
11. I have tons of friends. All of them know. I have biker friends that will even throw in a comment now and then about how cool an item is. I have lots of Marines, Army. that all know and I have never really had bad comments. About the only bad comment anyone has said was I was going to have to start sleeping in my car. I must have hit a button or something. I thought I lost all of this.
12. male
13. I was asked in a TV interview once what was my fravorite item. I answered The last item to come in the door. While I treasure my father Abraham plate. I am alway excited to get a new item.
14. Blue
15. Moon Smurf
16. I don't know of any show that has ripped off the Smurfs.
17. Yes I like the comics.
18. I love the Smurfs for the way they are. Don't need riches or fame just each other and friends.
19. The Smurfs are cute. The are smart yet always learning.
Mr Bill

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:55 am
OK, here we go. :D

How old are you? 32.
What country do you live in?: I'm from Germany, but my parents are from the Czech republic.
Who is your favourite smurf and why?: Jokey :)

Who is your least favorite smurf and why?: Now that's tough. If I had to pick one it would be Brainy.What year and age did you first get into the smurfs? (tell your story of how you discovered them): Thanks to my late granny Anny, I got my first pvc at the age of 3. Loving them ever since. :smitten:

Do you like the 3D smurfs movie that came out last year? Why or why not?: I love it. :D It was far better than expected and I loved that the fact that they even refered to Peyo. :D

I particularly collect pvc variants. :D However, I do have some extra stuff. I always wanted to build a website of my own, but I simply have so little time at the moment.

What was the first smurfs item you ever got/bought? Well, I got my first smurfs from my granny and my parents. Later on, I spent my pocket money mostly on smurfs that I bought on fleamarkets. :D Around the same time, I became aware of variants. :D

I do dislike those people, who always argue that the smurfs were facists. This is definitely not true. Peyo himself was very much in favour of a unified Belgium and used the smurfs to support his thesis.

My mum keeps saying that I shouldn't focus on variants, anyway my dad supports me. :D And my best friend, who became sort of dad to me loves smurfs as much as I do. :D

Are you male or female?: Female

What is your most treasured smurfs item?: My jubilee smurfs, my tiny smurf button, a Slowakian postcard that I got from a friend of my mine in the 1980's and my Happy Birthday card and some rare smurfs I got from fleamarkets, e.g. the Paracodin.

What is your favorite color? (just wondering if most people here like blue most): Blue. :D

Favorite episode/season of the smurfs?: Moonsmurf. :D

Nope. The Smurfs are one of a kind. :D

Do you like the original comic books of the Smurfs?: Yep. :D

Would you support a new modern cartoon series (such as 3D, modern lingo, slang, voices etc) Only if they stay true to Peyo. :D

Lastly, why do you love the Smurfs? I love them, because they are tiny and cute. They are just as individual as any human being. :D

Postby SmurfsNZ » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:33 pm
Thanks for taking the survey guys, I really appreciate it :)
Page 1 of 1

Login