Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:01 pm
I was wondering how you feel about the movie smurf looks and also the new smurfs/naughties which have been created for the movies.

Do you prefer the classic/comic smurf look from before the first smurf came out in 2011 or do you like the CGI / more realistic look of the movie smurfs.

As a collector, are you going to buy movie related smurf items because after all it's smurfs or will you try to stay away from it and concentrate on the classic smurf look?

And how do you think the movies will impact new collectors..are the movies creating a new set of collectors who will prefer/buy CGI related items/smurfs..in other words..do you think, depending how successful this second movie is going to be..will there be two kind of collectors...those who collect mainly the classic look smurfs..and those who will mainly collect the new look smurfs?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby The Smurf Collector » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:18 pm
Since the release of the smurf movie a couple of years I have tried to make a conscious effort only to collect the PVC figurines. Otherwise I would be buying a lot of smurf plastic toys which in my opinion don't have the same charm.

In saying that though when I am given any smurf related thing from a friend I keep it as it shows that they are interested in my smurf collection.

Cheers
Kath
Keep Smurfin

Kath B

Try smurfing this: http://www.smurfs.com.au

Postby Tojo » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:23 pm
I must say that I don't really like the movie smurfs although I loved the movie. saying that, I like the Zicki figure (the girl, can't remember her English name) and have bought all of the Schleich movie figures. I also have the McDonalds promos & will collect everything that i come across.

I already have all 3 packs of the Capri Sonne drinks (orange, multi vit & cherry) & I got some of the rice pudding deserts (strawberry flavour).

This year is going to be very smurfy i'm sure!!
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby TimeZero » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:09 am
Must say that I personally like the way the Smurfs looked from years ago, even before the way they looked in the movies. I got to learn them the way they were and looked in the first comic albums, and that's good. Their look changed over the years, they became muc more... "round" ? Much less dwarf, more humanoid.
I must say I don't dislike the way they look in the movies, it's good for the movies, but I love them when reading again the first comics, Black Smurfs, Astrosmurf, Smurfette, Smurführer and so on.

Postby Tracker Smurf » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:09 pm
I like the movie and I probably bought way too much movie stuff the last time around just because it was cool to see smurfs everywhere...at this point though I've decided to stick just to sleich stuff as far as the smurf figures are concerned..they seem more classic styled than the mCdonalds or Jaks pacific stuff...... which is to say in a round about way I prefer the classic smurfs and other than the Mcdonalds and schleich smurfs I'm staying away from the movie toys (my kids might have a different take on this though)...as far as the naughties are concerned the designs are really growing on me. It will be interesting to see how they are used in the movie and I'm sure many of us are wondering (or probably guessing) at their fate and wondering what they will look like in Blue.....I also want to say that the movie designs seem to look better in the movie than they do as toys.

Postby Tracker Smurf » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:12 pm
BTW...on a classic smurf design note I found a book with playmat that featured several smurf figures with it...if you have children maybe you have seen these at Barnes and Noble or some other book store....they used classic designs so I have a feeling we will see more classic things this time around as well. I'll see if I cna find pics of this book and post it in another thread...oddly it was at lowes hardware...
Page 1 of 1

Login