Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby smurfguyssister » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:25 am
This is related to my other recent post "How do I find someone to appraise a smurf?". I'd purchased a praying smurf to give to my brother on eBay. The seller misrepresented the condition. The form I now must submit to eBay to file a Buyer Protection Claim requests an appraisal. Those who replied wondered what eBay accepts for such an appraisal

I've since emailed eBay and gotten a reply: A store or neutral third party who specializes in the item should physically inspect the item and determine its value and condition. The appraiser must then write the assessment and provide phone contact information on their store letterhead. The eBay representative who replied also stated that hard copies of photos are sometimes sufficient to prove misrepresentation but that an appraisal may be required as well.

I now plan to take and submit regular photos. A local flea market vendor who specializes in collectible toys and has sold smurfs has agreed to write an appraisal for me (I don't think he has a formal leterhead). He sold a pair of authentic praying smurfs years ago (before I started looking for my brother -- he hasn't found any since). I hope that that will satisfy eBay's requirements.
Page 1 of 1

Login