Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Fram » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:13 am
Having my new catalogue, I am checking all my Smurfs again (those I can find :eek: ). Sadly, amongst the goodies, there are many rubbed and damaged ones (nothing to do about that except replacing in the long run), and a lot dirty ones.
What ways do you use to clean your Smurfs? Laundromat? Water? Soap? Sponge? High pressure cleaner? Ultrasound? Babydrool?
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:24 am
Hija Fram

I use Nappysan which is used to clean nappies with.

I fill up a bucket of warm water with thte Nappysan and then let them soak for about 30 minutes before I pull them out and just use a bit of cloth to wipe off any stubborn stains before rinsing them again and leaving them to dry. I find this works well with dirt but for more stubborn stains there are Remove Zit and Formula 911 but you would need to speak to someone like Stace who has used this before...it apparently works quite well.

Any other ideas guys?

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:36 am
Hi Fram, I use warm water, washing up liquid and a soft toothbrush. This will get most grime and dirt off. It won't touch ink but I do intend to try some of the stuff Dyar mentioned for that at some point in the future. :cheers:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Fram » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:49 am
Thanks for the ideas! I don't know the nappystuff, I guess I'll first try it with dishwasher products and the toothbrush.

Postby pekkelien » Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:59 am
ill talk in dutch for a moment :)

hallo fram ik gebruik warm water met cif of dreft off vim
hangt ervan af hoevuil en welke smurf
met mijn rugby speler en andere zeldzame ben ik super voorzichtig
er zijn producten die je op mv kunt kopen en die verwijderen zelf ingedrongen stif
hopelijk heb je er wat aan

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:01 am
Hey I can read Dutch...I know the first 2 words are "Hello Fram"....I have a little more trouble with the rest though....still, I was off to a good start don't ya think?

Dyar

Postby pekkelien » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:03 am
a good start
a good practise for smurf passion maybe :)

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:05 am
I would love to get there Sven...even just to meet you and Fram would be worth going....not to mention all of the other people from this forum and ah yes...the smurfs....someday I will get there but I won't be able to make it next year....should be a great pilgrimage though.

Dyar

Postby pekkelien » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:08 am
you must have a large wallet for all those rare little blue guys
:)
i saw cocacola fanta bundesliaga sla fixo foxi smurfs
all smurf a grams french about 300 orso at 1 collector at 10 euro a piece
and many many more
fafnir
electric windmill
treestump...

no castle or green however

Postby Fram » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:40 am
No large green house at the whole of the fair? Wow, I'm glad I have one, even if it's very incomplete...

Postby Rachel » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:44 am
No large green house at the whole of the fair?
Thanks Fram, I wasn't sure when Sven said "green", I thought he might have been referring to the incredible "green" that was invented by Lord Percy in Black Adder. Anyone remember the episode? :lol:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Bunno Smurf » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:54 am
Hi Fram, I use warm water, washing up liquid and a soft toothbrush. This will get most grime and dirt off. It won't touch ink but I do intend to try some of the stuff Dyar mentioned for that at some point in the future. :cheers:

Ditto, Fram. This works well. I also spray mine with a lemon scented cleaner to help get rid of the smoke smell that some of them arrive with! Or Febreeze. And then air them for a while.

Nappy San would also help to sterilise it too. You could also use Milton's to sterilise. Its a liquid used to sterilise baby's bottles.

Linda
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Fram » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:55 am
Thanks again, all of you. I guess I'll sneak a few in every day when I do the dishes, so I don't look to obsessed (I am, but I don't want to look it :cool: ).
Postby hugofilia » Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:16 am
Hi Fram. When i have severals ( 20 at a time) dirty, very dirty smurfs i put them in a pillow casing and put them in the washing machine with the rest of the clothes. My wife use cold water, so no problem and they come out quite clean ans desinfected and , as i am lazy, no work.
For thougher stains ones 911 is good i am told but never tried it.
Good luck
John :cheers:
I love to create situation with smurfs and change or add colors.

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:52 pm
I guess I'll sneak a few in every day when I do the dishes, so I don't look to obsessed (I am, but I don't want to look it :cool: ).
:sofunny: :rolf: :sofunny:

Dyar

:sheep: :arrow:

Postby lordsmurf » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:17 pm
In a smurftub, of course. :-D
Page 1 of 1

Login