Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:10 am
Hi again

I was just wondering if people can remember their first smurf. I know a lot of people started as ankle-biters and then started collecting again when they were older (as I did too) so you can mention the first one you got when you started collecting again if it's easier to remember.

As for me I can't exactly remember which one I bought first but I think it might of been the Singer with the mustard colour Note Sheet. My father played music and was a singer so he bought the smurf band for me when I was 5 which included 2 of the same Trumpet players, old Drummer, Lute and the old Rock & Roll Guitarist. I think he bought the singer first and then added other smurfs from the band a little bit later. I also got some of the other non music smurfs and supers in the following 2 years but I am 90% sure it was the Singer and I defiantely had the music ones first before any others.

I started collecting late last year again and the first one I bought was the Bricklayer (no shirt) and funny enough the same Singer again which were purchased on Ebay in the same auction.

My all time favs are the 40th Anniversary Band and ever since I saw this last year I had wanted it and finally I got it in January this year.....it will always be my fav I think.

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:27 am
Hi Dyar, good question.

I *think* mine was the hiker smurf but it could also have been a graduate smurf. One of those two anyway. My other original smurfs included hangglider, flautist, emperor, scot, alchemist, policeman...... and many of the super smurfs.

Oh how I wish I had carried on collecting. The National Garage promotion finished in the UK and I must have lost interest. I never lost my smurfs though, they always stayed with me. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:22 am
I think my firs smurf as a child was the smurf in the row boat that i got round our local market for £1.00 amazing. I havent got that one now Boo Hoo. :-( I wish i could go back in time and buy loads for that price!!!! He He He Any one how to build a time machine???? Or were i could get one from? He He He :-D Smurfy regards, Steve. :-D

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:26 pm
My first smurf I remember so well. I went to my friend Helen's party when I was about 8 or 9 years old (1978?) and in my party bag was Astro Smurf, I still tingle at the memory, that was where my love affair with the little blue fellows began. Like Rachel my smurfs stayed with me (Rachel didn't stay with me, I only met her a few months ago LOL). I only kept two boxes of toys from my childhood, my smurfs and my costume dolls from around the world.

One of my favourites from my childhood was my hiker with the yellow flower. :grin:

Karen

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:34 pm
Hi Guys

Steve I totally agree with wanting a time machine...I would be going back and forward in my chase for smurfs....I wonder what the 2010 smurfs would fetch for on Ebay....they would be rare...but I would bring back a bundle. I remember when they used to sell Astros for 40 cents (Aust) which is probably about 6 cents when you compare it to the pound.

I tried to keep my old smurfs and they were all pretty much mint until about 5 years ago when my sister in law stole them from me. My real sister stole them back from her about 2 years ago but didn't tell me. Then one day last year I mentioned that I didn't know what happened to them to my sister and she said she had them and gave them back to me just like that...I was so happy that I was going to be reunited with my smurfies. Unfortunately they had been chewed by my sister in law's cats and were all filthy as if they had been left outside in the dirt. I did my best to clean them up but I ended up selling nearly all of them or they are still in a box for selling cheap or maybe repainting to make new look smurfs. Such a shame after keeping them for about 20 years in great condition for someone to stael them and trash them in a couple of years. Oh well....by getting them back it started my thirst for collecting and now I have lots and have met all you great people out there....I guess that more than makes up for it.

ramblings of a Dyar
Postby attombomb7 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:43 pm
oops! I'm sorry but I just can't figure outif this post is new or old? :-? :-?

I can't tell yet if the posts are by date? and I can't figure out the dates either?? ooops! they all look like the same date?/ jul??

is there a way to see what today's dated posts are??

ok..so I'm a bit of a blue brain here! dah!

any my first smurf was really a bunch of smurfs..inlcuding the big hammer smurf , Superman , bicyle smurf and regular smurf and I think brainy in red judges outfit..

I bought them 4 yrs ago in a antique shop as a gift for one of my buddys and roomates. at the time who lived above me..and loved smurfs..
it was a cheap xmas gift..cost me $5. total..:lol:

anyway 3 yrs later I kept seeing smurfs..and finally had to buy my own
and bidded on two on EBAY..a Indian chief and a Robot smurf..

and from then on I was buying like crazy..mostly fakes too!

and by the way the Indian and RObot were the only smurfs I ever bought from EBAY..that never showed up.. I had ordered so many others that arrived sooner...

now I have lots! I explored them one by one..

and never grew up with them..like you guys:lol:

Attom
:D

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:12 pm
Dont get confused as i will ?!@* what was i saying er hmmmm! oh yeah this is a new post and its not right that your smurfies were stolon. I wish i still had some of mine from when i was a kid, but never mind. Im sure ill get some of them back at some point from somewear. What am i talking about i have got some of them back, Yepeeeeeeeee. I just whant some of thouse rere ones know like thejocky with trick box! One day one day. All the best and smurfy regards, Steve. :-D :-D :-D
Postby attombomb7 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:15 pm
Hey Steve!!

I have your goodies ready to mail...I was going to mail them today at work but forgot to get postage...and couldn't get out for lunch..

but I am sending them for sure tomorrow..!!

I did put in a little surprise..now I am wondering if you may have it already..if I should just put one of those jokey's in the surprise boxes in intead??? :? :? :? :? :? :grin: :grin:

ah that was mean eh?? I was just kiddin..but I do hope what I send you need...or let me know fast and I can add something you like?? I do have a lot of doubles..

attom 8) 8) 8) :D

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:44 pm
Andrew - did you ever get revenge on your horrible sister-in-law? Did you take her cats and let your smurfs chew on them? If you haven't, I think you should!! I can't remember my first smurf - either from when I was a kid or when I started collecting again :eek: Oh well, I love them all anyways.
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:49 am
Hi Stace

I sort of took revenge by doing nothing and letting her date my brother for the last couple of years....I think that's a fair amount of punishment in itself.

I do kinda feel sorry for her as she isn't the sharpest person in the world....and to give you an idea of what I am talking about, well her mother couldn't spell Donna.....so her name is actually spelt Donne....and I am not joking either.

Dyar

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:51 am
Did her mother like kebabs?

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:02 am
No....I think she likes beer. I have never actually met her but I have heard some scary stories though...real Springer territory.

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:16 am
Welcome aboard Stephthesmurf :grin:

Attom, are you still confused. :roll: If it is a new post (or had anything new added to it) it should show with a papa smurf head, if it isn't new it will be a normal smurf head. Does that make sense?

Getting back to first smurfs, I don't think it matters whether you began collecting as a child or more recently, the excitement of getting new smurfs remains the same. Maybe that is the attraction? Afterall, what is better to get throught the post, the latest utility bill or a package full of little things that bring a smile to your face.

When the post man knocked this morning I ran to the door like I was 9 years again. :grin: :-D :grin: :-D

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:29 am
I can just see you now Rachel....high jumping the double bass to get to the door. I am the same too. It's like Christmas every time a delivery comes as little Jack and I rip into the package to see what the postal Santa has brought us.

Dyar

PS - Is there nothing worse though than getting a delivery with an error in the order. It just takes off the gloss of the excitement if one of them or more is wrong or missing. I am sure this has happened to other people too.

Postby Rachel » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:43 am
I don't know about jumping over the double bass, but I definitely had to jump over the 2 dogs to get to the door and yes, I am probably more excited than they are. :grin:

There is somthing worse than finding an error. Coming home to find that your addorable little puppy has decided to open a package that has come through the door and then has done his best to disguise papa smurf by chewing all his arms, legs and nose off. The papa smurf was one of those slightly larger, bendy smurfs with wire through him.

He is now in smurf heaven :cry:

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:56 am
Your puppy sounds like it would get on well with Kitty. :grin:

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:57 am
I bet the puppy didn't get on too well with Rachel that night.....I think I would of chewed the dog back so he knew what it felt like.

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:01 am
Hey Syd you are a special smurf member, congratulations!

I would like to see you chewing the dog. LOL

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:16 am
Thanks Karen....you guys better add a few more stars otherwise I will be chairman of the board by next week

Postby chesneysmurf » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:35 am
:D
Lacey
Page 1 of 1

Login