Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Raresmurf » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:40 am
ha-ha, I bet everyone jumped into this thread quite quickly eh'? lol :-D

I was just wondering if anyone has heard any more news about this? Karen, maybe you have?

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:25 am
At least another 18 months away last I heard.

Postby Raresmurf » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:55 am
:???: - bummer

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:29 am
:???: - bummer
That looks more like a facer

Postby attombomb7 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:56 pm
really???

I hope it will be alot bigger?? and better!!

anyone know if he is planning to make it more up to date with all the new smurf variations and rares???

:) :) :) :) :)
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:58 pm
I am sure he will add a lot of new stuff otherwise it wouldn't be worth people buying the new one.

Postby attombomb7 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:50 pm
duh! I should have thought of that! thanks! :banghead:

that does make sense!

I havn't ever seen any of the older katalogs! so then this would make it

exciting! to get a updated one! :) :beer: :beer: :beer:
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website

Postby Rachel » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:13 am
I do always look forward to new editions, I think there has been three new ones released since I have been back collecting. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:35 am
I'm really looking forward to seeing what Fakes & Rohlinge will be included as these are out of control at the moment and I am sure there will be a lot more in the new edition.

Dyar

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:09 pm
I think i will have to buy a guide book, (catolog) as i havent got one. I think it will come in very handy mabe i can find one at smurf passion.
Smurfy regards, Steve. :-D :-D

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:57 am
Hi Steve

I've got a copy left of the older Der Schlumpf katalog which was in the shop and is a little worn. If you want it you can have it for £3.00 (that includes the postage).

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:03 am
I have been updating my Katalog translations (currently up to 20131) and adding many of the new listings that I have come across...sometimes doubling the amount in the Katalog but I have a few questions that I would like to ask you guys regarding the normal Katalog.

1. 20042 - Chef - no.4 in the Katalog (if my translation is correct) mentions a brown spoon with a red underside. I haven't seen this one and wondered if anyone here has come across one as I would love to see one to know what they look like?

2. 20033 - Clown (no.2) - In the Katalog it mentions that this one is "gesprayt" which I have translated to "airbrushed"....is this correct Fram? If so, does anyone know how you could tell if one was airbrushed or not as I don't think that I have been able to so far. I have 8 variations and was thinking that possibly I would have this one but not 100% sure what it means and maybe with some help describing the meaning then I may be able to work out if I do actually have this one.

3. 20112 - Carpenter - no.4 in the Katalog mentions this smurf with a brown board but doesn't mention any markings. I was wondering if anyone had seen one of these with authentic markings? I have a Carpenter with a brown board (see pic below) that has no markings and is shorter than the normal ones so I am pretty convinced that my one is a Comics Non Toxico and just wondered if a real one did exist as well or whether this was the one that was being referred to in the katalog?

There are many other things I wanted to bring up but I have forgotten them now...if I remember I will ask for your opinions as it would be cool if someone here knew a thing or two about them.

Thanks

Dyar

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:12 am
In the Katalog it mentions that this one is "gesprayt" which I have translated to "airbrushed"
Someone asked me whether my Fix & Foxis were gesprayt and I asked Pete about how you could tell. He told me this (I am sure he won't mind me quoting him here): -
I have an article by applause talking about how PVC's are made, and they say:

7. The figurine is then painted using a "spray mask" for facial details. Sometimes the entire piece is painted by hand – a time-consuming and arduous task – depending upon the number of colors in any given figurine.

Some Smurfs seem as if the paint is a spray, not hand-painted, some 20033 Clown for example.
I still don't really get it to be honest with you.

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:24 am
Thanks Karen.....I am not too sure about how to tell if one was spray painted or not....I guess I will have to study them and see if they don't have brush strokes or not but I don't think it would be that easy to tell. There are others that are spray painted as well...if I can work it out then I will post about it here.

Dyar

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:00 am
I wondered if the new smurfs had been spray painted? You know how there is a difference when you paint a wall with a roller or a paint brush? And the roller often leaves thin areas of paint? Well it is like the new smurfs were painted with a roller and the older ones with a brush. Probably sounds crazy but that's what it reminds me of. Now obviously they won't paint the new smurfs with a roller, can you imagine that? :) :) :) But perhaps they were painted with a spray instead?

Postby bundleofkent » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:44 am
Andrew with regards to the carpenter I know someone who has this and I will ask them again about the markings( from memory it is a genuine Bully smurf). Again from memory, the preiskatalog has a pic in the latest addition which looks like a normally painted smurf. I think yours is probably a CNT judging by the size, and the colour blue used.

I have never seen the chef you mention¬

Hope this helps

Martin

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:56 pm
Hi Martin

That would be great if you could find something out about this as it means another smurf mystery answered for me.

I have always considered mine to be a CNT smurf due to the size and no markings but it would be great to know if a real one does exist out there.....if so, I want it.

Love your avatar too.....that smurf of yours is brilliant. :D

Dyar

Postby attombomb7 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:06 pm
hi! that is a great avatar ! and a rare one too!:)

the above posts are very interesing...I'm so glad dyar you are into this detail..it sure helps us all!:)
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website

Postby bundleofkent » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:00 am
Andrew the smurf he has is "Bully" marked.

Martin

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:58 pm
Don't suppose he would trade for a rare but very used Syd Smurf... :) .....sorry Syd.....you know I would sell my Granny for smurfs as you even helped me when I tried last year....you should of seen this coming.

Thanks Martin....that was very interesting to hear.

Dyar
Page 1 of 2

Login