Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Tamtam » Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:35 pm
Well I figure I was late on last weeks installment so maybe I would be early with this weeks. How is this possible you say??? Well, we are currently experiencing a bit of poor weather. About 6 inches of white fluffy snow to be exact. And that was just the first attempt at clearing the driveway. So I am thinking that the Flea's will be closed and I will be smurfless once again. Bummer...wait....ebay is calling

:carrots:
:badger:
:monkey:

Tam

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:39 pm
Sorry to here that Tam. :( But aleast with ebay you dont need to go out in the snow. :D
Smurfy regards, steve. :D

Postby eggie smurf » Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:47 pm
Oh no Tam :( You have inspired me though to go far and wide to find a large flea market -- a friend's father told her that he saw a smurfette lamp his flea market, which is an hour and a half away from me. So I googled the place and it's one of the larger farmer's/flea markets around this area( www.zerns.com ). So the family and I took a drive up there today - there were over 300 booths (when it's warm, there are another 200 outside, I think). It was filled with smurf stuff! The first toy store had about 40 smurf keychains (only the football, ballerina and secretary though), a smurfette with jumprope (the rope was broken though), the new japanese unlicensed cell phone chains, AND a smurfette bedroom playset (which I bought for $10!)....it was the newer box, not the elusive applause box but I didn't have this playset and was pretty happy with it. At other booths/stores, there were various plushes, smurf glasses, stickers AND I actually found the smurfette lamp that my friend's father mentioned. It was SO ugly and way overpriced, so I didn't get that one either (I would have if it wasn't so much) :) There was definitely more smurfy stuff then I've ever found at the flea markets closer to me, so definitely worth the drive. I'll have to go back up there when the weather is warmer 8)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:34 am
That's great news Stace...I am very happy for you. It sounds like you found a little treasure island close by. I will have to give you a shopping list next time for the keychains...lol.....I am glad it wasn't a waste of time.

It's a shame the weather wasn't good for you though Tam.....we are all hoping next week you find something monumental.

Dyar

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:30 am
Ah poor Tam. We had really bad weather last summer and we hardly got to any car boot sales, they were all a wash-out so I am hoping this year will be much better. The English weather is very silly at the moment, it doesn't know what it is doing.

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:31 am
And I meant to say, nice buy, Staci! :D

Postby Rachel » Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:59 am
Oh well Tam, at least you had some more snow to play in. :snowing:

Hey Stace, sounds like you had a successful adventure, nice one. :D

I have to admit that I am not an early morning person so the chances of me dragging myself out of bed to get the early bargains at a car boot sale are fairly slim. :tea:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Tamtam » Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:36 am
Morning everyone,
I have good news...the flea is OPEN today. My predictions are crap!! :) But the only thing is..I just got up and won't make it for 9am so I made a deal with Tracy (my better half). She is at work, just around the corner of the flea. She is going to search for smurfs and another bag of apples for me and I will have the driveway cleared out for her when she arrives home. Now I know that this doesn't seem like a good deal for me and considering the snow plow just went by and made my job a little tougher, I do enjoy shovelling the snow off the driveway. Yes I am a very sick individual and need my head examined.
All fingers must be crossed for Tracy this morning as she attempts to complete her smurfy mission.

Tam

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:51 am
Fingers and toes duly crossed, I may even be cross at my hubby as well for good measure :) :) :)

Postby attombomb7 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:10 am
great story Stacy

and what luck in finding that bedroom set!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:11 pm
Hope Tracy found something for you, Tam, and that bucket lady's husband is selling the smurfs way underpriced again :)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Tamtam » Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:37 pm
Staci, I think I need to go to your flea market. Tracy didn't find anything at the Flea. Not even apples. So we went out for coffee with my new smurfy friend and chatted about smurfs and stuff and she showed me a the pictures she drew of her smurfs. Holy cow guys, they are really good. I was impressed. I will see if she will let me post a few for you to see.
After we left Starbucks we went to a thrift store called Value Village. No PVC's but I did find an old Smurfs Atari game so I bought it. Luckily I have an old atari system to try it out on. Works great but I killed 7 smurfs learning how to jump over a fence and a river. :)
So Smurfy Sunday was not lost afterall.
Page 1 of 1

Login