Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby JT » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:00 am
I´m not sure if this was discussed earlier, but I think it would be great to have one. Almost everyone has assessories of Supersmurfs or bits of houses or playsets. I personally think that it would be great to build complete sets and help to build complete sets.
Some might have complete supersmurf with rubbed smurf and might want to replace him with mint one etc.
If we had some topic, where everyone could inform about bits they have to ones in need. Now there is thousands (well maybe not that many) topics where people are asking bits they need. It´s hard to find ones between other topics.

Phew, it´s always hard to try make yourself understanded in different language. Thank you for your patience :)

JT

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:06 am
Hi JT

I'm in the middle of building a Smurf Trade Exchange.

http://www.kittyscavern.com/smurfexchange/

I am hoping spare parts can be incorporated into this.

It is in early stages still but will eventually be a searchable database.

Do you think this could help?

Postby JT » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:15 am
Yes Karen, that might be helpful. (I knew it! Once I get an original idea, I found out I´ve read about it somewhere and forgot!)

Although when adds start to come in, it might be hard to find what you want (like in ebay :) ).

I´ve mailed chis about "genuine smurf poo", that sounds exciting :)

Janne

Postby eggie smurf » Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:54 pm
LOL, I'm still waiting for my smurf poo from Karen :) It's a good idea, even if you read it before or came up with it in addition to it being here, Janne :D

P.S. Who's the cute boy in the tree under the Papa Smurf add? :o
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:02 pm
I just looked at the smurf poo and that's amazing. I wouldn't have room for it in my smurf room as it looks too big but how incredible to do a poo in the shape of Big Ben.

I really need a Shopping Trolley for my raw Smurfette....I do have some spare super parts though so it could be a very successful trade exercise

Dyar

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:28 am
Although when adds start to come in, it might be hard to find what you want (like in ebay ).
That is basically just a start. What I was thinking is that I might add all the smurf codes and names so people could just select from a drop down menu. That way things would be easily found. I was also thinking of trying to link it to some sort of wish list. Another idea was if people create a wishlist then they could hit a button saying find items and it would find all the relevant matches on the trade exchange and also those in my shop, that way people can easily compare prices between the smurfs offered in trade and those in my shop, but then it is getting more complicated so I am waiting for Chris to get more time to complete it. Sometimes it is good to be able to quickly compare the mint version as prices can be surprisingly cheap on some smurfs.

If anyone has ideas for this, what else we need to include then please let me know! Post on this thread if you can so it keeps it all in one place.

Postby attombomb7 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:57 pm
hi!

I may be stupid so far..but I don't get it????

I checked out the smurfs for trade and I can't see any smurfs?? just chris and some kinda equiptment???

is the smurf hiding in the blue wires????:) and some Palriament buildings??

is this a test????

it is a great idea to have a exchange!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Rachel » Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:03 pm
Looking good Karen, I think a trade exchange is a fab idea and Janne, adding accessories would be really helpful. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:40 pm
Yes it is just a test format for functionality. I only showed people it so they could see hopefully what it is going to be like. The idea behind it is that where at the moment we make lists of things wanted or doubles etc. which isn't always that easy because you have to go through the list and there is no search option. Whereas with this we will enter our trade lists in the database and then if someone decides they want a new Papa Smurf 2.0001 they can just search the Trade Exchange and email via it. The next step is for Chris to write the search facility I think, and obviously to tidy up what we have now. Do you think we need any more criteria for describing smurfs? Obviously we now also need to think about a spare parts category, great idea Janne! :D

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:44 pm
What a really good idea expesialy the spair parts section like me im sure there are loads of people needing them to compleate a few smurfies. :-D :-D There are loads of bits and pices i still need. I have a few spair bits i dont need to you can find them on my trades pages if anyone wants to have a looksy to see if theres anything there you need. Just let me know. :D Id sertanly look forward to this new section Karen can you please keep us all posted but it looks great so far. :D
Smurfy regards, Steve. :D :D

Postby JT » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:51 pm
Obviously I didn´t see the big picture. I only thought it would be nice to be able help others to get their incomplete supers and palysets complete. And maybe be able to get some needed parts myself. It would be handy to have all availeable parts in same place and I just thought this forum could be good place for that.
Now that Karen has revealed her project I can see it is even better idea in some ways. If you can solve the problem of finding a right part or smurf easily, your page will be superb :D

JT

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:27 am
Yeah I am all for it....I think this will be a great asset to the forum. :D

Dyar

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:55 am
I think it would maybe be a good idea to start a sticky topic of spare parts offered or needed under smurfing boot sale for now anyway, in line with Janne's original idea. Will set that up for now. :D

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:35 am
I meant to say, there's not much point registering to the Smurf Exchange because this is just a test version.
Page 1 of 1

Login