Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Guest » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:31 pm
I've never been able to ship Gargamel's Castle overseas before because it is so heavy, it is over 2kg in weight and the prices go up stupidly after that weight. I was thinking about the Aussies and the fact they can't get the castle over there, well if anyone is desperate to get one of these then there is nothing to stop me shipping it in two deliveries. I could open the box and split the contents. Just a thought anyway incase anyone desperately wants one. :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:44 pm
Can we get half price if we only want one half of the Castle?

Dyar

PS - I would choose the above ground half.

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:07 pm
I was waiting to see what you would have to say about my post, lol. I thought you might start talking about saws and stuff! :) :) :neener:

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:43 pm
No.....sores come later when you find out that I didn't really want the other half.

Just out of curiosity and for the benefit of other Aussies who want the Castle.....what type of a difference can this half/half method of posting make?

Dyar

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:41 am
To ship in two separate 2kg parcels saves about £10 as opposed to sending one 4kg parcel. Mad isn't it?
Postby newbiepeej » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:45 am
:D thats not a bad thought i will keep it in mind should i afford it in near future.
Good things come in little blue hands

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:48 am
It's still extortionate though, about £37.00. I would actually recommend people buy this from Pete at Mushroom Village as his shipping on the heavier items is more competitive. He still has stock but for how long I don't know, so don't leave it too late if you really want one. :D

Postby aussiesmurfer » Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:58 am
I bought the castle from mushroom village a couple of months ago, from memory the postage was around $45 US.

It's my favorite building! :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:07 am
I think the postage rates might of gone up but last February I bought the Gargamel's Castle, Farm, Windmill (all the more recent versions) MIB, Gate & Fence playset, Drum playset, all 8 2004 smurfs, Well playset, Silver Racing super, High Diver super & Patriot and paid about 45 euros postage for all of this. The seller also threw in a couple of bonus items like the small Techno bag, a display box and the Millennium keychain.

I was told that I could of added another Gargamel's Castle for Michelle without it affecting the price. I think now the price would be about 90 euros to post this so i think either I got very lucky with the timing or the seller paid some of the postage rate which doesn't make sense since they are a buisness and it would not be feasable to offer postage discounts.

This seller gave me the cheapest quote after I contacted quite a few sellers for the items and the postage....the difference with the most expensive was hundreds of dollars more.

Dyar
Page 1 of 1

Login