Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby bundleofkent » Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:07 am
There's been a lot of really bad fakes of these as we all know. I think someone asked as to whether they really existed ( a bit like the i love NY).

Well I asked Bernd Maier who's been dealing since the 1980's (smurfs that is !)a while ago.

The Karamalz were promo's in 1986 just as Schleich went bankrupt. Only a few were made. He got them from Schleich and sold them for buttons to collectors.

This is similar to the I love NY which he has had for the same length of time.

Now proof is a difficult thing to come by but I trust him and I suppose that is all we can go on.

Luckily a collector has sold his collection and one of the Karamalz is the very same one that Bernd Maier sold 15 years ago.I've managed to get it and will post pics when I can.

Martin

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:22 am
I didn't think Schleich actually went bankrupt, I just thought it was a close call.
Postby smurfowen » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:48 am
There's been a lot of really bad fakes of these as we all know. I think someone asked as to whether they really existed ( a bit like the i love NY).

Well I asked Bernd Maier who's been dealing since the 1980's (smurfs that is !)a while ago.

The Karamalz were promo's in 1986 just as Schleich went bankrupt. Only a few were made. He got them from Schleich and sold them for buttons to collectors.

This is similar to the I love NY which he has had for the same length of time.

Now proof is a difficult thing to come by but I trust him and I suppose that is all we can go on.

Luckily a collector has sold his collection and one of the Karamalz is the very same one that Bernd Maier sold 15 years ago.I've managed to get it and will post pics when I can.

Martin
Any pictures yet.
Smurfowen
Life is a journey, so enjoy the ride.
Page 1 of 1

Login