Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Guest » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:59 am
I've just received my Look-in magazines and they are in MINT condition. I am thrilled with them. I am going to post pics of all the smurfy stuff from them. Here is the first one!

Postby XoioX2000 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:05 am
Karen!

You could be my savier! You know we talked about logos from companies which have used smurfs in their promotions, well National Gas is if course one of them! And the only log of NatGas that I have found is from an old yellowy map.

Would you mind making a large scan of that Smurfy Nat Gas logo and send it to me... pleaaaaaasssseee....

Cheers,

David
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave
Postby steveparkes » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:42 am
OMG - That took me right back to the 70's Karen..I remember the National posters so well..I used to have lots of stuff from them..posters, stickers, wall shelves, even a little smurfy band that went round a boiled egg :D

Thanks for the memories,

Steve.
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk
Postby attombomb7 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:58 am
very nice!!! I've never seen those before!!

attom :D :D

Postby Rachel » Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:32 pm
Excellent pic Karen, can't wait to see more.
Oh to have a time machine to take me back to being a kid again, only for the smurfs you understand, I don't think I can go through the whole process again! :D

Why, oh why didn't I get more smurfs when I was younger and then keep on collecting. Imagine being in the position of collecting smurfs throughout since the 70's. I wonder how many collector's are in that position? :razz:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby JT » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:16 pm
That add looks great. Show us more, please.

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:16 pm
That's great Karen I would love to have that for my collection. I would frame it instead of just framing Syd for everytime I was meant to take the blame.

Did you know that was in the magazines when you bought them or was it just a surprise when they arrived?

Dyar

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:15 am
It was the mag that had Olivia Newton-John AND this ad in, hence why I paid £15.00 for it!!! :o

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:06 am
Hi Karen.....here's a smurf ad from an Australian magazine that I have but it's for BP Smurfs which is where us Aussies used to get the blue & white chaps & chapettes from.....which is odd since BP stands for British Petroleum.

Dyar
Postby Guest » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:13 pm
Some more pics from Look In mags dated 1980.

That is an odd looking thing under the Smurf Hat in the Smurf and the Egg!!! It's got a touch of the Dyar's I think! :D

Postby attombomb7 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:19 pm
Amazing!!! Karen!! those must be fun to see up close! and read! I meant the books

Attom :D

Postby Rachel » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:42 pm
What fantastic pics. It is so good to see these adverts, promotional items and cartoon strips. I may have to try and get my self a copy, I did use to love Look In. :grin:

Thanks for posting them Karen and Dyar.
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:54 pm
Yeah thanks for posting these Karen they were very nice to see and read. They look in great condition too and I bet there are not too many of these around anymore.

I was really getting into the story about the mysterious hat and how Gargamel caught the smurf...you can't leave me hanging here not knowing how the smurf escaped.....that is going to ruin me....how does it end....it can't end like this.....no, no, I must know the ending....arrgggghhhhhhhh!.......my brain hurts now :?

The touch of the Dyar's???? A friend once showed me a animated movie that had lots of those looking things....I forget what she said it was called but it was one of the funniest things I have ever seen and I had to be restrained from doing serious damage during a laughing fit. Syd claims that every smurf has things like these under their hats but when I said to prove it he called me a pervert.....so I guess I will never know.

Dyar

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:30 am
LOL, you have made me chuckle this morning Dyar! :D

I have to go to the dentist in a minute, I was flossing my teeth and yanked a huge filling out in the process! :( Needed the laugh!

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:19 am
It may be difficult for you to laugh once you come back from the Dentist....I will have to try and see what happens.....Lucie, another appointment for madam Karen tomorrow morning please. :sad:

Dyar

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:56 am
Hiya Karen,How was your appointment with the dentist hope it went ok and it didnt hurt too much. Ihate having injections . So much so i have a special moutwash which numbs you when you rinse with it. Only problem is you cant speak for hours and hours afterwards, which amuses my collegues no end. :? lucie

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:37 pm
Oh wow, tell me where I can get that mouthwash Lucie please!!! I hate the dentist, I actually fainted once at the dentist I was so frightened, I came round when they tipped me on my head in the chair!

It was just a temporary filling and I go back in two weeks for the real thing. I had a tooth out a couple of years ago and it was just as horrible as the one I remembered having out when I was a kid. My tongue swelled and I thought I was going to choke to death for days afterwards. After that a filling seems not so bad so I am not too worried! I am taking some smurfs in for the dentist next time I see him. He is an Australian and has rude pictures of kangaroos on the ceiling which really help. I love the fact that my dentists is very unclinical, they have the radio on and lots of pictures on the ceiling, very relaxing!
Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:18 pm
It's easy to get rude pics of kangaroos because they are always hopping into bed with each other.......mmm an Australian dentist in the UK with rude pics of kangaroos on the ceiling....it's almost worth going to that Dentist just to see those attractions.

Dyar

PS - Let me guess.....the radio on and our national anthem "Khe Sanh" blaring on the stereo. Just warn you though that if the Aussie dentist hears the song Khe Sanh then he might have to stand at a slouch attention and do the Aussie salute with the nearest beer can whist singing wildly out of tune....it's a past time.

PPS - I once read that Khe Sanh is one of the most played songs on London juke boxes.....I also heard someone say it's because there are too many blooming Aussies in London....LOL

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:28 am
David I bumped this thread up to the top again because these pics are all from the Look-In mags you questioned.

Postby IndigoSmurf » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:19 am
Karen... Those are AWESOME!! Thanks for posting them... do you have any extras that you'll be putting in your store? I LOVE the Olympic Natl Gas poster. That's sooo adorable!

Christine
Page 1 of 2

Login