Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Papa Smurf » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:47 am
Hi all,

Does anyone a detailed guide to hunting for smurfs at Car Boot Sales and Flea Markets?

Cheers,

Papa Smurf

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:17 am
I get really frustrated because I have never found vintage smurfs at car boots! I know other people who have and they've got some real bargains. Most people I speak to still have old smurfs but they are hanging onto them incase they are worth a lot in years to come!

If you dig deep in some boxes you will find MacDonald's smurfs, the one with the Happy Meal box was only produced for the UK so it's well worth having that one if it's cheap.

Karen

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:23 pm
im always on the look out for smurfy stuff at booties and have found some bargains in the last few years but nothing yet this year. :-( Boo Hoo But theres still time yet!!!! :-D But my mum did she got me a talking pull string smurf in good working order just 2 days ago out of a charity shop for 75p it was a bit grubby but came up wonderfull after a few washes. ;-)

Postby Rachel » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:30 pm
Hi SmurfySteve, I've also got the pullstring smurf, very cute :-D
There is also a matching smurfette.

Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:37 pm
I know and i want i want :-( But ill probly never get her do you have it?? What does it say? Also i cant find a listing for pull string smurfs any were it was amazing when i got him i havent been able to leave it alone i cant help my self its my new favorite smurfy toy its like being 5 again! Oh i forgot i am 5 He He He! :-D :-D
Postby Guest » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:14 am
These are called Chatter Chums by Wallace Berrie.

Only a smurf and smurfette are shown in my book, maybe they were the only ones made?

Issue date 1/1/83
7" high
Made in Hong Kong
Value $18.00 - $25.00

Info from page 45 of Unauthorized Guide to Smurfs Around the World.

Hope this helps Steve!

Karen
Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:55 pm
Hi there , I send my dad out looking for smurfs on a sunday when he goes to the carboot sale's. He has found a few, My mum;s friend finds us quite a few from charity shops of all places. My work collegue found me a great plush papa smurf at a car boot sale. If you press his tummy he sings ! He's great . Lucie :) & simon :smile:
Page 1 of 1

Login