Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Papa Smurf » Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:38 am
Since my re-interest in smurf collecting I have found that there may be a lot of sellers out there that plead ignorence to the quailty of the smurfs for sale - saying they are in MINT condition when they are not...it's so damd frustrating spending money on a smurf only to fine rubs and other markings on them....grrrrrrrrrrrrit makes me so frustrated...can anyone offer some advice...?

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:44 am
I have been thinking about this a lot lately. It frustrates me because it is difficult for me to get across to prospective new buyers that my smurfs are "mint mint" when there are so many bad smurfs being sold as mint. These poor quality smurfs make my smurfs look expensive which is annoying.

I especially dislike the "please remember some smurfs are very old disclaimer" which many sellers use. I've got some smurfs bought in the late 1970s which look no different to the more recent ones. Why should buyers accept a smurf is in poor condition due to age? That is rubbish! :evil:

It is probably best to ask the seller further questions about the smurf when they are trying to cover their backs with a disclaimer about age. In my mind, either a smurf is mint or it's not! If it's not then they should detail what's wrong with it.

Did you get any more response from the seller who you asked for a photo of the smurf's feet? For everyone else, I told Papa to ask for a picture to try and find out whether the smurf on auction was fake or not.

Like I have said before, sometimes you will spot a problem with a smurf that wasn't obvious before, nobody is perfect, but this is why a decent seller should offer to refund for the item if it is not as described. If they accept no returns I have to wonder why? I have always offered refunds/returns, etc. and I can't remember ever having to do a refund for smurf items. So my question is, why is it necessary to stipulate "no returns", what is the seller hiding?

Hope this helps. :grin:

Karen

Postby Papa Smurf » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:50 am
Yup, I have taken your advise and asked for photo's - they sent some and all looked ok untill I recieved the smurf, not mint and a chip on the ear...sooo annoying...why not get a list of reliable sellers together or even start a verismurf sign...it's a good idea K...hey?

Postby Rachel » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:54 am
Hi Papa, I agree :-(

Unfortunately this seems to be the nature of Ebay these days. There are many great sellers out there who are honest and give acurate descriptions, unfortunately there are also those who either don't care or don't mind deceiving people. :x

Ebay has grown so much over the last few years that there are now so many things (including smurfs) being sold that everyone seems to be competing to sell so much that some of their descriptions are dodgy to say the least.

Another problem seems to be feedback. I personally think many people a scared to leave negative or neutral feedback in case of retaliation. I have left quite a few negatives / neutrals over the years and never had any! I always check feedback and if I am at all concerned I email the seller.

If you are ever stuck for an opinion, share it here and you never know, someone may have come across that particular seller before.
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:09 am
The verismurf idea is great in theory but who would manage it? I am just thinking that perhaps we could have a topic here where we list genuine, trusted and reliable ebay sellers. If someone is listed as ok and then someone else comes across a problem with the seller we could delete them off the list.

What do you think?

Karen

Postby Rachel » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:56 am
That sounds like a fine idea. A list of reliable sellers, people can submit names if they are happy with a seller and a seller can be removed if we hear of a bad experience.

Maybe a sticky post in the Ebay section?

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:03 pm
Yes. I would add Christine in USA to that list but I have forgotten her ebay id, anyone know it? I would recognise it if I saw it but can't remember it offhand! :grin:

Karen
Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:55 am
Hello Karen....yes and hello Rachel too

I think that is a fantastic idea regarding listing reliable sellers here. I know I buy from some new sellers sometimes and I really have to do it on faith....as we all do. However if they were listed here as a reliable seller then we can feel a little more positive about the deal. Maybe we can even put our names next to it so we can see who recommends them and therefore can contact that member regarding any problems, issues or questions.

I think the ID name of the Christine you are after is "cahobson71" and if so I totally agree with her being recommended. I have bought of her quite a few times now and she has always been a lovely seller. Others that I also highly recommend are "bjquire" (Beverly from the US) and a fantastic Aussie seller who is "bulldogsbonkers" (Gary). There are plenty more but I would like to see others speak up here and give their votes too.

Take care everyone and please show your support for this idea of Karen's

Andrew

Postby Rachel » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:58 am
Hi Andrew, there is a topic already started under the Ebay section :grin:

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:45 am
Oops....I'm still getting around the site....so much to read and so little time

Thanks Rachel I will be there soon

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:06 am
Take care everyone and please show your support for this idea of Karen's
Have to correct you Syd, this is Papa's idea, I can't take the credit for it! :grin:

Karen

Postby Papa Smurf » Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:20 am
Thanks for the credit Kitty ;) - Hopefully it works out! ;)
Postby attombomb7 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:28 pm
:D :D

Hey! I agree with all the above posts! including the great sellers you mentioned!!

I have bought from tons of them this past year...over a few hundred!!

and I havn't done that bad..most of the items I bought were as

described!! maybe a hand fullwere a bit surprising..but part of it was my fault too for being dumb! I bought items I had toguess on for value..and they were not really real...like a touched up painted smurf for example..

Attom :D :D

P

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:02 am
Sorry Papa....please don't kick me out of the village.

I thought Karen said it but then again I have thought many things in my life and I'm not surprised that I am wrong. It's a great idea Papa and now I feel really bad for not giving you the credit. I guess there's been too many late nights recently with a lot of stress because I have lost one of my fav smurfs and good friend Syd and I guess the tiredness has not only just caught up to me...I think its lapped me.

Andrew
Page 1 of 1

Login