Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 2 of 2

Postby agent smurf » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:12 pm
"we have the technology to rebuild him, better, stronger, faster and more smurfier..." :-D

Postby Azrael » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:03 am
Going out on a limb here....

I would not actually trust this auction. Has anyone noticed that the charity has 0 percent feedback. Also, the lack of date also slightly worries me.

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but the picture also worries me.

It just doesn't, look right. I won some memorabilia from the Incredible Hulk movie from Marvel Auctions and the site looked much more professional, and that was a charity thing as well.
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Pickle Smurf » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:37 am
I also thought this was a scam, but thought it was just me being paranoid so didn't say so before.

Postby Pickle Smurf » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:45 am
Looks like it is genuine though, the St Jude's website has details about the auctions on the site.

http://www.stjude.org

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:28 am
St. Jude's Children Hospital is an excellent charity...I don't think they do this thing that often. You mainly see them do all day TV events here in the States for donations, so maybe they are new to this OR whoever put up the auction is independent and is just going to give the money to St. Jude's. :-? It's good to do research on this though before bidding, either way, due to tax deductions, etc etc.
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Azrael » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:07 am
Oh no, don't get me wrong, I totally agree with the charity aspect of it, it just seems to have very little infomation and be VERY high for the movie.

A walk on part in Iron man 2 didn't go that high!
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:33 am
It's good to do research on this though before bidding, either way, due to tax deductions, etc etc.
:) :) :)

You can never take the accountant out of a fishy
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:09 am
......although, you can take the figures out of accountant's head if you take their adding machines away though

What does an accountant look like without an adding machine...... :scratchinghead:

Dyar

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:27 am
What does an accountant look like without an adding machine......
Like this:
:morehelp: :dory:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:54 am
:haha: :sofunny: :sofunny:

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:37 am
Wahooo.. $5100.00

Well given they say the camera adds 10lbs I hope they remember to utilise CGI to remove it for this person.. they are already going to be 10 times bigger than all the stars.... Dear editor, while your at it could you please airbrush 50-60kgs off my image.. tar

Imagine telling your gran kids you were in the movies... with the smurfs!! 8)
I guess at the red carpet events a series of green tennis balls on sticks have to be carried in :-D
Page 2 of 2

Login