Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 3 of 4

Postby bradley » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:29 pm
the discs

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:02 am
That's awesome bradley. Great pictures too! :D
Do you know if they will follow the DVD with another one of a different
character? or was that a one shot deal?
(Website is only viewable on Internet Explorer)

Postby bradley » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:18 am
I'm not sure when they'll have another dvd release. These sets are really nice though. Much better than the ones out in America. These are random episodes as well but I like them in the themed releases. And more episodes in the set than the American volumes. The Time Travellers DVD was released last year and that was the whole final season of the smurfs and labled a 50th Anniversary release. This Smurfette one matches perfect with the cover art to that one last year. So maybe they'll continue character based DVDs... will have to wait and see.

Postby SmurfingH » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:50 am
I like the art on that one. Great idea to have the plastoy there too! :-D :) :)

Postby bradley » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:06 am
LOL.. spoke to soon. The Papa Smurf Collection has been listed Available Wednesday 4th November! That was quick. Will pre-order now. No other details yet.

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/808843

that was a surprise. I'll be in the UK counting down the days until Blue Paradise when this dvd is released.

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:43 pm
LOL.. spoke to soon. The Papa Smurf Collection has been listed Available Wednesday 4th November! That was quick. Will pre-order now. No other details yet.

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/808843
SWEET!! Those are going to look great together. :-D

Postby bradley » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:47 am
Found the cover art for the Papa Smurf Collection. No episode titles yet. They could have made Papa a little smaller, a full body shot. His head looks so big.

Papa Smurf is the village chief. He was 542 years old last spring. Youll recognise him by his white beard and red clothes.

Hes a gentle, wise and knowledgeable old Smurf, and serves as a leader and always ready to help somebody, whether they be Smurf or human. Being an experienced alchemist, he often saves the Smurfs from danger using his knowledge.

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:14 am
I love the look on that DVD cover of Papa Smurf!

Postby SA Smurfette » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:59 am
Excellent...The Smurfette Collection :smitten:

I tried to order it from ezydvd but they were out of stock so'll I'll try somewhere else, but managed to order the Papa Smurf collection from them :D
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby bradley » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:49 am
Excellent...The Smurfette Collection :smitten:

I tried to order it from ezydvd but they were out of stock so'll I'll try somewhere else, but managed to order the Papa Smurf collection from them :D
I haven't seen the smurfette collection anywhere in shops. Very strange. I order from Ezydvd always. My Papa Smurf Collection dvd arrived while I was away. Opened the dvd up yesterday when I got home. Funny printed error on each disc inside. It says 'The Smurfette Collection" instead of the Papa Collection. Magna Pacific like making mistakes I think. I never got that replacement disc for the Time Travellers dvd. But the Papa DVD looks like a nice set. I'll list off the episodes and take some photos when I have time.

Postby bradley » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:05 am
taken 3 photos of the Papa Smurf Collection DVD. You can see the error printed on the discs saying the smurfette collection. And I realised when I placed the dvd with the other 2 sets that the Papa Smurf collection doesn't have a cardboard slip case like the other two. So a little disappointing.

oh bummer I didn't take a photo of the back cover, whoops

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:27 am
That's an odd mistake...I wonder if they ever realized this and corrected it :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bradley » Sun May 09, 2010 5:51 am
Magna Pacific are releasing another smurf boxset but this set is just the Smurfette and Papa Smurf previous release volumes in one. Due out 1st July. Cover art looks nice. Here is the photo:

Postby bradley » Sun May 09, 2010 5:56 am
oh wow! just checked the list again on the Magna website and noticed they are also releasing 'The Smurfs and the Magic Flute"!! Finally! Never seen it. That is excellent. Same release date. Cover Art:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun May 09, 2010 12:46 pm
Thanks for posting, Brad :cheers:

I really like the sets...but I am trying very hard not to listen to that not so quiet little voice in my ear that tells me to get them :crazy:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bradley » Mon May 10, 2010 1:57 am
I'll be placing a pre-order on the Smurfs Magic Flute dvd as soon as its up. Don't need the boxset, although the box cover looks really nice. I still haven't got around to watching the smurfette or papa dvd collections anyway...

Postby bradley » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:23 am
just noticed a Smurfs DVD release for the UK!! The Smurfs - Complete Series 1. Release date is July 5th! Hope they continue to release the seasons in boxsets like this. The American & Australian releases can't seem to do that. Heres the pre-order on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Smurfs-1-Comple ... 846&sr=8-3

I think I might buy these as long as they continue complete season boxsets. Will have to wait & see. I've pre-ordered the Magic Flute Aussie DVD release for next month!

Postby bradley » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:26 am
oh wow... lol. I should have kept looking down the Amazon list. The Smurfs - Complete Series 2 release date 6th September.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Smurfs-2-Comple ... 846&sr=8-7

Postby bradley » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:21 am
photos of the Australian release of the Smurfs & The Magic Flute. Nice dvd with slip case & a surprise bonus double sided poster. Watched the film last week for the first time. I enjoyed it. Just puzzled at Peewit being called 'William' & Johan called 'John'?????

Postby bradley » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:21 am
2 more smurf dvds for Australia. Pre-order is up for 3rd November. A Greedy Smurf Collection & I'm not sure if this is a re-release or a volume 2 but another Papa Smurf Collection. No other details.

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/815878
http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/815877

Just searching the Magna Pacific website, they seem to have these dvds listed as "The Smurfs: Just Smurfy 1" & "The Smurfs: Just Smurfy 2".

The Smurfs: Just Smurfy 1
EPISODES:
• The Smurf Apprentice • Vanity Fair • The Hundredth Smurf
• Smurphony In C • Smurf Me No Flowers • The Kaplowey Scroll
• Smurfs At Sea • The Box Of Dirty Tricks • Sleepwalking Smurfs
• The Littlest Giant • The Lost City Of Yore
• Bubble, Bubble, Smurfs In Trouble • Heavenly Smurfs

+ Special Features: Bonus Collectible Papa Smurf Figurine

The Smurfs: Just Smurfy 2
EPISODES:
• Smurfs Christmas (Special) • April Smurfs Day • The Smurfs Fire Brigade
• The Winged Wizzard • Hats Off To Smurf • No Time For Smurfs
• The Golden Smurf Award • The Chief Record Smurf
• Good Neighbour Smurf • A Little Smurf Confidence
• Harmony Steals The Show • Hogatha’s Hearththrob
• A Bell For Azrael • The Magic Earrings

+ Special Features: Bonus Collectible Greedy Smurf Figurine

wonder if those are schleich figures of Papa & Greedy.
Page 3 of 4

Login