Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 2 of 2
Postby Tommo » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:31 am
Hi Arno,
I agree. Even though I prefer them over last years smurfs, not including the Lost Village ones, I don't particularly like them. I like the goalkeeper though. Yes, the pvc is a little strange. It's more of a cream than a white so looks a little strange. If I had of bought these 2nd hand, even though they were mint, I would feel that the whites had discoloured. :???: Let's hope they come out with something better next year. When are Schleich potentially dropping making smurfs?
Many thanks,
Tommo
Postby Arno » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:52 pm
Hi Kath, they are made in China indeed.
My sofa is covered of Bully quack smurfs and when I compared the new ones with the quack ! :shock: :( :)
I think the fact that they probably are designed only on a digital way makes them... streched. If they were molded with wax, the designer would see that the nose and the ears don't fit, I guess.

Hi Tommo, on mine, the white is... white ! Maybe you have some variations yet.
Postby Tommo » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:40 pm
I think I'm being fussy Arno :) I drive sellers made asking if the "whites are white" :) I might have to get another set to compare :D I realise that I've said earlier in the thread that I like them... they're not great, but better than the year before.
Tommo
Postby Arno » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:49 am
I understand that perfectly. People are tired of me asking if this yellow harp is the same yellow that the other or different ? And that blue skirt ?

The smurfs released last year were worse than these ones, I agree.
Postby The Smurf Collector » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:55 am
I received the new soccer smurfs today and I can fully understand why there is some disappointment with them. I agree they are better than last year's Occasion themed ones but still feel they lack any real personality.

I really miss the hand painted features that really added character to the smurf figurines such as their eyes. I also miss Smurfette's shiny golden hair!

I also noticed that the Schleich tag was interesting as it included the article number above the barcode and then sits the European Article Number below. I don't believe this was the case last year but I could be wrong.
Keep Smurfin

Kath B

Try smurfing this: http://www.smurfs.com.au
Postby Tojo » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:39 am
I bought the Football Smurfs yesterday & actually I quite like them :o

I might have to put all of my football smurfs together to compare them though (the new set, the set from a few years ago, the McDonalds Happy Meal set & the few others that came out years ago). Maybe there's enough to make 2 teams :) :)
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:
Page 2 of 2

Login