Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 1
Postby saussard*be » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:53 am
http://www.saussard.be
xaviersaussard@hotmail.com
XAVIER@SAUSSARD.BE

NO PASSION IN 2008
but maybe a B I G surprise in 2009 !!!
0032(0)474.74.88.60

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:07 am
That's great Xavier, hopefully we can get someone to translate it? Well done Rachel for being the most famous Smurf collector in Wales. I can't help but think of "Little Britain" where he says about being the only one in the village. :) Rachel I have you in my mind saying "I'm the only smurf collector in the village, you know?" :) :)

I am getting more and more excited about Schtroumpf Passion now. I have a letter here from Chouchou, this is a shop in Brussels in the Galerie Louise. I met Bernard who runs the shop in August and his mother wrote to me when I got home which was very sweet.

Ooo exciting times ahead!!! :) :) :)

Postby Rachel » Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:50 pm
Hi Xavier, Thank You so much for posting this very interesting info. It is incredible to think that a national newspaper has devoted 7 whole pages to articles about Peyo and the smurfs. :cheers:

Looks like a great article about you too and now I am famous in Belgium! :yikes:

I must also Thank Xavier as he has very kindly agreed to get me a copy of the newspaper and I will be collecting it personally on our trip to the smurf passion. :D

I am hoping that once I have a copy I will try and get it translated as there looks like some really interesting stuff there. :sherlock:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby attombomb7 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:30 pm
this is all such great news!! and so wonderful for you Rachel!!!

and karen!! its like Ab Fab goes to Belgium!! oops!!

watch out smurfs!

I'm sure you both will have a super time! while we all wait to hear what it was like!!! :)

with the newspaper giving so much space WOW~~ to smurfs..it may mean the crowds will be huge??? so go early!!

also if its like our Country...once its in the newpaper all the other media borrow the idea..like TV!!!! so

make sure you both do your hair!! LOL!!

take a small camera and pics of the goodies on the tables??
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:36 pm
make sure you both do your hair!! LOL!!
LOL Attom you are so funny!!!
and karen!! its like Ab Fab goes to Belgium!! oops!!
HA HA are you making me out to be a bit of a Patsy darling? :) :)

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:44 pm
Thanks for posting that Xavier and wow....Rach....maybe I should get your autograph now while it's still at a good price. That is so cool to be in the media in another country. If you do get it translated..please please share it with us here.

That made my day hearing about Rachel getting that type of attention...love live the Rach.

Dyar

Postby Fram » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:44 am
I have a copy of that newspaper! I'll try to translate it, but please be patient! Congratulations saussard on getting that much attention for the Smurfs, perhaps we can start the Smurf revival from Wallonie!
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Fram » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:54 pm
The paper, Dernière Heure (Last hour), contains eight full pages about the Smurfs. The first page is a Smurf drawing with 'The Smurfs' written in all languages across it. The other seven pages are full of articles and interviews. No advertisements at all! So this is a bit much to translate all in one go, and I might get into copyright troubles as well :)
I'll take some bits and pieces, if there are requests, just let me know.
Page 2 is about 'The Success story Peyo', and is a short biography of Peyo, with two nice photos of him. Here you can also finc the reason that it is this paper that spends eight pages on him: his first comic appeared in 1947 in the same gazette!
About the Smurfs:
'It is Peyo's wife who is responsible for their blue colour. As a colourist (the person who adds the colour to the comics), she thought that the blue would be better in a green surrounding...'
The third page is an interview with the son of Peyo, Thierry Culliford.
About the early years, when he had quitted the arts school:
All his life has happened due to coincidences. After quitting arts school, he still has the passion [for arts], but he isn't completely convinced. He sees two job ads in the paper, one for dental technician, and one for 'gouacheur' (gouache drawer?). He has presented himself at the first, but it was already taken, so he has taken his chances at the second, and it's there that everything has started. He could just as well have made a career with the dentists...

It's at the 'gouache' job in an animation studio that he meets people like Franquin (from Gaston, Marsupilami, and other comics) and Morris (from Lucky Luke).
About the international success:
At the end of the decennium [the seventies], a little girl was with her grandfather in a shop, and she wanted a Smurf plush puppet. Grandfather gives it to her, and when they arrive at home, little brother immediately plays with the puppet as well. Grandfather was a big boss at NBC [one of the three great American TV channels], and he has said to himself that they should do something with those creatures that amused the children so much...
And finally:
For the moment, we are discussing the making a new full length movie in the United States with modern animation.
If the son himself, the current artistic leader of the Smurfs imperium (the daughter is the administrative boss), says so, then it is true! But they are discussing, nothing is certain yet. I have no idea what he means by 'modern animation', perhaps more 3D, like Incredibles or so? Or 2D, but computer made?
Page 4 and 5 are an alphabet of the major personnages of Peyo (Smurfs and other series), and some other important things in his career. I'll skip that for now.
To be continued...
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Rachel » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:02 pm
Thanks Fram, that is is great info, I can't wait to get my copy. :D :D

Brilliant news to at least have it confirmed that a movie is being dicussed, the more I think about it the more I am convinved that it will happened at some point. All I have had in school today is kids ranting on about the new Magic Roundabout film so there are other retro fims being made, surely the smurfs have ti make a come back. :cheers:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:17 pm
Thanks Fram, that is great! Have you got to the bit where they mention Blue Imps yet? :)

Postby attombomb7 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:35 pm
wow! that was wonderful! fram!! thanks!

I wish that someone kept tons of this newspaper!! I'm sure its a great collectors item now!!

and the scleich! people must be thrilled!! as well and their employees!!!

this helps all collectors!! and lovers of smurfs!! :)
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:55 pm
Fram please could you get me a copy of this paper? I guess it is sold out but I thought I would ask the question. :-D

Postby attombomb7 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:57 pm
hi Karen

just in case you can't find any..you should contact the paper before they recyle their copies as well! papers are usually kept one week..
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:10 pm
Thanks Fram that was interesting to hear about why they are blue and a bit about Peyo and his career path. I can't wait to hear about the Blue Imps part either...so happy for you Rach :D

I would love a copy too of this newspaper but I will stand in line and if anyone could organise one I could maybe make it up with a trade or something as it would be a nice collectors item and I would make sure it was well looked after for years to come.

Look forward to the next edition

Dyar
Postby saussard*be » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:39 am
hi everyone
last week I see on TV Thierry culliford the soon of peyo
he talk about him father,marchandising ....

and ....

they talk about 1 new movie of the smurf in 3D whit a big USA factory, maybe for 2006 !!!
we go waiting about it ....

now for passion normaly , 2 week befor passion ,1 belgian channel (RTL TVI) come to my home to make a reportage
when I have news I let you known

ps: go to my website WWW.SAUSSARD.BE
click on "paasion 2004"
on the top of this page is a ling "clip" RTBF
there you can see 1 or 2 minute of the reportage of RTBF national channel
in belgium
have a nice day
xavier
http://www.saussard.be
xaviersaussard@hotmail.com
XAVIER@SAUSSARD.BE

NO PASSION IN 2008