Home of the Smurf Community

The place for new members to introduce themselves
Page 1 of 2
Postby SmurfingH » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:10 am
Hello! :hiya: My name is Hilary and I'm a closet Smurf-a -holic! :) I collected Smurfs when I was a kid and have recently dug them out of the attic to get into them again. I was amazed to discover that there is a whole world out there dedicated to Smurfdom! :clap: Brilliant! I only gave up SMurfs in the first place because I thought I should grow up. Well, I'm 40 this year and I haven't grown up yet so I'm guessing there's no hope for me now! :lol:

Oh, and I should say, because they're watching me, that I live with 6 dogs, 2 greyhounds and 4 whippets, and have an extensive collection of sighthound collectables. At least smurfs are smaller and cheaper - usually! :D

I haven't catalogued my collection yet but here are some pics anyway.

All the vintage ones - I haven't got much further than shoving them in a cabinet where they're safe from the dogs:

Close up - hope you don't get bored!

My brother's collection that I'm hoping to appropriate ;) (with his permission!)

The same brother is getting married in Australia later this year and I can't go. :neutral: To cheer myself up I got these two:

Closely followed by this one because I liked her:

I've also spent more than I should on 6 from France so I hope they get here soon. :D

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:13 am
There are some duplicates of my smurfs in my brother's collection so I could be open to swapping some soon. :D

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:36 am
Hello Hilary, and :welcome: to the forum !

Great pictures :D You and your brother have some lovely stuff there, The New Zealand Rugby player is a good one to keep hold of, just get it off your brother first :winks: :) :)

You have some nice variations amongst them too ! :D

Looking forward to hearing more from you, you will enjoy it here, it does get crazy at times 8-) 8-)

:-D :beer:

Postby Tojo » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:36 am
Hi Hilary & :welcome: to the forum. First up, what an incredible collection you've got already - there are some very special smurfs in there :D

I hope you enjoy yourself here at the forum. There's a lot of silliness here but also an incredible amount of knowldege to be gained from our more serious collectors. In other words, if you want to know something then someone here is almost certain to have the answer.

:cheers:
tojo
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:42 am
:welcome: Hilary to this smurfy board!!!

I have been collecting smurfs for 25 years this year. :D
I think you have done great by dragging your wonderful smurf collection out and grace it in a wonderful display. :D (And no, I am not bored of seeing many smurfs.)
Btw. wouldn't it great, if your brother was also joining BlueCavern?

Postby FlamingO » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:54 am
Hi Hilary :hiya: Big :welcome: to the forum.
Lovely photos, you have a really nice collection there :-D Is that a red and white footballer I see? :)

Hope you have great fun here :D :cheerz:

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:58 am
:welcome: Hilary!
You have some very nice smurfs in your collection and I like the cabinet too. I hope you enjoy yourself around the forum :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby smurfer » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:58 am
:welcome:
Welcome Hilary !
Thank you for posting the pictures ! :D
I hope you have a smurfy time on Blue Cavern !! :-D

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:59 am
Thank you all for the warm smurfy welcome! I've spent a happy couple of hours smurfing the web to see what's out there. This could soon become an obsession, I can tell! :lol:

I did forget to include a photo of my computer smurf but then he sits on my computer table and not with the others. Mum and Dad brought him back from their travels for me last year, I think.

And yes I think the footballer is in a red and white strip. I'll check. :D

Postby Rachel » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:00 am
Hi Hilary, welcome aboard :welcome:

After reading your introduction, I am pretty much convinced you are going to fit in VERY well here. :-D

Apparently we did have someone grown up on here but that was a long time ago and I don't think we have anything to worry about now. As you have probably gathered by now, you are amongst friends. Most of us are already addicted to the little blue guys so there is absolutely no need to be a closet fan anymore and going on experience, it won't be long before you are badgering everyone you know (and possibly strangers) to see if they have any smurfs to give you. :lol:

You already have a fine collection, Thanks for the pics. Now all you have to do is pursuade your brother.................... :grinning:

Mind you, keep in his good books as he can then go looking for smurfy things in Australia for you. :)
Is that a red and white footballer I see?
LOL! I spotted that too Sue and yes, I believe it is the one we were disucssing. :)

PS. FAB dogs Hilary, I have just had a quick look at your site. :love:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby southernyacht » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:23 am
Hi Hilary

:welcome: :wave2:

Have a good time here!
Cathy x :cat:

Postby HollandSmurf » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:52 am
Welcome to the Smurf Forum!
I hope you are going to enjoy this.
Ingrid :hippy:

Postby smurfieduck » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:52 am
Hiya Hilary

Welcome to the forum!! You are going to have so much fun on here!! :-D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby Cassiebsg » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:55 am
Hey Hilary and welcome! :thumbsmurf:

Great collection you have there! And don't worry, you won't ever bother us by posting tons and tons of smurfy pics! Please do post them, love to look at "new" smurfs! :-D :-D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:40 pm
Apparently we did have someone grown up on here but that was a long time ago
A grown up? HERE? Rachel, maybe you were thinking of your cello forum....surely it wasn't this one :winks:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:37 pm
Thank you folks! I'm having so much fun already!! :)

My computer smurf:

I'll start another thread for the football ones. :D

Postby Dreaming In Blue » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:49 pm
Hi and Welcome! :hiya: You have a wonderful collection. Smurfs are VERY addicting. I believe your collection will grow quickly. Have fun! :)

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:59 pm
:welcome: Hilary

Love those pictures of your smurfs... :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SA Smurfette » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:37 am
:welcome: Hilary

Great collection :D

We never get sick of seeing Smurf pics 8)
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Rachel » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:07 pm
Apparently we did have someone grown up on here but that was a long time ago
A grown up? HERE? Rachel, maybe you were thinking of your cello forum....surely it wasn't this one :winks:
Yep, you are right Stace. Wrong forum. :)
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Page 1 of 2

Login