Home of the Smurf Community

The place for new members to introduce themselves
Page 1 of 1
Postby Chris McBrien » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:05 pm
I"m Chris, I used to be "sufismurf" on Pete's "mushroomvillage.com" forum years ago. I've still been silently collecting, especially of late, and discovered this forum...very COOL!
:-D

I've been collecting the little blue smurfs since 1976, my first was "gold smurf"..bought him at the counter of a JCPenney's in Davenport, IA (begged my mom, too "Pleaaaaaassssseeeee?" I remember it vividly!
And the Smurf bug bit!
So, I have lots of them (hundreds, actually!), some are close to 31 years old or older...some are just a few years old. Lots of the houses and lots of sets.
(although the Astro Rocket set still aludes me!) :x
Looking forward to "smurfing it up" here! You'll find I'm passionate about collecting, but pretty mellow.
Looking forward to hanging out! 8)

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:15 pm
:welcome: Chris,

It's exciting to have another smurfer from the US on board...and a long-time collector at that :-D

I hope you have lots of fun on here....and if you want to share pictures of your collections....well....we :smitten: pictures :cheers:

I think you know some of our members from Mushroom Village :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Chris McBrien » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:21 pm
:welcome: Chris,

I think you know some of our members from Mushroom Village :-D
Thanks for the warm welcome, Smurfysmurf!
I've been looking through the roster..I remember Rachel..I'm trying to look through and remember. I'm wondering if some have changed their user names like I have...
Anyway, if you remember me, well, here I am...again! Can't wait to make some new friends, reconnect with old friends and help when I can!
Keep Smurfin'!
Chris

Postby Pitufo » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:30 pm
Hi, Chris!!!Welcome aboard!!!!!!!Hope you like this site!!!!

By the way...it seems we have chosen the same avatar :) :) :) :)
JOAQUÍN

Postby SmurfingH » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:38 pm
Welcome aboard Chris. :welcome: I'd love to see photos of your collection too. :-D

Postby steveparkes » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:56 pm
Welcome to the board Chris, I remember you from mushroomvillage. Good to see you are still collecting :D
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby FlamingO » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:27 pm
Hi Chris :hiya:
Welcome to the Forum :welcome: Hope you have good fun here :-D
(although the Astro Rocket set still aludes me!)
Me too! :-( :) but maybe one day :fingers: :D

Postby smurfieduck » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:12 am
A warm smurfy hello to you, Chris!!!

Yes, some pics of your collection would be absolutely terrific - go on...get smurfin' with your camera!!!

:D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby Tojo » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:53 am
Hi Chris,

I think you'll find that quite a few of us are / were members of MV. I used to be until there was a big crash a few years ago & all the users disappeared. I was too lazy to re-register :???: :o That was the first forum that I found. I was very happy to find this forum & have learnt so much about smurfing here as well as making lots of friends at the same time :D I hope you enjoy yourself here too.

Like the others have said, I'd love to see some pictures of your collection :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Simon X » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:09 am
:welcome: to the board Chris!
I am sure you will spend a smurfy and nice time here! :-D

Postby smurfer » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:25 am
:welcome:
Welcome Chris !!
Have a Smurfy time here !! :-D
:cheers:

Postby Picaja » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:22 pm
Welcome aboard Chris!!!

:magic2:
:hiya: We Love Smurfs :-D

:naughtysmurf: Nance

Postby Chris McBrien » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:24 pm
Thanks for the warm welcome! I feel right at home!
Ok, now I've got to get some photos of my collection for all of you.
My schedule is CRAZY this week, by I'm hoping by Saturday afternoon to have some photos up for you.
My wife and I were talking about Smurfs last night. In fact, it was because my little boy, Noah (5) loves to watch Smurf reruns taped from Cartoon Network's "Boomerang" (I have at least 100 episodes on DVD now that I've gotten from very generous collectors over the last few years). ...
He was watching them and I was eating lunch in the living room at the same time with my wife. There's the episode with the fairies in which the Prince of the Fairies doesn't like Smurfs because they are "different" or "blue"..and to the Prince "Blue means 'bad'".
The entire episode is about getting along, seeing differences as gifts and how much more fun life is when we accept others for who they are and respect them as we would ourselves.
I started laughing and realized, as I specialize in Character Education in my School Shows, that I was influenced very, VERY early on by Smurfs in so many ways! Some of my scripting literally is almost exactly like Papa's!
And since it's on a level kids' can get...well, the similarities in the script in that particular episode to my own were almost SPOOKY!
My wife got a good laugh and teased me that I must have been subconsciously programmed by Smurfs!
The great part of it is that it IS amazing the lessons taught in nearly every episode...intertwining a clear, concise lesson that kid's can understand and entertaining them at the same time is NOT easy to do, it's a juggling act all it's own. It's wonderful how much work they put into the Smurfs cartoon to do both!
Made me appreciate the little blue guys even more!
Chris

Postby misszell » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:57 pm
my daughter loves the smurs too.....and i LOVE the messages they try to get through......sad that no cartoons do that in today's day and age.... :(

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:53 pm
Hi Chris

Welcome to the forum from me too :D

I am sorry this was so late in responding as I've been away for the past week and a half. I hope you like it around here.

Dyar

Postby Dreaming In Blue » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:27 pm
Hi :hiya: and welcome to the Forum!
~~Christine~~
Page 1 of 1

Login