Home of the Smurf Community

The place for new members to introduce themselves
Page 1 of 1
Postby sadiesmurf » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:13 am
I am totally new lol I stumbled upon this site while looking for some smurfs for my garden, we are purchasing a home in Florida that is blue and I thought it might be neat to add some smurfs lol I have fallen in love with some creations that some of you have made and I am truly happy to find this site. :-) I still can't find where to purchase smurfs for my garden lol if anyone can help I appreciate it. :-D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:40 am
:welcome: Sadie
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tintin » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:43 am
Hi

Welcome to this forum...... i am sure you will have a great time here.

What kind of smurfs are you looking for then ??
There are so many different ones.
Maybe you can look on ebay and then explain or post a picture here ....
then maybe one of us can tell you were you can buy this one for the best price..........

Tintin

Postby André » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:55 am
Welcome Sadie!!! :-D :cheers:

Smurfs love gardens and nature!!! :D :lol:
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby Benny » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:33 pm
Hi Sadie,

:welcome: on Bluecavern Board! :cheers:

Postby smurf68 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:48 pm
If you are looking for semi big ones like 12" or bigger for the garden then I wouldn't have a clue as I have never seen any large enough for in the garden. It is funny that you mention that though. I was just saying the same thing to my wife yesterday that I wish I could find a garden size smurf.

smurf68 :smurf:

Postby bwalters » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:28 am
Welcome Sadie. I am going to put a link to some Smurfs that would be prefect for the garden, however if these ever go up for sale. I doubt if you would put them in the garden if you get one somehow. http://www.flickr.com/photos/66715200@N02/
It's hard to judge how big they are. I think the very last pic will give you an idea. My guess 3 to 4 feet.
Mr Bill

Postby sadiesmurf » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:31 am
oooo those smurfs are sooo cute and they look like a decent size for my garden :) i emailed the person that posted the pics in hopes that he is selling it.

ok so i have another curious question lol I am a do it yourself person I can get pretty creative and after looking at some of these wonderful creations I would like to try and make some smurfs of my own, however I dont have a clue as to what material I need or even utensils to make the details look anywhere near realistic. if anyone can help me with that i greatly appreciate it. even if its like a tutorial on how to make a smurf with some pics would be AWESOME LOL (i am a visual person) :shock: lol I hope to get some pointers I am excited we close on our smurf looking house on oct 19th I will post pics soon of it :party:

Postby sadiesmurf » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:32 am
oooo those smurfs are sooo cute and they look like a decent size for my garden :) i emailed the person that posted the pics in hopes that he is selling it.

ok so i have another curious question lol I am a do it yourself person I can get pretty creative and after looking at some of these wonderful creations I would like to try and make some smurfs of my own, however I dont have a clue as to what material I need or even utensils to make the details look anywhere near realistic. if anyone can help me with that i greatly appreciate it. even if its like a tutorial on how to make a smurf with some pics would be AWESOME LOL (i am a visual person) :shock: lol I hope to get some pointers I am excited we close on our smurf looking house on oct 19th I will post pics soon of it :party:

Postby stampysmurf » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:29 am
Welcome to the forum Sadie!

Postby Tintin » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:51 am
Hi

Those look like the unicef smurfs to me.
Take 3 apples, put them on eachother and you got the size of the smurfs.
In 2008 all over Europe Unicef put smurfs on the streets for the children to dress them up.
I guess the smurfs on the picture are smurfs dressed up by some kids.

Tintin

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:06 pm
Sadie,
Staci made a few smurfs out of clay a few years ago....here is what she did after she got a few molds (which she found on ebay)

http://www.hiddeninthewoods.com/informa ... 3414709109

I am sure you could make your own smurfs for the garden out of clay as well...even without a mold :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Cassiebsg » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:45 pm
:welcome: to the forum Sadie! :) :)
Hope you can find/make you garden smurfs. I knows I'm looking forward to seeing them for one. :D
Good luck. :cheers:
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby bwalters » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:45 pm
Hi SadieSmurf; I don't know this for sure. But I know someone said those Smurfs sold at Auction. And if I remember correctly he missed that auction by about a week. I guess those figures could be 3 apples tall Frank. Take a look at the very last pic. It has a bunch of things that make me think they are bigger. Altho if all those items are for a doll house then you could be right.
Mr Bill

Postby Tintin » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:50 am
Hi Bill

I will take pictures of the Unicef and a pvc just to compare :-D
They would look nice into the garden, but were i live you don't have to try.
Or they will be gone or broke..................... :???:

Tintin

Postby Tintin » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:57 am
Hi

Here is a picture from a Unicef smurf next to a Schleich pvc papa..........
There not as big as you would expect, i think these are life-sized, like i wrote before 3 apples high.

Tintin
Attachments
unicef.jpg
unicef.jpg (86.14 KiB) Viewed 9360 times

Postby Tojo » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:16 am
Sadie,
Staci made a few smurfs out of clay a few years ago....here is what she did after she got a few molds (which she found on ebay)

http://www.hiddeninthewoods.com/informa ... 3414709109

I am sure you could make your own smurfs for the garden out of clay as well...even without a mold :-?
I'd forgotten all about those smurfs that Staci made. They are truly wonderful :-D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:56 pm
I still have a few unpainted sets left if anyone would like some :D
:dory: Staci :dory:
Page 1 of 1

Login