Home of the Smurf Community

The place for new members to introduce themselves
Page 1 of 3
Postby SpaceDr » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:40 am
Hi.
I have been collecting smurfs since Xmas 1974, when I was a small child and got my first smurfs as a Xmas gift. My parents had hide 21 smurfs in our house at Xmas-morning, and I "had" to find them. That was one of my best Xmas memories and I have been collecting them ever since. Until 2002 I got the smurfs just from visting toy stores i every new city I visited, but since the end of 2002 I got my smurfs from internet. I do not collect color variations since I them would get just too many.
Lateley I manage to get a few really rare smurfs that I just adore.
A few of my favorite ones are on the picture below

www.tp.umu.se/~norqvist/bilder/smurf.jpg

If anyone is interested to se the whole lot it is here.
www.tp.umu.se/~norqvist/bilder/smurf2.jpg
www.tp.umu.se/~norqvist/bilder/smurf3.jpg
www.tp.umu.se/~norqvist/bilder/smurf4.jpg
www.tp.umu.se/~norqvist/bilder/smurf5.jpg
www.tp.umu.se/~norqvist/bilder/smurf6.jpg
www.tp.umu.se/~norqvist/bilder/smurf7.jpg
www.tp.umu.se/~norqvist/bilder/smurf8.jpg

Postby Rachel » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:11 am
Hi SpaceDr, welcome aboard. :welcome:

It is lovely reading your story about how you started collecting. You parents hiding smurfs for you for Christmas was really a fabulous idea and must have been such fun as a kid. I think I will suggest this to my husband so he can hide some smurfs for me this Christmas. :-D

Thanks for showing us some of your collection, you have some very impressive smurfs. I especially love the tennis variation with the ball molded to the racquet and your collection of fake bullfighters, they are all on my wanted list. :love:

:wave2:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Bunno Smurf » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:23 am
Hi SpaceDr,

Nice to meet you. You've got some very nice smurfs there in your collection. :D
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Yonna » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:12 am
Welcome "neighbour"!! :welcome: It's nice to meet fellowcollectors from the Northern countries!

You have a massive collection. I especially envy one of the three extra rare Xmas smurfs you have!!! Can you tell me where you found it? :smile:

Enjoy your stay here!!
Go ahead! Smurf my day!

Postby SpaceDr » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:21 am
Welcome "neighbour"!! :welcome: It's nice to meet fellowcollectors from the Northern countries!

You have a massive collection. I especially envy one of the three extra rare Xmas smurfs you have!!! Can you tell me where you found it? :smile:

Enjoy your stay here!!
I got him on ebay! I never though I get him, just thought it was cool to bid on him. I think the guy with the auction made a big misstake using only german words in the discription so not many found the auction I guess, but that was good news for me. It was very expensive anyway, but it was a "one in a lifetime"-chance, and I have not regretted buying him, and will never sell him.

Postby SpaceDr » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:38 am
Hi SpaceDr, welcome aboard. :welcome:

It is lovely reading your story about how you started collecting. You parents hiding smurfs for you for Christmas was really a fabulous idea and must have been such fun as a kid.
:wave2:
They manage to find smurfs the next Xmas also, but after that I started to get my smurfs myself.
We (my sister and I) aways got one present in the morning to play with at Xmas, but the Xmas of 1974 and 1975 was the best presents I got!
Also this thing when I found one smurf, I asked if there was anyone else, and my parents replyed, "yes there are at least one more!"
I just wanted them to keep saying that, but eventually I of course found them all, and was told that "that's it!".

I still remember my parents telling me that they hid somethings in the house, and how glad I was seeing my very first smurf. I still remember exactly which 21 smurfs I got. (I do not remember exactly how many and exacly what smurfs I got in 1975.)

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:09 am
:welcome: to Blue Cavern, SpaceDr

I think you will like it here..We are a crazy bunch :cheers: .....Thanks for posting pictures of your collection...I agree with the others, you have some impressive smurfs in there :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby southernyacht » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:30 am
Welcome to the site SpaceDr :hiya:

Hope you have a good time here :D

Cathy x :cat:

Postby King Smurf » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:06 am
Hi Patrik

Welcome to the forum.
I am always glad to see other people’s collection especially when they present their rare pieces on the internet.
Your Christmas prototype is just magnificent. It is good to know who won this ebay auction some time ago.

Daniel
Please have a look at my little smurfy website:

http://www.schlumpfsammlung.kilu.de

Postby SpaceDr » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:37 am
Hi Patrik

Welcome to the forum.
I am always glad to see other people’s collection especially when they present their rare pieces on the internet.
Your Christmas prototype is just magnificent. It is good to know who won this ebay auction some time ago.

Daniel
I saw that you placed your "rare piece" between the two praying smurfs too! The bellringer is also great, I cannot understand why these smurfs never was produced. Do you know anyone else how own thoose rare smurfs? Is there anyone how has all three?

Postby SA Smurfette » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:08 am
:welcome: SpaceDr

Very impressive collection 8)

Thanks for showing us :D
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby FlamingO » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:23 am
Welcome to the forum SpaceDr :welcome: :wave2:

That is an awesome collection you have there :D - thanks for putting the links on.

Hope you enjoy it here :cheerz:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:00 am
Welcome SpaceDr

Always nice to see a new member on here and you have been collecting for longer than most of here so I hope you like it here and join in the fun of the forum.

Thanks for sharing your story with us

Dyar

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:40 am
Holy Mother of Smurf ! :shock:

That is a really impressive collection you have there ! :clap: :clap:

:welcome: to the forum and i hope you can enjoy it here ! :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Rachel » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:02 am
Hi Patrik, wow, I hadn't noticed the Christmas stocking smurf!! :shock: :worship:
Do you know anyone else how own thoose rare smurfs? Is there anyone how has all three?
I think a few members own some. I am not sure if anyone has all three. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby SpaceDr » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:25 am
Hi Patrik, wow, I hadn't noticed the Christmas stocking smurf!! :shock: :worship:

:D
I was a bit surprised that you did't mension him in the first email 8)

My second favorite is the dupuis Papa. I think that is a really rare smurf too. (Not at all as rare as the Chrismas stock, but quite rare.)
Since I am a space sientist the astrosmurfs, especially the one in a moon car is among my favoritets too.

Getting all three french pirate and all four spanish matadors was also great, as getting both the rare tennis smurfs. (With rackets of the material as the smurf.)

Postby SpaceDr » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:29 am
Thanks all for the nice comments of my collection. My friend thinks I am a bit nuts spending all the time and money looking for plastic toys. Nice to be able to show them for someone who gets impressed.

Postby SA Smurfette » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:45 am
Nice to be able to show them for someone who gets impressed.
Well you've come to the right place :D We all love seeing pics of peoples collections :D
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:49 am
Thanks all for the nice comments of my collection. My friend thinks I am a bit nuts spending all the time and money looking for plastic toys. Nice to be able to show them for someone who gets impressed.
Looking forward to hearing more from you Patrik, i am sure you will fit in well here ! :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Tojo » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:19 am
Hi SpaceDr :welcome:

I really like the photos of your collection. The corner shelves are an excellent idea - very cool 8)

Hope to see you around more often :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:
Page 1 of 3

Login