Home of the Smurf Community

The place for new members to introduce themselves
Page 1 of 1
Postby Rosie » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:16 pm
Hi Everyone,

My real name is Katharina and I just joined this group in the hopes that I will make many new friends whom have the same interest as I do. I grew up in Holland and immigrated to Canada as a child of 13 years old back in 1974. We already had Smurfs over there so I learned to love them right from the beginning of their existence.

I just recently started searching to buy Smurfs and already own about 200 of them. The neat part about collecting Smurfs is that they are relevantly inexpensive compared to a lot of other collectibles.

As well, I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and also love my Yorkies, Siamese cats, guinea pigs, and seahorses. Besides the obvious I also collect vintage Barbie and friends, Chatty Cathy dolls, and Baitz dolls.

Hoping to have many Smurfie years on this website . . .

Katharina (alias Rosie)

:D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:37 pm
:welcome: Katharina

it's a pleasure meeting you and wonderful that we have another collector from Canada on the forum :D

I am looking forward getting to learn about your collection and I have a feeling you will soon double or even triple the number of smurfs you have :) :) :)

Sounds like you have quite a few collections :D

I like your avator :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby eggie smurf » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:38 pm
:welcome: Rosie!
I am glad you found our forum and I hope you enjoy yourself here as we all do. Do you have any photos of your collection? Any questions, and we will try to answer them :smile:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby smurfieduck » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:22 pm
Hi

My name is Sharon and, like you, I am fairly new to the forum. I have been made to feel really, really welcome and I have already learnt quite a bit from other members about our little blue friends.

I hope you have fun on here and get to 'talk' to all the great people that visit the site.

I hope to catch you on here sometime.

Happy smurfing :-D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:22 am
Hello Rosie, and :welcome:

It is good you found us, and i am sure you will be made to feel at home here :D You have a great collection of smurfs already, and i am sure it will continue to grow ! It always does, the buying never ends ! :lol: :lol:

I find it hard when you collect different things, juggling what you will buy each week, do you ever think to yourself..i want that one, but i really need that one ? And money only allows one purchase ? I used to hate that, so i've cut my hobbies down now :relieved:

Have fun here, any questions about anything, just yell :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Pitufo » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:05 am
Hi, Rosie!!!!!Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!Hope you have a nice time here!!!!!!!This place is the best smurfy site to stay!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
JOAQUÍN

Postby Tojo » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:26 pm
Hi Rosie :cheers:

welcome aboard the bus to smurfdom :) This is a fantastic place to have fun, discuss new discoveries, learn about variations, complain about bad ebay sellers & to make lots of new friends :-D

I hope you enjoy yourself here & become an active member - the more the merrier. Do you have photos of your collection? We do like to see pictures here :D

:cheers:
tojo
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:10 pm
Hi Katharina

Welcome to the forum :hiya:

Dyar

Postby FlamingO » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:49 pm
Hi Rosie,

:welcome: to the forum, I'm sure you'll have lots of fun here :D

Do you have a favourite smurf in your collection?

Postby Rachel » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:04 am
Hi Katharina, welcome aboard. :welcome:

Lovely to hear you have been into smurfs for so long and that you already have a fine collection. We love seeing smurfs so if you would like to post some pics of your collection that would be great. :-D

Attom, one of our admin smurfs is also living in Canada but with Dutch origins too. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Postby Rosie » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:27 pm
Hi Everyone,

Thank you so very much for your warm welcome. Now lets see if I can answer some questions.

I don't have any pictures yet of my collection but will do so soon.

Some of the rarer ones that I have had the fortune of getting my hands on so far are the Smurf holding the little piggy, wreath, sitting on a candy cane, lots of different kind of Astros, the moonset, the windmill with the green roof, etc. I can't believe how many I already own!!!

As someone said, this is such a neat collection compared to others which are more expensive. With some of my other stuff costing as much as $4,000 per doll and me paying her off in six months or so, this is such a fresh breath of air. Heck, you can afford to buy a cheaper smurf anytime compared to some other collectibles. Of course there are the more expensive ones as well but in comparison, still cheap.

With a new movie coming out in 2008, do you think that this will bring up the prices? I'm curious . . .

I picked Smurfette with the long blond hair and pink nightie because she looks the closest like me. I may be just a tad bit heaver and older but hey, a girl can have dreams . . . (I do have long blonde hair though!)

Katharina

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:17 pm
Hi Rosie, welcome. Sounds like you have a great collection of your little blue Smurfies. Looking forward to seeing some pics of them.

Smurfy regards,
Steve. :D

Postby SA Smurfette » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:10 pm
:welcome: Katharina

Sounds like you have some lovely smurfs in your collection 8)

I hope you have a good time here :D
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:03 am
:welcome: Katharina to the smurfiest place around!!! :D

Great to see another long-time collector. :-D You seem to have a stunning collection. :D I'm looking forward to seeing your smurfs.

D.

Postby southernyacht » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:09 am
Hi Rosie :wave2:

Nice to meet you - hope you have a good time here. :D
Cathy x :cat:
Page 1 of 1

Login