Home of the Smurf Community

The place for new members to introduce themselves
Page 4 of 5

Postby Tojo » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:56 am
I like them too although Sassette does look seriously weird :) :)

I think I'd have to put my rating as

1) alcohol - in particular beer
2) unwin smurfs
3) peanut butter

I like all 3 but I prefer smurfs, no matter which, to peanut butter :)
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:56 pm
Ahhhh....but what if we add mustard onto the list instead of peanut butter Tojo?

Mustard smurf glasses could cause a conflict......to the Irwin Smurfs of course. I know beer would still be number 1

Dyar

Postby Tojo » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Hmmmm. I prefer the taste of peanut butter to mustard when I'm really honest. Although mustard is better than peanut butter if you want to dip a sausage in something.

What would be ideal would be to have smurfs on the peanut butter jars instead of on the mustard ones.

Then it'd be

1) alcohol
2) peanut butter
3) unwins

it's not gonna happen though....

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:48 am
I think Dyar would faint if he saw smurfs on a peanut butter jar :sofunny:

and it might happen....you never know....we might even get smurfs dipped in peanut butter :sofunny:

at least in the United States of Peanut Butter :) :) :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby HollandSmurf » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:18 pm
Alcohol, are you talking by Alcohol? Yeah Yeah! :-D :cheers: :beer: :worship:
Ingrid :hippy:

Postby DrunkSmurf » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:01 pm
Alcohol, are you talking by Alcohol? Yeah Yeah! :-D :cheers: :beer: :worship:
Yes! Fosters beer, Dyar's number one personal favorite. :o :o

In case anyone has forgotten: in the USA, Fosters is a premium brew!

There's also a beer from the Netherlands right now making the rounds at all the chic clubs in New York at US $10 / pint that according to the newspaper is leaving the locals in Europe in stitches because it is such a cheap beer in Europe.

Marketing is weird. Overseas, I think Budweiser usually gets passed off as a beer for "gentlemen of discerning taste" while over here it is safely written off as being the same as sex in a canoe.

Also, over here, all our German beer is bad. Like Weichenstiel, or something like that. It's everywhere, but none of it has any flavor. I guess they don't want it in Germany so they send it here???? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?

Postby DrunkSmurf » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:10 pm
I think Dyar would faint if he saw smurfs on a peanut butter jar :sofunny:

and it might happen....you never know....we might even get smurfs dipped in peanut butter :sofunny:

at least in the United States of Peanut Butter :) :) :)
I didn't used to like peanut butter.

Then I tried it and realized it was the greatest thing ever made in the world.

Peanut butter and jam is disgusting though. I will never be able to lose the image of my childhood friend dribbling jam down his cheek from a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

And finally: Mrs. Drunksmurf can't pronounce peanut--she pronounces the T like an S. So, guys, you can ask her about her favorite snack, but don't get too excited when you hear the answer.

Postby Tojo » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:02 am
Also, over here, all our German beer is bad. Like Weichenstiel, or something like that. It's everywhere, but none of it has any flavor. I guess they don't want it in Germany so they send it here???? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
That's the same case with German wine. You'd never find a German drinking Liebfraumilch. Not in a million years.

When I was in Ireland last year the trendy locals were all drinking Belgian beer (Leffe) & German wheat beer & paying horrendous amounts for it!! It would have been cheaper to fly with Ryan Air to Germany or Belgium & to drink the beer there :beer: :) What a strange world we live in...

Postby paolo » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:48 am
Like Italian pasta!
When I was in the US boxes of Italian pasta were sold at prices 10 times higher than here! (It has to be due to import costs).

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:27 am
Everything is expensive down here cos we have to import a lot of stuff.

Fosters is very cheap though......which is great, if you like that type of thing

Dyar

Postby DrunkSmurf » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:36 pm
That's the same case with German wine. You'd never find a German drinking Liebfraumilch. Not in a million years.

When I was in Ireland last year the trendy locals were all drinking Belgian beer (Leffe) & German wheat beer & paying horrendous amounts for it!! It would have been cheaper to fly with Ryan Air to Germany or Belgium & to drink the beer there :beer: :) What a strange world we live in...
I was wondering about Liebfraumilch. It's sells for around $3.50 here ("real" wine is $7 and up) and is so mild that it doesn't have enough flavor to be bad. Ergo, it's actually a safe bet when buying cheap wine!

Mildly alcoholic kool-aid.

Leffe might be the stuff selling in New York for rip-off prices.

Postby DrunkSmurf » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:43 pm
Like Italian pasta!
When I was in the US boxes of Italian pasta were sold at prices 10 times higher than here! (It has to be due to import costs).
Our pasta is more expensive because the manufacturers have to x-ray it for terrorists.

Like the terrorists the Chicago O'Hare security grunts thought were hiding in my child's sweater ("YOU HAVE TO WAKE THE CHILD AND TAKE THE SWEATER OFF!!! AND FOLD THE STROLLER UP AND PUT IT ON THE CONVEYOR BELT!!! ACTUALLY WE'RE NOT SEARCHING FOR TERRORISTS, BUT FOR DRUGS BUT NOBODY WOULD HAVE SUPPORTED THE CREATION OF THE TSA IF WE TOLD YOU IT WAS AS MUCH ABOUT DRUGS AS ABOUT TERRORISM!!!")

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:24 pm
It's a shame things have to be that way isn't it Tim?

I came across some militant type of security at airports that had them yelling at me for some stupid reason including going through about 6 security checks when I first entered the US at Philly airport......I think I looked too happy to be there or something.......that and for the fact I had no idea where I was staying :) :) :o :-?

I hate being yelled at in such harsh ways when they could of simply asked me and I would of done whatever ridiculous thing they wanted.....not being deaf might of helped.....both them and then me after being yelled at.

I still love the day that the Vegemite went through the x-ray and caused all types of chaos. Just saying it's only Vegemite doesn't help American folk. The looks you get when you say that stuff is edible. :) Still it made it past security (just) and luckily for everyone the Vegemite didn't explode and threaten everyone's lives.....unlike at least 1 American after trying a tiny bit of it. I am still not forgiven me thinks.

Dyar

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:39 pm
It can get a bit ridiculous at the airports :) :)

The last time I entered the States, I think the female passport officer wanted to punish me for the cute guy in front of me who dared to smile at her...When I (a bit proudly) gave her my American passport (first time I entered the STates as a citizen) she looked at it and the questions started ...

"Why do you come to the States?"
"I live here"
"Where do you live"
"Dunlap, Tennessee"
"How long have you lived there"
"10 years"
"Do you work?"
"Yes, I work in chattanooga"
"Where do you work?"
" I work for...."
"How long have you worked there?"
"7 years"

and so on and on and on ( and I didn't have bags full of smurfs like some other people have when they come to the States from Europe)

I couldn't believe it and at the end I felt like whining "Can I just go home?????? I have been in the air for 10 hours and have another 2 hours ahead of me...I wanna go home"...... :) :) I laugh now, but was a bit aggravated at the time....I think the next time I come thru another airport

oh and Dyar, you should be eternally grateful, that you were able to leave the vegemite in Tennessee :-D ...might be the only way you will ever be forgiven :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:47 pm
I couldn't believe it and at the end I felt like whining "Can I just go home?????? I have been in the air for 10 hours and have another 2 hours ahead of me...I wanna go home"...... :) :) I laugh now, but was a bit aggravated at the time.
I know how that feels Moey....I know I lost my sense of humour. Luckily I had bags full of smurfs so when they went through all of my stuff they kind of figured a smurf collector wasn't going to be a national risk to the United States. :) :)

Dyar

Postby Tojo » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:32 am
I've flown quite a lot & apart from with the US airport security guards at JFK I've never had any problems :angry: I mean, if they don't want people to visit their country why do they allow planes to land then?? :o Bongo brains :banghead: :banghead:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:20 am
I mean, if they don't want people to visit their country why do they allow planes to land then?? :o Bongo brains :banghead: :banghead:
:) :) ....but who would they get to be mean to and act all important to if us poor lambs (expecting a friendly welcome) weren't arriving each day.

Christy and her Mum did the impossible by fitting almost all of the smurfs I found in Belgium into my bags and the stoopid people go through it all and muck it all up......I was nearly gonna ask Mum & Christy to come over to the US just so she could help me again as I never have any idea how they get everything into my bags......some kind of Belgian Witchcraft me thinks.......no wonder I behave myself so well over there :scratchinghead: (times when drinking Duvel excluded) :beer:

Dyar

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:18 am
(times when drinking Duvel excluded) :beer:
Maybe the witchcraft is IN the Duvel :eek:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby HollandSmurf » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:28 pm
My worst nightmare! My dad was working on the room of my parents and he was hanging some decorationg on the wall, but he was a little bit to strong, because, in the room where my smurfs standing in a display, they all lay out at the floor.. he had smashed a little bit to hard on the nail.. :angry: Now I have to set them all back in to the display.. :( :banghead:

Postby HollandSmurf » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:30 pm
I have made a new website about smurfs.
He is under construction.
Here is the link: www.webklik.nl/hollandsmurf
Page 4 of 5

Login