Home of the Smurf Community

Contests, quizzes and smurf games.
Page 1 of 2
Postby eggie smurf » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:07 pm
:ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree:
Welcome to the "Christmas Edition" of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy this entire post and paste into a new post. Change all the answers so they apply to you. It's the season to be cheerful!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!
:ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree::ctree:

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper - my favorite thing about Christmas is wrapping gifts!

2. Tree--Real or Artificial? Artificial - I'm unfortunately allergic to pine

3. When do you put Xmas tree up? Two weeks before

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually January 2

5. Like eggnog? I don't think I've ever tried it

6. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, only because it was too cute to not buy

7. Favorite gift received as a child? I should say smurfs lol but I have to say my first bike

8. Hardest person to buy for? Mom

9. Easiest person to buy for? ME!

10. Worst Xmas gift? Some unidentifiable handmade doohickey that to this day I have no idea what it was supposed to be :-?

11. Mail or email a Xmas Card? Mail, if I get around to it

12. Favorite Xmas movie? "A Christmas Story"

13. When do you start shopping for Xmas? Normally, the week before or if it snows...the malls are empty when it snows :smile:

14. Have you ever recycled a Xmas present? Not that I know of :o

15. Favorite food to eat on Xmas? Mom-Mom's Lace Cookies

16. Colored or clear lights? Both!

17. Favorite Xmas Song? "All I want for Christmas is an elephant" by Goofy

18. Travel during Xmas or Stay home? Stay home unless I have an offer I can't refuse

19. Angel or Star on Tree top? Star :star:

20. Open presents on Xmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve since I was about 8 or 9 (My mom could never wait to open her gifts!)

21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Crowded shops full of ignorant people

:snowman: :rednose: :xmasgift: :snowman: :rednose: :xmasgift: :snowman: :rednose: :xmasgift: :snowman: :rednose: :xmasgift: :snowman: :rednose: :xmasgift: :snowman: :rednose: :xmasgift: :snowman: :rednose: :xmasgift: :snowman: :rednose: :xmasgift:

Postby smurfieduck » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:43 pm
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper - my favorite thing about Christmas is wrapping gifts! Ditto!!!!

2. Tree--Real or Artificial? Either :ctree: :ctree:

3. When do you put Xmas tree up? One or two weeks before

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually January 5 or 6

5. Like eggnog? I don't think I've ever tried it Ditto!!!

6. Do you have a nativity scene? No

7. Favorite gift received as a child? Not really sure :-? I will go for first bike like Fishface but I know that there were loads of pressies that I loved. I remember getting a Beano annual from my Nan and I adored that!!! :xmas3:

8. Hardest person to buy for? No one really!! I just love ambling around the shops and having a good look at all the possible gifts for people. :-D

9. Easiest person to buy for? Everyone!!! Oh, and ME!!! :lol: :)

10. Worst Xmas gift? A awful handmade wooden box. I hated it!! :!: :yikes: :rolling:

11. Mail or email a Xmas Card? Both. Though, I do like to send Xmas cards and receive them as well.

12. Favorite Xmas movie? Scrooge; Wizard of Oz; and loads more!!!

13. When do you start shopping for Xmas? As soon as December is here. :xmas2: I love it!!

14. Have you ever recycled a Xmas present? No, I don't think so.

15. Favorite food to eat on Xmas? Christmas dinner - veggie version!! Xmas cake and pudding. Oh, what the heck - all of it!!! ;-)

17. Favorite Xmas Song? Anything that's sang by the Smurfs - I have a couple of the smurfie Xmas CDs. :band: :lalala:

18. Travel during Xmas or Stay home? Stay home unless I have an offer I can't refuse Ditto!!!

19. Angel or Star on Tree top? Star Ditto!!!!

20. Open presents on Xmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning. :xmas3:

21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Crowded shops full of ignorant people - I have got to agree with this, Fishy! :x

:xmas2: :rudolph: :snowdance: :ctree: :snowman: :streamer: :xmas3: :snowdance: :ctree: :xmas3:

:papasmurf:
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby FlamingO » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:56 pm
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper

2. Tree--Real or Artificial? Artificial

3. When do you put Xmas tree up? Sometime first week Dec.

4. When do you take the tree down? As soon as poss. after Xmas. I like to get house straight again.

5. Like eggnog? Never met him. :-?

7. Favorite gift received as a child? Large plastic smurf with records in his back :-D

8. Hardest person to buy for? Uncle

9. Easiest person to buy for? Mum

10. Worst Xmas gift? Nothing comes to mind.

11. Mail or email a Xmas Card? Mail

12. Favorite Xmas movie? Scrooged :)

13. When do you start shopping for Xmas? Hopefully next week :fingers:

14. Have you ever recycled a Xmas present? No.

15. Favorite food to eat on Xmas? Whatever is cooked for me - I'm not choosey with food (oh again, as long as its meat/ fish free) :cheers:

16. Colored or clear lights? Flashing colours that hypnotize you :cool:

17. Favorite Xmas Song? Little Drummer Boy and the intro. of that Run DMC one . Oh, and Walking in the Air :) and every christmas carol ever :?

18. Travel during Xmas or Stay home? Usually travel - I don't/ can't/ won't cook :oops:

19. Angel or Star on Tree top? Star

20. Open presents on Xmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.

21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Trying to Park the car near any shops :x

Postby SA Smurfette » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:03 pm

2. Tree--Real or Artificial? Artificial - I don't think many people in Australia have real Trees

3. When do you put Xmas tree up? First Saturday in December

4. When do you take the tree down? End of the first week of January

5. Like eggnog? Never tried it
6. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, Kristy got it last year from Cheap as Chips :)

7. Favorite gift received as a child? A pram and Bassinet for my dolls

8. Hardest person to buy for? My partner

9. Easiest person to buy for? Kristy ( my daughter)

10. Worst Xmas gift? I can't think of anything :-?

11. Mail or email a Xmas Card? Mail, if I get around to it

12. Favorite Xmas movie? National Lampoons Christmas Vacation- Still find it funny every year :-D

13. When do you start shopping for Xmas? Usually November, but majority of it 2 weeks before Christmas

14. Have you ever recycled a Xmas present? No

15. Favorite food to eat on Xmas? Plum pudding

17. Favorite Xmas Song? Lots of different Carols

18. Travel during Xmas or Stay home? Stay home

19. Angel or Star on Tree top? Angel

20. Open presents on Xmas Eve or morning? Usually open one Christmas eve and the rest Christmas morning

21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Crowded shops and not enough parking space ! :banghead:
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:08 pm
I don't think many people in Australia have real Trees
Wow, it's the opposite here. Everyone in America has real trees and really frown on the artificial ones :)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby SA Smurfette » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:09 pm
I could be wrong :-D I just haven't seen any, I wouldn't know where they grow either :-? :lol:
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:44 pm
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper - my favorite thing about Christmas is wrapping gifts! and unwrapping them

2. Tree--Real or Artificial? Artificial now...but used to have real ones (really America frowns on artificial ones????not in the South, everybody has an artificial one down here :-? I love the smell of a real one though and wish I could afford one each year

3. When do you put Xmas tree up? Usually it is up by now...but not this year

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually January 2 or sooner

5. Like eggnog? yeah it's ok...not my favorite though

6. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, one of the leftovers from my childhood that I had to bring with me from Germany..it's been in my family for as long as I remember and was made from real Olive tree wood from Israel...very simple looking but I love it :-D

7. Favorite gift received as a child? Don't think I ever received smurfs for Christmas....I think it was the guitar when I was a teenager that I really loved

8. Hardest person to buy for? Granny

9. Easiest person to buy for? smurf collectors lol!

10. Worst Xmas gift? can't remember..really I can't

11. Mail or email a Xmas Card? Mail, more personal and I love receiving them..actually I keep them all

12. Favorite Xmas movie? "It's a wonderful life"

13. When do you start shopping for Xmas? November, I hate the Christmas crowd

14. Have you ever recycled a Xmas present? :oops:

15. Favorite food to eat on Xmas? Granny's Potato Salad and Saiten Würstle

17. Favorite Xmas Song? "In a little town called Bethlehem" (at least I think that's the name of the hymn :-? )"

18. Travel during Xmas or Stay home? depends...

20. Open presents on Xmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve one of the German traditions I won't give up

21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? traffic which makes my drive home 2 hours long instead of 1 hour
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:32 pm
2. Tree--Real or Artificial? Artificial now...but used to have real ones (really America frowns on artificial ones????not in the South, everybody has an artificial one down here :-? I love the smell of a real one though and wish I could afford one each year
You know what, maybe it's just a cold thing....the South and Australia are both hot at Christmas so maybe pines just die or wilt in the heat :-? Live or cut trees are a huge thing around these parts then :D
Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:40 am
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper....although my wrappiung skills are atrocious......I'm ok at opening them though

2. Tree--Real or Artificial? Real - it isn't Christmas unless it's as hot as hell with the smell of pine in the air

4. When do you take the tree down? When I feel like it :) but usually around 2nd of January

5. Like eggnog? I don't think I've ever tried it....me either Fishy

6. Do you have a nativity scene?
i used to have one as a kid as Mum would always yell at me for putting Santa Smurf in the scene.....but I kept doing it just to get a rise out of her

7. Favorite gift received as a child? My bike when I was 11 and music albums when I was 12......that I had already listened to when Mum went out

8. Hardest person to buy for? xxxxx

9. Easiest person to buy for? ME!....me too Fishy.....but Jack is so easy to spoil and smurf collectors aren't too hard to buy for either

10. Worst Xmas gift? socks and undies

11. Mail or email a Xmas Card? Definately mail

12. Favorite Xmas movie? "A Christmas Story"....I also love this movie and have ever since 1985

13. When do you start shopping for Xmas? usually the day before :) due to work being so busy in the lead up to Christmas....however I do buy gifts along the way even months before to gurantee I have some good stuff as insurance

14. Have you ever recycled a Xmas present? Nope....anything given to me tends to stay with me

15. Favorite food to eat on Xmas? red sugar peanuts....I love em

16. Colored or clear lights? Coloured

17. Favorite Xmas Song? "How To Make Gravy" by Paul Kelly. It teels the story of a prisoner writing a Christmas letter to his brother...also "Please Come Home For Christmas" by Jon Bon Jovi

18. Travel during Xmas or Stay home? Travel cos I would love to see a winter Christmas someday

19. Angel or Star on Tree top? definately a star.....like Kate Beckinsale perhaps

20. Open presents on Xmas Eve or morning? Always on Christmas morning......and always just after Jack has jumped on top of me to wake me up, so he can open them

21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Not much for me...the sun is shining and very warm....we have the Christmas holidays for weeks while the office closes.......there is nothing bad for me except maybe seeing relatives....which won't happen this year :winks:

Dyar

Postby steveparkes » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:54 am
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper - you can't do nice ribbon and bows with gift bags :)

2. Tree--Real or Artificial? Artificial - I'm unfortunately allergic to pine too Staci

3. When do you put Xmas tree up? 1st December

4. When do you take the tree down? Early January

5. Like eggnog? I'm not allowed anything with egg in it on account of my cholesterol

7. Favorite gift received as a child? My smurfs and star wars figures (both of which I am collecting again now)

8. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad

9. Easiest person to buy for?My nephew & Nieces

10. Worst Xmas gift? I really can't think of one

11. Mail or email a Xmas Card? Mail, but I'm hopeless at getting round to posting things (sorry)

12. Favorite Xmas movie? The Snowman/A Christmas Carol

13. When do you start shopping for Xmas? Usually I am really late at shopping, but this year I've already finished

15. Favorite food to eat on Xmas? Everything :)

16. Colored or clear lights? Both, and lots of them (only inside)..I hate all those tacky houses (sorry)

17. Favorite Xmas Song? Good King Wenslas (anyone who has a feast of Stephen is good in my book), but two songs that really remind me of christmas as a kid were Can you stop the cavalry and last christmas

18. Travel during Xmas or Stay home? I am usually in London for Xmas and New Year, but go home to Notts inbetween

20. Open presents on Xmas Eve or morning? Christmas Morning..and no peeking!

21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Everything being out of stock :???:
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:02 am
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both, depending on present and who it is for :D

3. When do you put Xmas tree up? First saturday in December

4. When do you take the tree down? January 2 too

5. Like eggnog? :-P

6. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope

7. Favorite gift received as a child? A seaport, with cargo ships and trucks and a crane ! It was very hard to find, but my dad never gave up till he found me one, i was about 10 at the time :D

8. Hardest person to buy for? Mrs B, an absolute nightmare :banghead:

9. Easiest person to buy for? ME ! Definately :) :)

10. Worst Xmas gift? I got driving gloves once :eek:

11. Mail or email a Xmas Card? Mail, if I can :???:

12. Favorite Xmas movie? So many........Elf is my favourite at the moment :D

13. When do you start shopping for Xmas ? Around September, even tho it was August this year :shock:

15. Favorite food to eat on Xmas? Mince pies...gammon, turkey.......

16. Colored or clear lights? Both usually

17. Favorite Xmas Song? So many again...

18. Travel during Xmas or Stay home? Stay home, sometimes have to work on boxing day.

19. Angel or Star on Tree top? Angel

20. Open presents on Xmas Eve or morning? Morning

21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Being a bus driver, traffic jams, and bus stops full of idiots with shopping bags and prams full of bags they know won't fit on, so they take it all off, and you have to wait......... :angry: :banghead: :x :) :)

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:42 am
2. Tree--Real or Artificial? Artificial. We had real trees several times, but we can't afford buying them each and every year.

4. When do you take the tree down? January 6
5. Like eggnog? No
6. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes

7. Favorite gift received as a child? Smurfs
8. Hardest person to buy for? Mom and dad

9. Easiest person to buy for? Manni

10. Worst Xmas gift? Coca cola truck by someone who used to be a friend of mine for five years. Then I insisted on her returning me my cds back after nine months (!!!), she sent me a mail saying, she felt that we should not be friends anymore. :(

12. Favorite Xmas movie?
"Tři oříšky pro Popelku" (meaning "Three hazelnuts for Cinderella" in Czech). For my parents are of Czech decent, I grew up watching Czech fairytale adaptions and series. Especially this Cinderella adaption, originally writen by Božena Němcová, is one of a kind. If you haven't seen it, you should give it a go. For more information about the film, check out either wikipedia or the fansite given below:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%C5%99i_o ... ro_Popelku
http://www.dreihaselnuessefueraschenbroedel.de/ (German fansite)
http://www.dreihaselnuessefueraschenbro ... /index.htm (English version)
If you are interested in getting hold of a copy, you may find it at amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Three-Wishes-Cind ... _v_title_1
http://www.amazon.de/Haseln%C3%BCsse-As ... bs_d_img_1

13. When do you start shopping for Xmas? Pressies: Asap I notice something, which my parents or my friends would cherish for a reasonable price. I start shopping for food and drinks four weeks before Christmas.
14. Have you ever recycled a Xmas present? Swapped the truck, since it only remembered me of an annoying person. (see 10.)
15. Favorite food to eat on Xmas? The same procedure as every year: homemade pea soup, sole with potato salad and some special ice-cream and karamalz :cheers:
16. Colored or clear lights? Clear
17. Favorite Xmas Song? Now that is quite a difficult task. I use to listen to some Xmas pop songs, incl. "Last Christmas" by Wham the weeks before Xmas Eve. On Xmas eve, I listen to a Mahalia Jackson cd. But since I am a fan of Alicia Keys, I have to say that my favorite song is her version of "Little drummer boy" called "Little drummer girl". I wish, I had the John Legend NBC promo cd, that would be my #2 then.
18. Travel during Xmas or Stay home? Stay home, hanging around with my family and my friends.

20. Open presents on Xmas Eve or morning? Xmas Eve
21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Crowded shops full of ignorant people

Postby HollandSmurf » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:36 am

3. When do you put Xmas tree up? One week before Christmas

4. When do you take the tree down? With Newyear

5. Like eggnog? No

7. Favorite gift received as a child? My drums

8. Hardest person to buy for? Dad

9. Easiest person to buy for? Friend

10. Worst Xmas gift? Underpants

12. Favorite Xmas movie? I don’t like Xmas movies

13. When do you start shopping for Xmas? 2 weeks before

15. Favorite food to eat on Xmas? Cake and pie

16. Colored or clear lights? Clear lights, colored make me dizzy

17. Favorite Xmas Song? Last Chirstmas

18. Travel during Xmas or Stay home? Stay home with friends

20. Open presents on Xmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning

21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The kisses of my family
:xmas:
Ingrid :hippy:
Postby XoioX2000 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:09 am
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper - Hate doing it, but love to see the kiddies opening them...

2. Tree--Real or Artificial? Artificial - Love the smell of real trees... but we've had an artificial one for years now... use it every year, does that make us greener or is it worse because we don't support "local business"... you decide

3. When do you put Xmas tree up? Kids start hasling usually mid November... so 1st December is normally the night

4. When do you take the tree down? What is it, 6 nights after something brings you to the 6th January... Something like that...

5. Like eggnog? I don't think I've ever tried it <- Eggie said that !!! :):) Guess what, same here!

6. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes... used to have a huge one at my mum & dads: The ceramic figures were made not far from where we lived (Santon de Provence) and I used to be the best bit I liked about Xmas at my parents! (could it be why I love Smurfs????)

7. Favorite gift received as a child? Playmobil Pirate Ship! (Never had any Smufs for Xmas!)

8. Hardest person to buy for? Wife

9. Easiest person to buy for? Yeap that's me! I know exactly what I want! Every year! :):):)

10. Worst Xmas gift? Hmmm... Sleepers...

11. Mail or email a Xmas Card? eMail, if I get around to it :):):) (Sorry could resist)

12. Favorite Xmas movie? Apocalypse Now

13. When do you start shopping for Xmas? 24th... although this year Mrs Dragin said, we're going "today" (for real!)

14. Have you ever recycled a Xmas present? Yes I admit... That's it if you count bottles of wine...

15. Favorite food to eat on Xmas? White pudding!

16. Colored or clear lights? Blue ones! :):)

17. Favorite Xmas Song? Jingle bells!

18. Travel during Xmas or Stay home? Ususally stay home

20. Open presents on Xmas Eve or morning? Morning... ususally as soon as we hear "some little dragon" shouting: "He's been"!!!, He's been!!!!!"

21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Lack of snow... and people get surprinsgly grumpy and stressed... unlike me of course... I never moan...

Bah bah humbug!
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:19 am
Great answers Dragon :) :)

:-D :beer:
Postby eggie smurf » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:34 am
12. Favorite Xmas movie? Apocalypse Now
Hmmm I don't recall thinking Christmas when I watched this movie some 20 years ago :) :) Might explain a bit about ya, Dragon :winks:

Postby FlamingO » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:45 pm
If your having 'Apocalypse Now' Dragon then I might change mine to 'Towering Inferno' :-D :)

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:47 pm
I watched Towering Inferno the other day Sue.........again :) :)

Postby FlamingO » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:50 pm
Graham, you watched it already :yikes: that is like opening a present before christmas day :sad: :) :) oh, the good old tv repeats (why do I always miss a goal when I'm typing here - have spurs just scored ? - better dash) :) :)

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:40 pm
:haha:

Sorry Sue ! It is one of those films that draws you in :) :)

Page 1 of 2

Login