Home of the Smurf Community

Contests, quizzes and smurf games.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:00 am
The infamous rock band Led Zeppelin are to team up with the popular TV characters, The Smurfs, to record a one-off Christmas album. The album is to be recorded in a helium filled studio to maintain the classic Smurf high pitched voice effect.

Father Abraham, Smurfmeister extraordinaire, has teamed up with Robert Plant on lead vocals. Jimmy Page will be performing a harmony guitar part with Farmer Smurf. Papa Smurf will be replacing the deceased John Bonham on drums, John Paul Jones will be playing keyboard and Harmony Smurf on Bass.

Some of the tracks from the album include:

Dazed And Compressed
Blue Dog
Whole Lotta Helium
Going To Smurf-a-fornia
Bad Times, Bad Times

Special precautions have been put in place to prevent evil wizard Gargamel from boycotting the recording by using his black magic to unplug the amplifiers.

Jimmy Page comments on the whole affair: "I think this recording is going to be really good for our reputation and it will bring Led Zeppelin back into the charts with a high octave kick"

The story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious.
(found on thespoof.com)

Postby Tojo » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:08 am
:) :)

That would've possibly been the worst Xmas record ever :)

They could have sung 'The smurf remains the same' too :) And 'In my time of smurfing'
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:35 am
Imagine it.............. :yikes:

:) :)

:-D :beer:

Postby Chris McBrien » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:14 pm
:eek:
:shock:
:)

It's weird, but it's funny.
Somehow I think Led Zeppelin would think they were way too cool for Smurfs...but we know differently! :-D

Postby SmurfingH » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:43 pm
That would have been fun if they'd done it! :)

Postby Cassiebsg » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:09 am
A studio filled with hellium! :shock:
I seem to remember hearing/reading that hellium shouldn't be inhalled for long periods of time, as the human body is designed to breath oxigen... wouldn't that mean that they're putting their health, maybe even life, on the risk? :eek: :scratchinghead:
There are those who believe that life here began out there...
Page 1 of 1

Login