Home of the Smurf Community

Find all the news and rumours about the Smurf movie here
Page 4 of 4

Postby bradley » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:28 am
The movie was officially released here yesterday so I plan to go see it again this weekend sometime. Surprised I have not seen any bus stop posters for the smurfs. I have seen some buses with the smurfs on but haven't been quick enough to take a photo with my camera... and its hard while driving to do that also, heh.

Postby bwalters » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:37 am
Max's opinion about the movie is Woof, Woof, Woof, Woof. I can't even watch the movie. He has found Azrael and Elway. Barks almost the whole movie.
Mr Bill

Postby Chris McBrien » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:44 pm
I never got the chance to see the film in the cinema, so I bought a copy when it came out, and loved it! I'm glad they made them look more "real" and really enjoyed how they tied in the history of the smurfs with Peyo. I didn't mind Gutsy so much, probably because I'm part Scottish so I'm biased. The haggis line made me laugh out loud as I've eaten this dish before and I know most think it's repulsive (it's great with a cold Guinness, BTW). I liked Gargamel in it as he really added an impetus in the film and I do hope they spend more time in the village next time. I think they could do without going back to a modern city and spend more time in their own time (although the film never really makes it clear what time it is in their own village). Would love to see Homnibus and Johan and Peewit and even Hogitha...and maybe even Bigmouth!
Hope everyone here has been doing well. Happy Holidays!
Chris
"To Smurf or not to Smurf...I didn't know there was any question!"

Brainy Smurf

Postby bwalters » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:20 pm
I do agree with most of you that I would like them to spend more time in the village. However, I don't think doing that would work. The connection that the Smurfs made with Grace and Patrick was too strong. I feel that to make the next movie successful, they have to go back and see them. Plus if they stay in the village how would Gargamel get back home. Oh wait who cares. lol But I think in order for the children to understand the next movie, it almost has to be back in the city.
Mr Bill

Postby barrufet » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:43 pm
I think they could do without going back to a modern city and spend more time in their own time (although the film never really makes it clear what time it is in their own village). Would love to see Homnibus and Johan and Peewit and even Hogatha...and maybe even Bigmouth!
Great to read this. So here you have your Facebook ideal group:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-sm ... 3605748265
I feel that to make the next movie successful, they have to go back and see them.
You must be the only one in the world wishing that. :banghead:
regards
barrufet
Barcelona

Postby bwalters » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:11 pm
I never said I wished that. I said in order to make the new movie successful, they have to have it again in the real world.
Mr Bill

Postby barrufet » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:00 pm
I never said I wished that. I said in order to make the new movie successful, they have to have it again in the real world.
The smurf world it's not like that so I think we should ask them for a really good smurf movie, not to have the same sh*t again.
regards
barrufet
Barcelona

Postby bwalters » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:52 pm
Well I think we can wish all we want. Any Movie that brings in over $500,000 dollars tells me that what they did the first time worked well over what was expected, so why change things. I guess what you are saying is you just want them to make a cartoon movie, as the figures they used for this movie are not like the Smurf world as we know it either. I really don't think a cartoon movie would work at all.
Mr Bill

Postby barrufet » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:19 am
I only wish they respect Peyo's work. Smurfs live in ancient times. They don't know what is Playstation, i-phones nor McDonald's. That's all.
I think they could do a good movie with all the action in the smurf village but I understand it's easier and cheaper to put them back in NY and to have boring human stories along with them. :angry:
regards
barrufet
Barcelona

Postby Chris McBrien » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:34 am
Barrufet,
Thanks for the great link! Love the photo of 'Gutsy' "x-ed" off!
Smurfs did live in ancient times, and being in ancient times is a HUGE attraction for millions of people...just check out the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy films, the upcoming "Hobbit" being made, the recent "Conan" remake, how about Gladiator, Braveheart, remake of the Clash of the Titans and the new Robin Hood. I think putting the Smurfs back into the Middle Ages would be fun for kids to watch. Have enough magic, pseudo scary characters like Hogatha and kind of scary (but more funny) Gargamel and mystic characters like Mother Nature or Homnibus added in, and maybe had Bigmouth being tricked into attacking Smurf Village like some kind of Godzilla...and take out characters like Gutsy (as I said I do like him a little being of Scottish decent, but watching the film again with my son yesterday and catching the "Freedom" ripoff line from Braveheart did strike me as a bit tacky...and the name "Gutsy"...really?) that aren't original characters would be a very good and clever move. My idea would be to reintroduce "The Smurfs and the Magic Flute" and add the above villians and smurfs from the cartoon series to the storyline along with the characters already in the original movie (the heroes we know so well). You could have Homnibus battling Hogatha with spells (like the Disney Sword and the Stone magic battle) and have a LOT of fun. Just a thought....I think audiences WOULD come to check that out, in fact, I think that's what people maybe WANTED and EXPECTED in the first place when they made the first film, at least that's what I hoped for!

A quick PS: My son Noah is TOTALLY into Smurfs right now, and I was saddened to pull out a large smurf house with everything there EXCEPT the chimney! I actually spend almost an hour after he went to bed last night looking for it with no luck. Anyone have an extra chimney I'd be happy to buy it from you! Happy New Year, BTW!
"To Smurf or not to Smurf...I didn't know there was any question!"

Brainy Smurf

Postby barrufet » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:54 am
Hi Chris, thanks for your support :D
I agree with all your message. Anyway I think we won't change anything: the smurfs will come back to USA,
we will have the same actors, the movie will be BAD and it will be another blockbuster.
People don't wonder if it would be possible to have a BETTER movie. What a pity.
regards
barrufet
Barcelona

Postby bwalters » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:45 pm
When I went to the movie at the theater. I noticed most of the kids were too young to have ever have seen the Smurfs in cartoon form. Well if the parents bought a cartoon then they could have seen one. If I had to guess the parents were the reason they were even there. I know a lot of people that went without kids. Me and Nat didn't take any kids with us, and I have talked to many that went without kids. I know I enjoyed the Movie, and to me it doesn't matter which way they do the next one. I just feel like if it worked well enough the first time, why change.
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:00 pm
I think we have to agree to disagree....it's great that there are so many different opinions..and it will be interesting to see how the second movie is developing. I, for one, don't think the same actors will be in it, or that it will be in NYC..but I do believe it will be in today's times again.

Chris, I love your ideas...let's keep the smurfs in the medieval times and use real actors (as Homnibus, Mother Nature, Hogatha (that would have to be Bette Midler lol) in it.

Bill, my experience was exactly the opposite. Besides smurf collectors, I don't know one single adult who went to see the movie without a child..but I know quite a few families who went together, and adults and children loved the movie. When I went with my mother (who only went because I paid for the movie ticket, and fell in love with the smurfs all over again) we were the only adults without children in the theatre (I was also the only one who wore a smurf T-shirt)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:50 pm
Oh I agree Moey. The only people I know that went to see the movie are collectors. Natailie and I were the only two adults without children and I also wore a smurf T-shirt. No one else did. Most people had left before we did as I wanted to see the credits. I saw a lot of people enjoying the film. I also saw a lot of people jump because of the 3-D. I have really good perepheal vision. Sorry I couldn't spell it. Just can't see straight ahead and can't see 3-D. BTW there were no other people with out kids when we were there.
Mr Bill

Postby Tintin » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:47 am
Hi Bill

Here the same.
I think my dad and me were the only adults without kids.

Don't know what the plans for the next movie are, but if that's a big succes to, i am sure we will have part 3 - 4 - 5 and 6 to :D

Tintin

Postby PonySmurf » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:49 pm
I finally saw the movie last night with my wife (on blu-ray)... we missed it when it came to theatres. I think it was here for all of 2 weeks.
The one scene I didn't like at all was the "guitar hero" bit... I liked Gargamel well enough. I laughed out loud when he told Azrael, "To think, I almost ate you that time." :)

I could nitpick all day... but overall I give it a 7/10. Perfectly watchable, but not as good as I had hoped.
:D

Postby PunkMaister » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:15 am
The sequel will most likely focus on Gargamel since he remained in New York and therefore he is still very much a threat, hell the Smurfs will probably have to return to save the world from his clutches.
Postby alvittos » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:54 pm
I loved the movie also! And like Gerda said, it was great to see all the kids getting into the smurfs! We went to the first showing and the theater was completely full! A whole new generation of smurf lovers!
Page 4 of 4

Login