Home of the Smurf Community

Find all the news and rumours about the Smurf movie here
Page 1 of 4
Postby Pitufo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:00 pm
I have just talked to Jon ( a smurfer some of you know) and he has gone to the premier today. He says the film is very nice, with some lovely scenes, specially all the scenes at the village...And another friend of mine who has gone with him has said to me that the scene at the toys store is very amusing

I will tell you my opnion tomorrow...Excatly 17 hours to watch it with 7 nephews!!!!!!!!!!
JOAQUÍN

Postby Tintin » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:36 pm
Hi Joaquin

Have fun my friend :cheers:
Make it a great day with the movie and family :-D

Tintin

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:42 pm
Looks like I will be watching the movie in just about 24 hours from now :woohoo:

I can't leave work early...they don't understand the importance of the smurf movie at all :o :? :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tracker Smurf » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:58 pm
we're seeing it 3:25 central time here (after the kids nap)...very excited and on one of the largest screens in the area

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:38 pm
I will be going with the Fish tomorrow....oops, I mean today since it's after midnight.....and since Stace hasn't turned into a pumpkin....or a mushroom......or human.

We will be wearing Smurf t-shirts too. Except for Syd, who is very angry that the movie wasn't about him and his sexual escapades......talk about non-fiction......anyway, I hope everyone enjoys the movie tomorrow or whenever they get the opportunity to view it.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's opinion

Dyar

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:30 am
I'm leaving work in about an hour to go see the movie......only been at work for about 20 minutes but that's a decent day's work for me....especially on a Blue Friday.

I'm smurfed up and ready to go

Dyar

PS: I should probably be working instead of being on the forum.....but I don't want my co-workers to get higher expectations of me now do I?

Postby Pitufo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:39 am
I have just arrived from the cinema...I know some people can think that there are many things that are different from the original idea of smurfs, but I only can say...I LOVE THE FILM!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I have gone with 7 of my 10 nephews and we have enjoyed a lot. We have had lunch at McDonalds (the present of spanish Happy Meal is a little plush ) and then we have watched the film

We have laughed a lot: there are some scenes that are really funny. And I admit I have cried two or three times. Some of the scenes are full of emotions for someone like me who has grown with smurfs.

One of the most lovely things is the village. Really beautiful!!!!!And I will add only one thing negative: IMHO Gargamel has too much scenes

Hope you all like it as I have done!!!!!!
JOAQUÍN

Postby Tintin » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:52 am
Hi Joaquin

Nice to hear you and your family had a great time !!!
But i was sure about that.

Tintin

Postby Tojo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:56 am
It's great that you & your nephews had such a good smurfy time Joaquín, firstly at McDonald's & then at the cinema :-D :-D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Lia » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:54 am
Amazing that the movie is already to be seen in Spain!
I`m glad that you liked it Joaquin~
Did you see the 3D version or the normal one?

Lia

Postby Pitufo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:08 pm
I have seen the 3D version, but next time (perhaps tomorrow :) :) :) ), I will see the normal version. There are 2-3 scenes really nices to be watched in 3D but I can´t understand the obssesion for doing all the new film in a 3D version
JOAQUÍN

Postby Gerda » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:28 pm
Just came back from the movie and I loved it. If I ever build my own smurf village the scenes where the smurfs are back home gave me good ideas. I thought the movie was fun and a bunch of it wasn't made just for kids and they tied in the past with the smurfs pretty good.. I mean it's not like they just dropped smurfs on the planet and did not explain that they have been here.. Actually liked the fact that they did mention peyo in it too!! I was surprised by how many people where in there and the excitement that those people had. A bunch of kids actually brought plush into the show and it was neat to see the new generation get all excited about it.
Happy smurfer giving 4 .5 stars.. only complaint. wish it was a bit longer.

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:43 pm
We thought it was really good too. I was worried beforehand that it wouldn't live up to our hype and expectations but I was really happy with it all round. I guess it pays to be a little apprehensive before seeing it so you don't build it up too much.

We started with a McLunch and then headed to the cinema. It didn't get off to a great start as late comers blocked some of the movie for us and I missed a bit where Papa has visions. Then the kid in front of us dropped his LARGE Coke which splashed our feet. Fortunately Stace smacked the back of his head and besides a few sobs.....he didn't give us anymore trouble.

The only negative for us is that they didn't have the Popcorn & Soda packaging that we were hoping for.

Overall.....4 Smurf Hats out of 5 :D

Dyar

PS: I think Staci now wants her very own Clumsy......out with the Syd & in with the new I guess.

Postby Tracker Smurf » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:12 pm
Loved the movie...my two kids were really intoi it (including the youngest who is two)....it was probably one of the better movies I have seen in awhile...most of the low humor I was worried about took place with gargamel which was better than Smurfs saying inappropriate stuff... I love Gutsy and someone needs to make a figure of narrator smurf

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:39 pm
Just came back from the movie and I loved it. If I ever build my own smurf village the scenes where the smurfs are back home gave me good ideas. I thought the movie was fun and a bunch of it wasn't made just for kids and they tied in the past with the smurfs pretty good.. I mean it's not like they just dropped smurfs on the planet and did not explain that they have been here.. Actually liked the fact that they did mention peyo in it too!! I was surprised by how many people where in there and the excitement that those people had. A bunch of kids actually brought plush into the show and it was neat to see the new generation get all excited about it.
Happy smurfer giving 4 .5 stars.. only complaint. wish it was a bit longer.

gerda
Totally agree with this one...I wasn't sure about the movie either, but I loved it..and so did my mother who I had to drag there. She is the one who got me started on smurfs when I was four, so I thought it's only fair if I drag her to the movie....don't think they could have done a better movie..and was surprised when they even showed an old Lombardi comic book out of which Papa got his formula to get back home (it's a bit more complicated but why spoil it for those who haven't seen the movie yet)

There were huge displays in the cinema (pics to follow) and some of the employees wore smurf costumes..but no smurfy cups or stuff like this which as my mother said "that's crap" (she never uses bad words so that made me laugh)

Overall a very good and smurfy end to an otherwise not so great day. May go back to watch the movie again (and look for smurfy items) :)

I went to Toys R Us after the movie and was surprised that all smurf items were sold out except for a puzzle, a Papa lab and a backpack..which are now sold out. The nice young supervisor on duty even gave me the empty display box that the plushes used to be in :D

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:22 pm
Congrats on the display box Moey. We got a variation on the Plush Display Box today too.

We got one from Toys R Us which has English & French print for the word "Plush", and today's one came from Target which just had the English print on it.

Besides the movie, McDonalds & the display box, we also got the Smurf Tynies and more of the Jakks Pacific sets from Target which were selling the individual Smurf packets as well as the double pack.

I could say that we're smurfed out but every day in the last couple of months has been like this. I literally have hundreds of items to photograph and put on the website at some stage. I just realised we haven't added anything new on the website since January 2010.......it will take me a year to add all of the new things, without all of the other new things we're about to find and purchase. I wish the Smurfs would just do it themselves.

Dyar

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:26 pm
Well, there is so much out there that I decided I won't get anything I don't like...problem is...that's not that much :?

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Tracker Smurf » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:39 pm
Went to target before the movie and they have nonclear figure two packs and single packed smurfs

Postby Gerda » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:07 am
did not find anything at target, I'll be on the lookout though for the single packs. VERY good to hear that toys r us is selling out, maybe new smurf nuts are being born.
:cheers:
happily smurfing along

Postby Lia » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:22 am
There`s a huge article in my newspaper today about the movie in the USA, I`m really curious for the movie in Holland now1
Attachments
AD 30 juli 2011.jpg
AD 30 juli 2011.jpg (88.91 KiB) Viewed 6690 times
Page 1 of 4

Login