Home of the Smurf Community

Find all the news and rumours about the Smurf movie here
Page 1 of 1
Postby jrparadine » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:10 pm
Hi everyone,

Okay, I wasn't going to go see the movie, because I liked the smurfs to be like they were and it seemed to be just too weird, too changed!

But low and behold, I really liked it! Even though baby was only in the ending credits!

There were a few things though that did bug me!

1. The houses really didn't look like Smurf houses! But the villiage was so cute I could overlook it.

2. They said there was going to be more female presence in the villiage, but there was not! I was looking forward to seeing more girls.

3. And the biggest one was Smurfettes voice! Not like the real Smurfette! She sounded like Cameron Diaz, and around every corner I kept expecting her to say "Lets go Angels"!

4. The fact they keep saying Jonathan Winters was the original voice of papa which he wasn't! He was the voice of Grandpa smurf. Don Messick was papa!

5. And what was up with the Papa thing! In the cartoon it was always "Papa Smurf" but in the movie it was just "Papa"!

Oh well, Guess I shouldn't complain! The ones who did the film, probably we not even born when it was on the air! Right!LOL

Okay that's enough for now!
Jonathan!
JOnathan

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:24 pm
That was interesting to read...I admit everybody I spoke to so far, loved the movie..no matter whether they are smurf collectors, fans of the smurf cartoons or don't usually care too much for the smurfs in general.

I didn't think of including baby smurf but thinking about it, I guess it makes sense it wasn't included as the story line would have been different. Baby smurf in the cartoon has it's own magical powers without having to resort to potions, so the story would have made no sense with baby smurf in it. Hopefully, it will be in it in the sequel :-?

I personally thought the movie was well researched by it's authors and producers as they seemed to be interested in connecting the original smurfs into the movie...kind of like a "we always thought they are a fictional invention by Peyo...but here you go..they do exist" sort of thing.

In regards to the having more smurfettes issue...I was glad that there was only one smurfette as that's how Peyo intended it to be..and I never even liked Sassette or Granny smurf (sorry Pierre :) ). I also have to admit, I liked the smurfette of the movie much better than the smurfette of the cartoon series, who always ALWAYS got on my nerves so badly I just wanted her to shut up already :)

I do agree about Papa Smurf, although I didn't mind them not calling him Papa Smurf, but for some reason I didn't like the Papa Smurf in the movie too much....in the cartoon series he was more of the authority and leader, whereas in the movie he seemed helpless..or even clueless..not really Papa Smurf.

I am also not sure why they created Gutsy smurf...thought this really was Hefty smurf...if they "needed" to have a smurf with a Scottish accent..what's wrong with calling him by his rightful name which is Tojo as everybody knows :o :cool:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tojo » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:26 pm
I am also not sure why they created Gutsy smurf...thought this really was Hefty smurf...if they "needed" to have a smurf with a Scottish accent..what's wrong with calling him by his rightful name which is Tojo as everybody knows :o :cool:
:) :) That made me laugh Maureen :-D

I don't know why they created a new smurf either but I like him even though his German voice was a bit wierd. You can tell it's foreign but you'd never believe it was supposed to be scottish :o I actually like his German name: Mc Tapfer (Tapfer = brave for the non German speakers among us).
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Yonna » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:20 am
I went to see the movie with my godchild last Wednesday. I organized myself a ticket to the VIP-premier :D

I did actually like the movie! It did have it's mistakes and falls but the story was great. I liked that it had many funny scenes but also drama. I could have been better but it also could have been worse. I normally don't like 3D but I think it worked great on this movie. The premier was spoken in Finnish. Now I will head to see the original version. 8)
Go ahead! Smurf my day!

Postby PunkMaister » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:41 pm
Well I did not watch the movie in it's theatrical release but did watch it on DVD. As far as this type of cartoon to live action movie goes it wasn't bad not superb and certainly not Avatar but not bad at all. Could they ever make a real life like looking smurf that doesn't look to creepy and not too cute that remains to be seen, the producers opted for the true and tried Scooby Doh & Garfield cartoonlike look and considering how hard it would have been to create a lifelike smurf it was the way to go..

Many have complained how clueless Papa Smurf was in the movie but in his defense I don't think he could have had a clue of what to expect in modern New York city anymore than we would if we were thrown in the midst of a civilization thousand of years more advanced than our own.

Since Gargamel remained in New York I'm guessing the sequel will focus on that. As Papa Smurf said the guy is a moron but a dangerous moron none the less. All he would need is to extract the knowledge from modern day world from some hapless sap and he would be once again well on his way to try to take over the world a la Pinky and the Brain.
Page 1 of 1

Login