Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby smurfguyssister » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:54 am
Hi. How do you tell if a praying smurf (smurf or smurfette) is fake or real? When were the fakes made and by whom?.

I'm new here. As I mentioned in the Smurfy Chat Forum, I look for smurfs to give to my smurf collector brother. It's getting hard to find smurf items that he doesn't have at gift giving time. I've decided to focus on getting the praying smurfs and the baseball smurfette for him (the only three U. S. release smurfs he says he doesn't have). I've searched for these at shops, flea markets, etc. for over five years and now eventually plan to get them through eBay or online.

I had a bad experience with the praying smurf I already bought on eBay (misrepresented condition, no refund, now not sure if it's fake or real). As I shop in the future I'd like to know how to tell the difference between a fake and a real praying smurf. Are they the same size? Same color? Same written markings? What other diffeneces are there?

Also have fake baseball smurfettes been made? If so, how do you tell a fake from the genuine smurf?

Postby pekkelien » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:25 am
you see it a t the markings are they clear you also see it at the paint
but beware there are fakes from fakes from.....
not all fake prayings are the same
maybe syd can help you further
the real whone have the markings made in portugal
and they are sharp

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:19 pm
They also have the little circular injection mold on the souls of one of the feet. If youw ant some further info please send your email address in a PM to me and I will send you some notes on how to tell a fake and an authentic one apart.

Cheers

Dyar
Postby hugofilia » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:52 pm
Most of the time the fake's markings are NOT very clear and it is obvious.
Also the seam on the back of their heads is very apparent especialy on the smurfette.
I know i have a few of each
John 8-)
I love to create situation with smurfs and change or add colors.

Postby attombomb7 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:57 pm
HI!

I havn't ever seen or thought of buying those yet..but it seems you need to be very careful!\\\//
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:08 pm
Well I was lucky that my prayers were answered when I got in contact with John who sent me a beautiful set of these...if you know a reliable seller then you are half way there....although I was lucky that John let me wait until pray day to send the money.

Dyar

PS - If they weren't such expensive smurfs you could have a bit of fun with these ones....sort of Syd's Adults only section sort of fun.....forgive me Father Attom.

Dyar
Postby hugofilia » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:48 pm
Thank you Dyar, Very kind words from you and all, i appreciate this more than you think :-D
Yes we had a good trip to Canada, we will be here for 3-4 weeks, I am suppose to be Santa Claus 6'1" 225 pounds ho ho ho!
I have found out that the best way to be happy is to work at making others happy.
A smile on anyone face worth so much and we all need this feeling of the world being better when we smile, unfortunatly when we read the news it is hard to be positive so i work ,with my own little way , harder to make it happen. :cheers:
John
I love to create situation with smurfs and change or add colors.

Postby Fram » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:18 am
True words, John. I think you'll be a good Santa :D
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Rachel » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:52 pm
I have just completed my collection of fake praying smurfs - Thanks for the smurfette Today Karen :hug:

I do intend to study real and fake at some point but totally agree with the excellent info already given. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby pekkelien » Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:06 am
yes karen is such a nice person :D
Page 1 of 1

Login