Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Fram » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:40 am
This is claimed to be a nude (but decent) Smurf, marked Peyo. This resembles no Peyo-figure I have ever seen, but does someone know more about it?
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby XoioX2000 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:48 am
You have to admit: the face, the feet... they do look very similar to some of the figures.

It's obviously not part of the smurfs collection, but I suspect it's another character from another cartoon which happens to have the same round type of head... I'd love to know who it is!!!!
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby pekkelien » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:20 pm
schleich or bully
which cartoonguy would this guy be?

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:47 pm
These ones are in Der Katalog IV atthe back somewhere I think....I am not sure what they are called but I was looking at them justthe other day in the Katalog.

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:06 am
Hi guys, this is an odd one.

Dyar, although this one is very similar, I am not sure. This actual figure isn't in the catalogue with the other "Roman Gnomes" and also his feet are different to those shown.

This one is being sold by a smurf collector as well. :-?
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Rachel » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:21 am
Well he is definitely NOT one of these.! :-?

Postby Fram » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:24 am
Those last ones are figures used in German TV advertising (between the commercials), IIRC. They are a purely German phenomenon... The ones above, the Roman Gnomes, seem to be the same or almost the same as our nude fellow. I guess the Peyo marking is some mistake???

Postby Rachel » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:27 am
Hi Fram, Thanks for that info, I had always wondered abput the round gnomes. :cheers:

I agree the nude guy does look far more similar to the Roman Gnomes, it is just his feet seem to be shaped with toes whilst the otheres all have plain feet, but I will be honest, I really don't know as I haven't studied these figurines at all! :cool:

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:12 am
There feet are certainly different Rach but they are close....I am with you that I have never studied these figures either so I didn't notice the feet was different....although I suppose that smurfs have both type of feet so could it possible that the one in the auction was left out of the katalog?

:-?

Who knows but I have taken a closer look at these so I guess I have learnt something about them today.

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:15 am
Thought I had better post a picture of the naked gnome as the auction has finished. :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:29 am
I was wondering whether this smurf is made up of different smurfs and then painted. His feet look Framish & Bunnorish.....his head reminds me of the Flying smurf with wings...definately a Bully face and whether his body could be a singer or something...although I don't think the arms are quite right for the singer...still arms can be manipulated with heat.

Does anyone else think this could be a possibility?

Dyar

Postby Fram » Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:40 am
Nope. His belly button fluff has the wrong colour :lol:
It might perhaps be possible, but I think it's more probable that he was made as is, as some rip-off or add-on to the Smurfs. I seriously doubt Peyo had anything to do with him, I just think they copied his style...

Postby Rachel » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:03 am
Nope. His belly button fluff has the wrong colour
There you go Dyar, I think you have your answer! :hit:

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:21 am
Are you referring to that green bit that has fallen from his tummy...god I hope that's it...I just thought he might of been a youngster and his thing wasn't ripe yet.

Dyar....do I have to keep putting my name to these posts?

Postby XoioX2000 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:32 am
This just follows on from the Eden garden joke really...

I'm sure it is Adam, just before he was sitting alone in paradise, looking bored, God spoke to him and said "Adam, I have decided to make you a companion. She will be perfect in every way, always provide meals for you, clean, every day for the rest of the time you spend together.

Adam looked up and exclaimed, "Lord, that's wonderful!"

"The catch is, it will cost you one arm and one leg, as you cannot rush perfection."

"An arm AND a leg?.... " Adam thought "... What can I get for a rib?"

Thus woman was born.
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave
Page 1 of 1

Login