Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 2 of 2

Postby André » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:12 am
The Abilis is a genuine promo shown in the 1993 IMPS catalogue.

But I have no idea about the new ones showing up in lots??? :-?
Attachments
imps1993.jpg
imps1993.jpg (39.96 KiB) Viewed 3714 times
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby Arno » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:38 am
After some research on the web, I think Abilis was a french firm whose business was cleaning.
There is a french flag on the right arm of the Abilis judoka.
If I understood right, Abilis has been bought by the dutch group Vedior and then sold in 1999 to the danish group ISS.
Postby Tommo » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:54 am
Just to confuse things more, maybe, I've got a judo smurf with the same markings as the Abilis promo, but without any of the Abilis promo markings. Just a plain one. Also no hole in the head where a keyring would have gone. Any ideas? :? No cavity number on it as with the Abilis ones. Christy and Dyer both have this one as well.
Cheers,
Tommo
Attachments
Judo, china 1992.jpg
Judo, china 1992.jpg (38.42 KiB) Viewed 3384 times
Judo, china, 1992 marking.jpg
Judo, china, 1992 marking.jpg (25.54 KiB) Viewed 3384 times
Postby Bundleofkent2 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:27 pm
All I can think on this one Tommo is that they were destined to be Abilis, but did not get the Tricolour or the Abilis logo added...

They are not "canon" ie in the official Schleich smurf series as they are not made by Schleich........

Martin
Postby Tommo » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:13 pm
How do you think these would have been sold Martin? :-?
Postby Bundleofkent2 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:47 pm
I'm presuming the unmarked ones were just in batches :-? Sent in from China?

Can't imagine they were sold in isolation in shops, surely there would have been some IMPS promotion (apart from the promotion they gave for the Abilis per se)??
Postby Tommo » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:42 pm
So, as the size/shape of this promo is slightly different, therefore a new mold must have been made for this one? Do you thinks that it would have still been produced/painted by Schleich even though their name isn’t on it or a completely different company? I can see how the promos would have been available, but these ones without the print and key ring? Do you they were given to Schleich to mix in with theirs? :-?
Postby Bundleofkent2 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:20 pm
Hi Tommo,

don't think Schleich wd have had anything to do with it- bit like the McDonalds smurfs (were there were also new molds made eg baker, gift....) and the Grand Bazaar guy

"Peyo" must have the ability to usurp Schleich if they want to use a mold for a promo....maybe part of the contract??
Page 2 of 2

Login