Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 3
Postby JT » Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:24 pm
I bought smurf #20009 drummer. It looked quite usual, but then I looked markings. Mold number is usually something between 1-4, but this one has 0. What does it mean? He was made without mold?

Janne

Postby attombomb7 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:02 pm
hey JT

maybe he doesn exist yet?? :) :) :) :)
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Rachel » Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:24 pm
Sounds interesting......

Any chance of a close up pic? :photo:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:10 pm
Hi JT

I think I have the "0" marking on at least one of mine too as I am sure I saw it and thought "what the....". I am thinking of recording my mold numbers just to see what I have although I am aware they mean very little to collectors. Hopefully when I do I will also find the "0" one or find out if I was dreaming again.

Dyar

Postby Bunno Smurf » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:58 pm
Hi Andrew,

That smurf collection database program I was talking to you about that Phil is making for me has a section where you can record the 0 marking as well as the other markings. I might need to check with you guys on what else needs to go on the list as I'm not sure about all the markings. It also records the dot colour.

The database is at a workable stage now. Now comes the time consuming part of putting the data in!

Linda

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:43 pm
As I said to you in the PM...it sounds really impressive and hopefully we get to see a sample of what you come up with.

It's a turd, it's a Jane......no it's Super Bunno

um...sorry about the turd bit :-D but I needed something that rhymed with BIRD and I thought you wouldn't like to be called a NERD... 8-)

Dyar.....I think I have to go now before the Bunbury express hunts me down

:scaredy: :arrow:

:rip:

Postby Bunno Smurf » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:40 am
Bunbury Express??? Do you think we have a train out here in the sticks??? I have roos hopping around just down the street. I might take a pic of them if I can get the to stand still long enough (Sam likes to chase them) We're going to send some footage of Sam to Funniest Home Videos. He chased a cat up a banksia tree the other day....and I mean chased the cat UP the tree......he was in the tree too. He went up about 3m. Phil's dad took some digi pics of it too so I'll see if I can get one of them. He's one crazy dog!

Actually we do have a train but its called the Australind! It runs from Perth to Bunbury twice daily. We even have our own mini airport in Bunbury. It only takes Cessnas though and maybe Fokker 50's.

I won't bother with the Bunbury Express. I'll just send you another little pressie from Mr Bunno...there's plenty to go around. I think we'll have curry for tea tonight first though.

Linda

Edit: here's the pic of Sam in the tree

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:34 am
Okay...we'll call it the Bumbury Expression then...lol

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:46 am
I have been thinking of something lately that has bugged me and thought maybe you guys could answer a question for me.

I have heard many times that the mold numbers mean nothing to collectors....that they use this to identify if there is a fault in any particular mould. However since the numbers relate to different moulds then surely those different moulds would create slightly different shaped smurfs wouldn't they? Correct me if I am wrong as I am no expert here but there seems to be a lot of different shaped smurfs with the same markings...some are taller/shorter or have slight differences in the angles their arms are at etc. I know heat can alter some things but surely they can't make them shrink or grow taller can they?

Please help me if anyone has an opinion as this has been bugging me for a little while now.

Dyar

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:18 am
Good point Syddo

Postby pekkelien » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:57 am
i think i have a o too somewhere

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:50 am
Good point Syddo
Syddo says thanks Kazza

Postby JT » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:38 pm
Sounds interesting......

Any chance of a close up pic? :photo:
It seems to be impossible to me to photo close ups. Pics are so blurry, that you don´t know it´s a smurf...
There is one big fault with this drummer, someone has written his/her name under the figure. But 0 intrests me as I´m not sure what it means. I try to post close up pic of him after Christmas.

Janne

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:51 pm
Hi JT, I think you need a macro function on your camera for close ups. My old digital camera made smurfs blurry too, it's annoying isn't it? :(

Postby JT » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:56 pm
Yes, it´s frustrating to photo your smurfs and find out pics came out all out of focus. i wish Santa brings me a new camera for christmas :xmasgift:
Or at least scanner :xmas:

Janne

Postby attombomb7 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:19 pm
hi

JT...have you tried to scan a smurf?? on a scanner??? :cheers:
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:47 pm
Is that a bit like photocopying your bum? :) :)

Postby attombomb7 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:29 pm
Is that a bit like photocopying your bum? :) :)
HI karen!

yes! but not as fun!! hehehe :) :) :) :shock:
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:42 pm
That's all we need now...Dutch Photocopiers

The rules are

1. Fart on photocopier and then close the lid before deadly gas escapes

2. Grab workmate (perferably someone who is unlikely to kill you) and push head under the photocopier lid

3. Photocopy suffering face for extended laughter fits

4. Call an ambulence

5. Give photocopy to work mate's wife to identify the corpse and as a momento of what he looked like just before tragedy struck.

6. Get a cork for a long sentence in a cage

Dyar

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:49 pm
Oh nooooo the poor photocopier!!! :fart: :fart: :fart: :fart: Oh, oh yeah, poor coworker too :???:
:dory: Staci :dory:
Page 1 of 3

Login