Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby DrunkSmurf » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:23 pm
Wow! In my first post, I disparaged Garg's castle and other expensive smurf buildings. Opened my windmill a couple of days early, though, and wow--that's a real toy. I have an engineering degree and was amazed by the mechanical efficiency of it--! :shock: The windmill, with it's neon yellow exterior, looks junky in the pictures (especially compared to the first release), but up close--it looks fantastic. It exerts a "presence" unlike the rather unassuming large mushroom house (which I grew up with).

Questions:
1) Can anyone cite ideas for the windmill powering other smurf gadgets (improvised or officially Schleich)? Not merely aesthetic, the windmill actually does something! I'm guessing it is supposed to work in conjunction with the conveyor belt playset, but I doubt I'll find that anytime soon. :???:

2) Was the windmill originally designed to have a base? It has a lot of grooves and notches in the base that serve no function.

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:58 am
Hi Tim

There is a motorised Windmill version out there but it is a lot rarer and also more expensive. It uses electricity to power the windmill and it sits on a large green base with a track that little smurfs can walk up to get to the windmill....I think it looks really cool and I came so close to bidding quite high on one last year but pulled out after having second thoughts......stupid Dyar. I will be very keen to find another one on ebay someday.

If anyone has a pic can they post it here please

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:46 am
I don't have one myself but here is a picture of the motorized windmill.

I am not 100% sure but I think they were available to shops for display purposes. :-?

Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby pekkelien » Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:59 am
here another whone

Postby pekkelien » Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:01 am
hope this helps
i got 2 variations off the grey windmill
1 yellow windmill
and 1 alfred j kwak windmill
so total 4 different same made schleich windmills

say syd does the kwak also has the holes under?

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:39 pm
Hi Sven

I don't know yet but I will be able to tell you when it arrives. Does your one have the holes?

I have the old & new but I would love the motorised one and I am sure one day I will get one.....I guess we all just have to wait until someone gives one up and sells them on ebay.

Dyar

Postby pekkelien » Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:38 am
i ownly have parts off the kwak 8-)

Postby attombomb7 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:44 pm
thats a great windmill!

wow!!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:07 pm
Hi Sven

My Kwak stuff will probably leave Germany in around mid January, so I should have it here by the end of January or maybe early February. I will answer the bit about the holes when it arrives as I am curious too. I would imagine that it does as It should be the same mould.....but we will find out soon.

Dyar

Postby pekkelien » Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:29 am
im pretty sure he will have the wholes aswel :D

Postby pekkelien » Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:29 am
nice topic btw

Postby JimEII » Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:40 am
The Kwak windmill that I have, does have the holes in the bottom. Mine did not come with a mushroom on the side or cloth for the windmill paddles.

Jim II :snowing:

Postby pekkelien » Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:06 am
thanks for the info! :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:45 am
The Kwak windmill that I have, does have the holes in the bottom. Mine did not come with a mushroom on the side or cloth for the windmill paddles.
Hi Jim

I was wondering if the Kwak Windmill ever came with the Mushroom on the side. I have never seen one with the cloth for the sails but I just had a look at the pic of the windmill I am purchasing and I don't think it had the Mushroom on the side either. Maybe they are all like this. Does your one have the holes for the Mushroom still? I could always find a spare one and add it on if it did but then again it may look odd with the Kwak colours anyway.

Dyar

Postby JimEII » Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:55 am
Yes Dyar, the holes are there for the mushroom. Maybe we could take our extra mushrooms and paint them a pale yellow to match the variation of the stand alone mushroom.

Jim II :umbrella:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:30 am
That's a great idea Jim :D

I have seen many auctions with bits and pieces of the windmill around on ebay in the last year and painting them a suitable colour would look excellent. I think the windmills would look better with them than without....I will work on that when it arrives in January.

Dyar
Page 1 of 1

Login