Home of the Smurf Community

Information about the community.
Page 1 of 2
Postby DrunkSmurf » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:09 pm
I'm racing like mad to get a confirmation to the info, but it's looking pretty good--and I personally feel absolutely confident about it--that nothing has happened in ages.

You think Schleich wants to keep us in the dark until Feb? Maybe this is going to be a really big release?

-Tim

Postby paolo » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:18 am
I'm afraid that since the real birthday is in October, the new Smurfs will be announced in January with the release of the booklet and distributed in September (and maybe they will have 2008 markings).
Of course I hope instead that Schleich follows the usual release schedule and adds a playset for the October 50th year's birthday.

Postby Cassiebsg » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:56 am
Just wondering about market strategy from Schleich side... wonder why they wait untill jan/feb to release the new smurfs, and probably miss a lot of sales with the xmas rush? :-?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby paolo » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:09 am
It has been this way every year!
The only reason is that the Smurfs line is a very small amount of the whole Schleich sales (less then 5% if I remember), so they just don't care.
In fact, we collectors buy the new smurfs no matter what, even if we don't like the new molds, but regular customers don't. And that's another reason why in the latest years they release smurfs with a common theme: to attract customers and to make them buy all the line instead of just one or two figurines.

Postby Rachel » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:47 pm
I have to say, I loved seeing the title of this thread. A classic drunksmurf post. :clap2:

Like you Tim, I am eagerly awaitig the announcement. :-D
Just wondering about market strategy from Schleich side... wonder why they wait untill jan/feb to release the new smurfs, and probably miss a lot of sales with the xmas rush?
Hi Sandra, I think we have mentioned this in the past, it does seem an odd way of doing it but as Paolo mentions, smurfs are only a very small part of the Schleich range and I think they release different products at different times of the year. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby DrunkSmurf » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:50 pm
Just wondering about market strategy from Schleich side... wonder why they wait untill jan/feb to release the new smurfs, and probably miss a lot of sales with the xmas rush? :-?
I used to think this way too, because in the USA, December is the one-shot grab for the gold among the retailers.

But, another German toy, Playmobil, is on a similar cycle as Schleich. Playmobil releases new stuff by theme, once a month, from February to September. In my opinion, by Christmas, the novelty is worn out. But, maybe PM generates more sales this way by luring people in bits and pieces all year, then letting Christmas rake in the big items parents wouldn't otherwise have bought (sort of like how American bars give you drink discounts on Tuesday and Thursdays, because they know you'll be in on Fri regardless...)

There also is a big toy fair in Nuremburg in February that the German toy companies show off their new wares, then release afterward. But, like with smurfs, news of Playmobil's upcoming releases get leaked in the Autumn long before the fair, but I guess the show is the first time the public sees the stuff in person.
I have to say, I loved seeing the title of this thread. A classic drunksmurf post.
The classics are starting to go into re-runs, which is what I'm worried about....

-Tim

Postby Tojo » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:06 pm
There's been a lot of discussion about the 2008 smurfs on Steve's forum too. I'll say no more but it may be worth taking a peek, wink, wink...
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:07 pm
You're allowed to post whatever you know, Tojo :cheers: :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Tojo » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:25 pm
Well, I don't know how much truth is in this but Andrew/toydreamer was told they would be Party smurfs. He's been talking about it on Steve's Smurf & Snorky forum. He would have to confirm or deny this though. Can I please remove my arm from behind my back now, it's starting to hurt.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:27 pm
Can I please remove my arm from behind my back now, it's starting to hurt.
WEeeeeeeellll, we'll see about that :eyebrow: The link Andrew posted doesn't work on that forum though :o

Postby toydreamer » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:30 pm
Forget i spoke.
Smurfs, smurfs & more smurfs at Toy Dreamer: www.toydreamer.com.au :eek:

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:49 pm
Sorry, the link went to a private area. :)
Hmmmm...ok...and why would that be private when you posted the original thread in a public section? :o I hope you know this thread is out there for the whole world to see so if it's secret, too late now :) :)

Moey, by Jubilee do you mean these will have the date and wreath on the backs of their heads too? :-?

Postby toydreamer » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:17 am
Forget i spoke.
Smurfs, smurfs & more smurfs at Toy Dreamer: www.toydreamer.com.au :eek:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:08 am
Moey, by Jubilee do you mean these will have the date and wreath on the backs of their heads too? :-?
I don't know Stace..this is why I haven't said anything before (I usually only go with facts)...I simply don't know what he meant with it...All Frank said was that the new smurfs would be Jubilee smurfs and will be announced shortly but he can't say more :-?

They could be very well be Party smurfs and Frank called them Jubilee..I guess we will all know before long

Stace, since we talk about the new smurfs, do you think this thread should be moved to a ..."private" section?..
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:09 am
maybe Schleich stopped smurf production for new smurfs completely :banghead:
this could be also the reason why we are still waiting for the announcement

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:17 am
No, I think it has to do with the 50th anniversary and some big thing that they haven't done so yet....I did also hear from Schleich, like Paolo did, Tine...so no worries there :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:43 am
Forget i spoke.
Last edited by toydreamer on Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Oh no, Andrew, you have broken the smurf world wide open with your secret announcement....but I see you have been taking pointers from Moey on editing your posts :) I liked the original unedited version of the grassy knoll personally :-D

Postby Bunno Smurf » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:47 am
umm did I miss something?? I just replied and now all the posts are gone?
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Simon X » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:50 am
Don't be afraid, the thread was splitted because of the now wrong title:

http://www.forum.bluecavern.com/viewtop ... highlight=

:) :D

Postby Bunno Smurf » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:51 am
lol yeah just found it....Stace...lightning fast...... :) :) I'll just ummm repost me reply over there.........never mind me everyone
:star: LINDA :star:
Page 1 of 2

Login