Home of the Smurf Community

Information about the community.
Page 2 of 4

Postby Gerda » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:47 am
Yippie... new smurfs... I think the smurfette is my favorite!! I think Gargamel looks a bit drunk :)

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Rachel » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:57 am
Firstly a big Thanks to Linda and Karen for the pics and Tojo, Simon and Andrew for the info. :thanks2:

Hmmmm, my first opinion, I love some and hate some. :daz:

I have to admit, this is the first time a new release has had me split drastically with such contrasting feelings for different figures. There has been the odd one which maybe I didn't like as much as others but oooooh, I am not sure about these.

I LOVE the Champagne Bottle smurf and the Smurfette Party Cake. :love:

I quite like the Smurf with Party Streamer :streamer:

I am not sure about Party Papa Tuxedo. :?:

I think the Party Drummer is a bit of a waste of a new release as we already have plenty of drummers. :-?

I don't really like the Anniversary smurf, again maybe could have been a bit more special. :eek:

I HATE (I know this is a strong word, especially relating to smurfs) the Gargamel and Azrael. I do agree that Azrael looks cute but they would ruin a smurf party don't you think? :???:

As always, I am extremely happy to see a new release, God help us the day they stop bringing out new ones but I am suprised at my own quite dramatic reaction this time around. :yikes:

Will I be getting them - of course. :-D

Will I be planning new scenes for the smurf village using them - of course. :-D

Also interesting to note the new numbers for this set - 2.0701 etc :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Simon X » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:06 pm
I HATE (I know this is a strong word, especially relating to smurfs) the Gargamel and Azrael. I do agree that Azrael looks cute but they would ruin a smurf party don't you think? :???:
But it is not a smurfy party, isn't it? It's gargamel's and Azrael's 50. birthday, too..! Okay, I had a look and they were introduced in 1959 (so they would have their birthday in 2009), but I don't think, anybody will celebrate their fiftieth birthday in 2009? ;) :)
As smurfs without gargamel are not imaginbale, I think they have deserved to be part of that set and to celebrate peaceful thier anniversary. Besides it's just to funy tom see a smiling Gargamel. :D

Postby Gerda » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:12 pm
something just came to mind.... these are "kids" toys marketed towards "kids" right?? so a champagne smurf?? :-? Why do I get the feeling this will NOT be sold on the u.s market!! :) :)

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:17 pm
something just came to mind.... these are "kids" toys marketed towards "kids" right?? so a champagne smurf?? :-? Why do I get the feeling this will NOT be sold on the u.s market!! :) :)
Oh I think it will, G....there are far more inappropriate children's toys out there currently. As long as they don't get recalled like all the other toys lately :o
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:37 pm
I really love them, my favourites have to be Gargie and Azrael though cos it's such a lovely change to the evil looking ones we all have. even though Gargie looks like he's had one too many..... :) :beer:

Roll on next year..... :-D

Smurfy regards
Steve :D

Postby smurfieduck » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:39 pm
An anticlimax............

If I am really honest, I felt a little disappointed that Schleich didn't come up with something better than they have.

I agree with Rachel.........
Hmmmm, my first opinion, I love some and hate some.

I have to admit, this is the first time a new release has had me split drastically with such contrasting feelings for different figures. There has been the odd one which maybe I didn't like as much as others but oooooh, I am not sure about these.
She has summed up just how I felt when I first saw the pics.

I loathe the Gargamel figure!!!

I think Azrael is funny - I have always wished that he would go and live with the smurfs; so he can be friends with them. Perhaps being invited to the Smurf Party will make him realise that he is better off with the smurfs. Fingers and paws crossed!!!! :)

I like the Smurfette and cake; the smurf with party streamer.

I think the drummer is boring and it's already been done!!

Smurf holding the champers is OK but I'm not doing cartwheels over him.

I'm just not sure about Party Papa Tuxedo and Anniversary Smurf. Again, I agree with Rachel, the anniversary one isn't anything special.

Will I buy them ALL?? YES!!!! :)

:-D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:10 pm
I think the Party Drummer is a bit of a waste of a new release as we already have plenty of drummers. :-?
I think so too....I did a little comparison between the Marching Drum and this new Drum....the photo is not taken at the same angle (maybe when I get home I can take one at the proper angle instead of doctoring up Dyar's picsLOL) but if you move the marching band drummers arms up a bit, there is your new smurf! Same expression on the face and same stance as well :o

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
View of marching drummer from front to see his facial expression compared to new drummer:

Image Image

Postby FlamingO » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:22 pm
I did my own similar comparison between the two earlier today :) He definately looks a bit out of place in the group :???: I wish they had done a smurf holding balloons (like SmurfySteves :D ) instead, that's a smurf I'd love to see :-D

Postby toydreamer » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:27 pm
Brilliant smurfs. Think i like Azreal the best, though i do like the smurf blowing the party streamer too.

Party, party, party... PARTY!!!!

:party:
:party:
:party: ................................. :( :)
Smurfs, smurfs & more smurfs at Toy Dreamer: www.toydreamer.com.au :eek:

Postby Gerda » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:31 pm
View of marching drummer from front to see his facial expression compared to new drummer:

Image Image
I think the new drummer looks too much like the christmas gold cord drummer, just the christmas one has a bigger drum.
gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby steveparkes » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:45 pm
I was going to say exactly the same Gerda
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby DrunkSmurf » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:51 pm
I contacted Schleich and told them to ditch the drummer.

Granted, Schleich gave me the middle finger in response, but that's life.

Postby HollandSmurf » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:56 pm
When can we buy the new smurfs?
Ingrid :hippy:

Postby Tojo » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:16 pm
They will be available in April & May but only in department & toy stores in Germany.

Sorry, only joking :o :) I know that Karen at Kitty's Cavern has ordered lots so she will definitely have them. It all depends on when Schleich releases them of course as to when they will be available. They usually appear in January or February.

:cheers:
Tojo
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Tojo » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:56 pm
You know, I've been looking at the new smurfs again & Schleich has me very puzzled. Smurfs are primarily a childrens' toy with only a very small percentage of buyers being collectors.

So why make such a boring Papa smurf :-? And Gargamel is just plain odd. I really can't imagine Schleich selling huge amounts of these so why did they pick these designs They could have made better choices for Papa & Gargie :???:

The drummer is ok but nothing special - again not a great money earner in my opinion.

I like the smurf with the champagne bottle, it's a nice design. But one which children will want to have? I just don't know....

Azrael will possibly sell well as he's cute & girls like cats but I think the two best sellers are going to be Stripper Smurfette & Raspberry Blower Smurf with Anniversary in third place.

As a collector I like all of these & will buy them of course but I think they could have done a better job of Anniversary, Drummer & Papa.

Well that's my tuppence worth :) I'll crawl back into my shell again now.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:08 pm
First of all, Thank you Staci for sending me pictures of them to work :hug:

I admit my first thought was disappointment...but I fell in love with the champagne smurf at first sight...and I also like the smurfette...both look original to me :-D

the drummer reminded me of the drum ornamant and especially the MB drummer and I think Schleich just reused an old mold...

This may be a shock to some, but I strongly dislike the Azrael figure..just think he looks odd....and Gargy...um...won't do it for me lol

I will get them all of course.. :-D

I have a feeling that these won't be around for long...seems to be that the anniversary smurfs usually are released only for a limited time and become rare and I wouldn't be surprised at all if these are discontinued in a year or two....

I was also hoping for a playset...but who knows it may still come as a surprise, maybe with the release of the movie :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:26 pm
I am with a lot of people here in being a little disappointed in them. I think the Azrael is ridiculous and although I haven't spent a lot of time looking at them I think some are ok and some are just silly. The Drummer is boring (as stated above)......I will still buy them of course cos that's what we all do and maybe I will like them better in the flesh......but these are the most disappointing ones since the Classic range in my opinion which I found to be ho-hum and boring. These ones look like imitation smurfs as there is just something about them that doesn't look like real smurf figures. I almost thought they were posted as a joke as some of these look like they could be home-made.

I guess it goes to show that you can't please everybody

Dyar

PS - That's just what Jesus said

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:28 pm
At least there are plenty of people to get them from......

Lorraine at Toysandhobby

Michelle

Dennis

Mushroomvillage

Toydreamer

Buffalo Road ?

Timeless Trinkets ?

and many more

Oh, and ..........

E-bay :) :) :)

:-D :beer:
Page 2 of 4