Home of the Smurf Community

Information about the community.
Page 2 of 3

Postby Fram » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:08 pm
Great new logo! Hello everyone, nice to have such a Smurfy gathering! :xmasgift:
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:09 pm
I love the snowflakes in the logo - OH, AH Rach :D

:xmas:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Rachel » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:11 pm
Thanks guys, after a quick panic we should also now have Red santas for new posts. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Gerda » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:12 pm
Very nice new logo.. :xmas3: I love the snow.. I wish we would get our first snowfall!!!
gerda

Postby Fram » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:12 pm
I'm off to sleep now (it's 23:11 here, and I have to get up a 6:45 again). Thanks for all the fun, good night! :rednose:

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:13 pm
I just saw the red santa papa - how cute!
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby pekkelien » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:13 pm
super nice i love it i love it i ..............

Postby Rachel » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:16 pm
Should also mention that Blue Imps and Kittys Cavern are now also ready for Chrimbo. Check out the intro page HERE

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:18 pm
Hi Rachel...love the new look to the board....but I am a bit confused.

I expected to see a beach instead of snow....flies instead of snowflakes, board shorts and sunburnt nipples instead of overcoats, zinc cream instead of frost bite. Aren't these more Christmasey images...or is it just me?

Dyar

Seriously....thanks for the effort....I am sure we all love it.

:D

Postby Rachel » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:46 pm
I expected to see a beach instead of snow....flies instead of snowflakes, board shorts and sunburnt nipples instead of overcoats, zinc cream instead of frost bite. Aren't these more Christmasey images...or is it just me?
What are you like! :)

Glad you all enjoyed the fun. :-D :bow: :-D

Welcome aboard Za Za. :welcome:
Great time to join with all the fun here at the moment. Have you been collecting smurfs for long?

Postby Tamtam » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:55 pm
Thanks everyone! We just came back in from shovelling again!!!!! Ugh!!! I think for Xmas I would like to have an elf that likes to do all the shovelling!!!!

WOW!!! Nice XMas'y logo!!!

Tam

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:05 pm
Hello Zaza, welcome a-board!!! :-D

Postby Fram » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:12 am
p.s. I hope you don't mind my English, it's not that good.
A lot of the people here don't speak English as their first language. We all make many mistakes (spelling, grammar, vocabulary, ...), but the spirit of what we try to say is most of the times clear, so noone really notices it (or mentions it). If something is really incomprehensible, someone will point it out and ask what you mean. Vice versa, if some English word or expression is hard to understand, just ask for a clarification.
Only when a mistake is really funny do you (or anyone) has the chance that we will be laughing. Please do understand that in that case, we are not laughing because you made a mistake, but because you made a funny mistake...
I for one think that someone who tries to express himself in a language that is not his own should be appreciated, not scorned, and I think you will notice that everyone here feels the same (if someone disagrees with this, he will probably not dare to speak up anyway :) ).

Long post to say welcome again, and never mind how good or bad your English is! :soapbox:

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:15 am
Hi Zaza

Nice to see you have joined our board. :D

I only started collecting last October so it doesn't matter if you have collected smurfs for a long time or shot while and size (of your collection) doesn't matter here either. This is a place where you can share the journey of your smurf collecting with other people and I have always found that there are many people who will always have a larger collection than me but there will also be others that have a smaller collection as well. The main thing is to just enjoy collecting and jump into conversations and say hello. We are all friends here and we all want to keep meeting new people to join in and share in the fun we are having.

I hope to see you around here Zaza and that we can share the fun you are having as your collection grows.

All the best

Mr Dyar

PS - I also totally agree with Fram regarding the subject of language. I only know English so I feel a little inferior regarding languages sometimes...however your posts are very clear and easy to understand that I didn't realise that you didn't know English really well. I don't think you will have any problems here.

PS - Sorry Zaza, I have to ask...are you male or female? I was thinking of the best way to ask this but thought....ack....I will just come out and ask it.

Just for the record I am male and so is my smurf named Syd

Postby chesneysmurf » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:57 am
Love the Christmas scene! It's very cute!!! :-D
Lacey

Postby pekkelien » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:04 am
i really love it nice made
nice work

Postby Rachel » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:15 pm
Thanks for all the nice comments guys, it does make doing things so much nicer when I know people are enjoying it. :D

Za Za, you have VERY good English and your posts are easy to understand so please do not worry, as long as you speak smurf you will be fine. :cheers:
Page 2 of 3

Login