Home of the Smurf Community

Information about the community.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Guest » Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:34 am
I'm having a few problems with people on other forums hotlinking avatars and images from this forum and my main shop website which means they are using my bandwidth and therefore spending my money!

Rachel has worked long and hard to make sure this forum and all the graphics are original and unique to The Smurf Community, and I think she does a fantastic job. We intend to keep things here as unique as possible so we would appreciate it if people want to use any of the images if they could email myself or Rachel about it first. Within reason we believe we are fairly generous with letting people use our images.

Postby puffuonecent » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:49 pm
Hi Karen,

just a question,

where can I find a moving avatar that seems more like the ones well everyone has (a 2" smurf) and not cartoon?
Cogito ergo Smurf!
I think therefore I smurf!

Postby Fram » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:53 pm
I'm not Karen, but the moving avatars on this forum are made by rachel especially for the members. I'm fairly certain that, if she has the time, she will be more than happy to make one for you. It's probably best if you already think about what figure (PVC Smurf) you prefer.
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Rachel » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:35 pm
Hi puffuonecent, if you go to your profile (link towards top of page) then go to the Avatar control panel towards the bottom of this page. Click on Show Gallery to see the avatars available. If there is one there you like please feel free to use it and if you would like me to animate it for you let me know your ideas. If there is not one there that you like, let me know which smurf you would like and I will see what I can do. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby steveparkes » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:03 pm
Hi Karen..I have to admit to one of my members linking to your picture of papa smurf..I deleted the thread..I didn't know they were going to do it, they just searched the internet for a picture of a smurf because they found out about my hobby..I hope it didn't put you out..I am really sorry..I hate hotlinking :(
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:19 pm
Hi Steve

Don't worry, I decided it was getting so out of hand that it was best not to waste time worrying about it. I haven't had any problems with my hosting so I guess it's not the big problem I thought it was. I think I was a bit pinickety last year, I'm a bit more chilled out now, not sure why!!! Must be my hormones cos I am getting on a bit you know. (Fishes her teeth out of the bowl and grabs her walking stick). :) :)

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:39 pm
funny :haha: :) :) I hope i havent hotlinked anything??? I wouldnt know as im usless with all this technical stuff if i have im sorry :( And if i ant oh well :crazy:
I have a vision of you now karen looking for your teeth. :) :)
Smurfy regards, steve. :D

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:09 pm
I have a vision of you now karen looking for your teeth
What bib oo say? :) :) :) (that's my hearing going as well, and you don't want to hear about my hairy chin :) :) )

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:18 pm
:) :) LOL :) :) oh Karen you poor thing. :) :)
Smurfy regards, Steve. :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:45 pm
For the ones who don't understand (i.e. probably just me :banghead: )...can someone explain hotlinking as that sounds more like something Syd would (try to) do...I am sorry I just don't understand what that means.

:-?

Dyar

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:03 pm
Nor do i Dyer thats why i said sorry incase i have hotlinked without knowing?? :-? LOL :) :) but yes it dos sound like a Syd thing!! :) :)
Smurfy regards, Steve. :D

Postby Bunno Smurf » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:15 pm
I think its bascially when instead of uploading a pic to your website you just put a link to the pic from someone else's site.

Here's some info:
http://altlab.com/hotlinking.html
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:09 pm
Thanks Linda :D

Postby DrunkSmurf » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:58 pm
Must be my hormones cos I am getting on a bit you know.
I read the bit about hormones and getting on and decided I'd keep silent. Expressions are a bit different here in America. You might get yourself sprayed with a water hose if you said that.

Postby DrunkSmurf » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:01 pm
where can I find a moving avatar that seems more like the ones well everyone has (a 2" smurf) and not cartoon?
Ya gotta earn it, buddy. See Drunksmurf to the left of this post? Is he moving? Join the queue. You don't ask for it. One day you just log-in and there's your smurf, twitching like he's got ants in his pants.

Postby steveparkes » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:48 am
Cheers Karen :D I turn 40 this year, and my body seems to have gone into shock..my eyesight it getting worse..my bones are aching more..I can't run as fast..or is it I am just unfit? :)
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby smurfythesmurf1 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:21 am
is there a way we can get costum made avaters and no one else can take them
SMURF SMURF SMURF

Postby Rachel » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:00 am
HI Smurfythesmurf, welcome aboard. :welcome:

If you PM me to let me know which avatar you would like and if you have any ideas what you would like it doing and I will do my best. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby hfos » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:00 am
People sometimes hotlinked to some of the photos on my site (when I had more band pictures up) but that ended as soon as I renamed & relinked the files, and replaced the files they were linking to with someting extremely watermarked, or sometimes when I was in a bad mood I'd just replace them with something very nasty...
Page 1 of 1

Login