Home of the Smurf Community

Information about the community.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Guest » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:30 am
Those people who checked the forum yesterday will know that we had a major problem due to me fiddling and trying to fix the chatroom which broke!

I am afraid the backup I did before fiddling was corrupt and we had to revert to the backup we did when we moved the forum to the new hosting in May.

Chris is now sorting out an automated backup for us which will run daily so we should never lose this many posts again.

Some of the newest members will need to re-register, people like Smurfy Angel, Brad, etc. Sorry for the problems and like I say it shouldn't happen again. If you notice anything "not right" then please let me know.

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:07 am
perhaps 3 cheers for karen, rachel and chris for using up their time and fixing these problems ! thanks guys ! i and everyone else appreciate's all the hard work and effort you have put in ! :-D :beer:

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:18 am
What about all the effort I put in to breaking it? LOL

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:25 am
What about all the effort I put in to breaking it? LOL
So it was you that farted Karen....aha....we were blaming Mr Bunno....but now we know who dealt the fatal blow.

Seriously...a big thanks to you, Rach & Chris for the effort to get us back on board and ready to go again.

Dyar

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:26 am
I wish I didn't post the above bit now....but the thank yous were & still are very sincere.

Dyar Dyar Foot In Mouth....again

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:38 am
Ok I have no red papas, anyone else got a problem with that?

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:19 am
Ok...my computer just had an attack while trying to reply to your post Karen, I had to restart the damn thing....so now I don't have any red Papas :banghead:

What I was going to say is....that I lose the red papas everytime I have gone into the chat room for some reason....not sure if the others have the same problem but it definately happens to me each time.

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:14 pm
Hi guys, well it looks like we are almost back to normal minus a few posts and newer members. Anyone who has joined within the last 6 weeks will have to rejoin and there may well be a few avatars missing, I will try and rememebr who had what but if your avatar needs uploading again please let me know what you had. :D

Thanks to Karen & Chris, I am afraid I was missing in action yesterday and didn't even realise there was a problem until it was almost fixed. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:25 pm
Thanks to Karen & Chris,
Yes a big thank you to Karen for breaking it and a big thank you to Chris for mending it!!! Although I didn't break the chatroom, but I did personally break the forum trying to mend the chatroom. I think the chatroom had a headache, what do you think Graham, Linda, Raelene, Trish? LOL :) :) :)

Postby Yonna » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:28 pm
So THIS is why some of my messages are nowhere to be found!!
I was thinking that might have said something wrong and you deleted my messages. Sorry about that. You are forgiven!! :smile: :wink:

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:29 pm
Karen, for once, can i be allowed to keep quiet LOL ! cheers from beers :-D :beer:

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:41 pm
actually karen, it has to be said, that from my point of view, myself and my angels were doing fine in the chatroom until linda's protector turned up on the forum and started threatening me and dyar, thus resulting in excessive amounts of chatting, about whether IT would get us and i was wandering if the BLT'S were going to show up to add fuel to the fire, becoz as you know, i am scared of the BLT'S, but thankfully they never, and i think the chatroom did get one big headache ! phew ! linda's protector is to blame i think, honestly ! cheers from beers :-D :beer:

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:42 pm
see, i just cant shut up ! is that the scouse in me karen ?, CALM DOWN CALM DOWN ! cheers from beers :-D :beer:

Postby SuperJen » Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:21 pm
I was very distressed when I couldn't log on this morning after not being on all weekend. I even emailed HPH in my distressed state, asking him if I had said anything naughty and been banished :)

Now ................ SuperJen is here ..............

Postby SA Smurfette » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:46 pm
I think the chatroom had a headache, what do you think Graham, Linda, Raelene, Trish? LOL :) :) :)
:) :) :) Sorry Karen :( I think we've been talking too much crap in there or swearing to much :)

Anyway a big thank you for fixing the chatroom and the forum :D
Well Done...probably not the way you wanted to spend your weekend.

Thanks to Chris also, even though i don't know who he is :) Obviously he knows a lot about computers 8)

THANKS

Raelene

Postby SuperJen » Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:01 pm
SuperJen would also like to give thanks to those invloved in fixing the forum :grouphug2: :grouphug2: , even though I am back to Baby Smurf :neutral: but I am sure it wont take long to get back to where I was :)
:star: SUPERJEN :star: :eye: I've got my eye on you

Postby Bunno Smurf » Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:47 pm
I think the chatroom had a headache, what do you think Graham, Linda, Raelene, Trish? LOL :) :) :)

Yeah its up and running now but was doing some whacky stuff for rae and I which lead to some interesting discussions.

It was putting the little icons in front of our names on top of each other and at one stage Gray was on top of Rae and Trish was on top of Gray and Rae also. :eek: You can imagine where that conversation went to LOL

We also discovered that Staci is a polite girl after all :) If you just close the chat room with the X it doesn't log you off so we kept saying "Hi Staci" with no response but if you log off with the red dot this doesn't seem to happen. Weirder still Staci could still see Trish in the conversation but when Rae and I entered we couldn't (she wasn't there - she'd closed the window). Must be the ghost of Trishmas past or something LOL. Its weird how the next person in can see the person who just closed the window but we couldn't :-? :-? :-?

Anyway we are happier now that we've had our chatroom fix :) Except Gray and I were having probs last night with our computers.
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:56 am
I'm glad Linda helped figure out the "rude Staci" problem :) No wonder all the Aussies hated me, they thought I wouldn't talk to them :( :( The only problem with logging out of chat with the red button, is that it logs you out of the forum as well....so now everytime I click on the forum, I have to log in again. I'm so lazy, I had it log in automatically for me! Thanks for the chat Rae and Linda :cheers: I promise to log out properly so you all don't think I'm ignoring you :)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby SuperJen » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:18 pm
There were more problems in the chat room last night :( People getting on top of eachother and kisses everywhere :shock: what I mean is their icons and stuff, like Graham was coming in behind I think it was Trish :) well you know what I mean. I wasn't getting any kisses :( but then Rae and Graham started kissing me so I was ok then :relieved: :)
:star: SUPERJEN :star: :eye: I've got my eye on you

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:48 pm
I'm getting a bit worried about all of you guys in the chatroom......no wonder the forum broke...I think it had a heartattack from all of the naughty behaviour going on in there

It's enough to make even Syd blush......but only because he wasn't involved of course.

Dyar
Page 1 of 2

Login