Home of the Smurf Community

Information about the community.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Rachel » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:22 am
Hi all, I am hoping to get the forum ready for Christmas very soon. It was very nice seeing everyone on here at the same time last year ready for the Christmas switch on and thought it might be nice to try it again.

I am thinking Sunday and if we aim for 10.00pm GMT that seemed to be the best suited time for eveyone. If you are not sure of the time zones here is a good link: http://www.worldtimezone.com/

If there are any problems or changes of time / date I will of course let you all know or if anyone else has any ideas please let me know. :D

Christmas switch on: Sunday 4th December - 10.00pm GMT

:snowdance: :ctree: :rudolph: :xmas2: :rudolph: :ctree: :snowdance:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:25 pm
Thanks Rachel, that sounds very exciting and I look forward to it. I've decided not to bother swapping the banners for Kitty's Cavern this year due to lack of time but it will be very nice to see the forum all Christmassy! I have been Christmas shopping with a vengeance this week and am nearly all done. Considering I had done nothing this time last week I am quite pleased with myself.

;-)

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:49 pm
I was'nt here last Christmas, so im looking forward to this Rachel !

Should be good !

:-D :beer:

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:56 pm
Yep, You can definately count me in. :-D
Last year was really fun to see so many members on board at the same time. It seems that christmas is the one occasion that everyone who is a member can celebrate, no matter where we are all from. :cheers:
:xmasgift: :grouphug: :frosty: ;-) :xmas3: :snowdance: :ctree: :snowman: :rednose: :xmas2: :xmas:

Smurfy regards
Steve :D

Sos, just had to put the chrissy icons on!!

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:00 pm
I'm not sure but I think that would make it 9am Monday morning on the east coast of Australia....I know Linda would be a few hours behind me but I am not sure how many. Can you other Aussies check my estimate with your times to make sure we're all here.

My only problem is that if I come on the forum then I won't actually leave for work on time......but hey, it's Christmas....and truthfully speaking.....as if I ever get to work on time anyway. I would hate to muck up the system at work by actually arriving on time.....being Monday if could stuff the whole week up for the business as my co-workers could go into shock of the sight of me at work early or on time. Plus, if the boss doesn't yell at me before morning tea on Monday then I kind of feel unloved and go seeking attention which seems to be more harmful to my career stability.

To cut a long waffle short.....I think I will be here is what I am trying to say

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:17 pm
Hello Dyar ! check this out ! I've been Aussie brainwashed by Linda and Raelene, i have lots of Aussie sites saved for future reference, and by my Aussie knowledge, 10PM GMT, is 0600 for linda, and 0830 for Raelene !

God im sad ! i need to get out more !

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:17 pm
monday morning of course !

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:25 pm
God im sad ! i need to get out more !
ha.....and we all thought that you were already way out there :-? :)

Postby SA Smurfette » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:28 pm
Thanks for working out the time for me Gray :winks:

I might be half an hour late though, i need to drop Kristy off at school.
But i'll be back 10.30 your time if you guys are still on :smile:

Raelene
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:30 pm
Oh and another thing ! Tonight in work......... a little old man got off my bus and give me a can of Castlemain XXXX ! I could'nt stop laughing, i guess you had to be there ! I was just thinking the Aussies were really after me, everywhere i go ! Im still trying to get over Quokka soccer ! Cruel sport ! could only happen in WA !

Postby Bunno Smurf » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:16 pm
Yeah somehow I don't think I will be making 6am either.

Gray, this year on Rotto they didn't just play Quokka soccer. Some schoolie or someone put one in the post box. Dunno how they managed to get it in there but they did. Pretty sure it died.
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:47 am

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:55 am

Gray, this year on Rotto they didn't just play Quokka soccer. Some schoolie or someone put one in the post box. Dunno how they managed to get it in there but they did. Pretty sure it died.
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( The poor little Quokka ! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I think im too much of an animal lover !

Postby Gerda » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:11 pm
I got it marked and I hope to be online at that time. It was fun seeing it last year!! Cant wait to see what pops up this year and how many members we get online at once.

Bring on Christmas!!!! :xmas3:

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:56 pm
in the words of a Smurf... "are we there yet?" its Monday 10:55am here in New Zealand and I'm doing this from work.... naughty.. the things we risk in the name of smurf!
Daryl

Postby Rachel » Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:59 pm
Hi Daryl, just another minute or two. I will announce it when it is ready to go. :D

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:02 pm
Well done, Rachel, lovely Christmas graphic :cheers:

Postby Gerda » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:02 pm
GREAT job Rachel. Very Christmasy.... This is always so much fun!!

Gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:04 pm
I love the snow - very festive! We woke up to a dusting of snow today (it's melted now) but we went out to cut down our own tree today too :woohoo:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Rachel » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:06 pm
Thanks guys, I had a *moment* because we are still on dial up and it took a lot longer to do but I think it is working now. :D

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas season. :xmas:
Page 1 of 2

Login