Home of the Smurf Community

Information about the community.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Jennifer1005 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:16 am
Hi Smurf fans,

My name is Jennifer and I’m working on a brand new television series about fans of various TV shows. I’m researching an episode on the Smurfs and I’m posting here in the hopes of getting in touch with huge fans. THIS IS NOT SPAM!!! Please visit our company’s website at www.peacepoint.tv and click on ‘What’s New’ to read the PDF document that describes our series.

Here’s a little about our show:

It’s a 26 part documentary series which explores popular TV shows through the eyes of the fans. Each episode will focus on a different program - everything from Buffy the Vampire Slayer to The Simpsons, and of course the Smurfs - and will feature 2-3 fans of the program. The series will unearth: why the fans love the show, how watching the show and collecting memorabilia makes them feel, what their friends and family think of their love for the show, and the culture of their particular fandom (individual shows express their fandom differently – look at Sex & the City fans compared to Star Trek fans).

The show will air in Canada on TVtropolis, a new Canadian Network devoted to airing re-runs of classic TV shows.

If you’re interested in participating or may be able to offer assistance please drop me a line at jennifer@peacepoint.tv

I look forward to your reply,
Jennifer

Postby steveparkes » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:12 pm
Hi Jennifer, sounds great..I'd love to have participated, but alas I am in the UK..hope you manage to get someone..I'd love to see the finished item :D
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Rachel » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:24 pm
Hi Jennifer, welcome aboard. :welcome:

I am afraid, like Steve I am also in the UK but we do have a few members from Canada here so with any luck you may find some volunteers. :D

Good luck with it, the programme sounds cool. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:46 pm
Hi Jennifer

Sounds like a great idea full of fun and I would be happy to help out in anyway I can but like my 2 friends above I live far away...further away actually as I am in Australia.

Although we have a few cool Canadian collectors here which would be perfect for this if they are interested...locals like Attom, Tam, John and possibly others might be able to help you out...I think they would have some pretty interesting things to say and they have really nice collections and great personalities too.

Dyar

Postby Cool Smurf » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:38 am
Hello, Jennifer!

That sounds like a really cool show! 8)
Robin, you dog, you- Vanity "The Adventures of Robin Smurf"

Postby XoioX2000 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:58 am
Hey guys,

If Jennifer gets to talk from somebody of the forum, we'll have to somehow manage to see this!!!!! Get your recoders ready!!! :):):):)

Sorry Jennifer: Also in the UK!
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Pitufo » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:22 pm
Hi, Jennifer!!!!!!!!A wonderful idea...In Canada there are several huge smurf´s collectors, so I think it shouldn´t be difficult to you to find volunteers...Well, I live too far from Canada...in Spain...If your programme pay to me the tickets and 20 nights in a 5* hotel, perhaps...I always wanted to visit Canada...

Bye...and thank you for making a programme about smurfs...I LOVE SMURFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Login