Home of the Smurf Community

Information about the community.
Page 4 of 5

Postby smurfinz » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:38 pm
Yes - that is a bit odd about page 2. I'll get onto that straight away.

Out of interest everyone - what sort of response times are you getting, roughly, when you click on a link until the next page is fully displayed?

I'm aiming for 2-4 seconds, to not keep people waiting too long.

It would be helpful if people, if they have the time whenever, could post their location and an indication of seconds of how long it takes to load. Also whether you're on broadband or dial-up.

Great to hear you're enjoying the site and thanks for raising that issue. Makes it easier to me to get it fixed if there're lots of smurfy eyes using the site as well as mine.

cheers!

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:09 pm
Hi Barney,
it took no time at all for me to display the pictures or different pages...I am on Broadband :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby smurfinz » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:27 pm
that's cool thanks Maureen. If it's a couple of seconds that's great. Any more and I'll have to get Papa Smurf to coax some more speed out of the server!!! :-D

Postby FlamingO » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:37 am
Great site Barney :-D

Postby smurfinz » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:08 pm
thanks FlamingO!! :D

Postby smurfinz » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:53 pm
thanks to everyone who's had a look at loaded up their collections on the Kollecta smurf site. Any problems you might have had, or suggestions... please let me know!

kind regards
Barney

http://www.kollecta.com/home.aspx?ctid=22

Postby smurfinz » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:59 pm
:) Hi there everyone!

Just a quick note to those who have registered and added their collections... thanks!

I've had feedback here and there saying some people aren't sure of how to add items once they've registered. All you need to do is click on 'Browse Items' near the top of the screen, and a full list (nearly full!) of items with images appears. Just tick which ones you have, and which ones you want.

Kind regards,
Smurfinz :D

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:54 am
@Barney: It is really easy to handle. Thumbs up. :-D

Postby smurfer » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:24 am
I'm really looking forward to the day when the trading starts at the end of this month !!
I hope I can make a lot of people happy with the smurfs I have in my "Available for Trade" list !!
And ofcourse that will make me happy too !!! :joy:
;)

Postby steveparkes » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:42 am
Same here Smurfer :D
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:33 am
I'm also very excited. :) What is more than swapping. :)
Postby Chellobe » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:23 am
I am waiting for the trade/sale/swap module, I have so many smurf to swap, I was never willing to sell them , but for a swap... it's another story... ;-)
Mad about smurf

Postby saussard*be » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:47 am
HI CHELLOBE

DO YOU HAVE SO MANY SMURF STUFF IN DUBBLE ?

WHY YOU DON T TAKE A TABLE ON PASSION ;-))))

SEE YOU LATER

XAVIER
http://www.saussard.be
xaviersaussard@hotmail.com
XAVIER@SAUSSARD.BE

NO PASSION IN 2008
but maybe a B I G surprise in 2009 !!!
0032(0)474.74.88.60

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:51 pm
WHY YOU DON T TAKE A TABLE ON PASSION ;-))))
I would love to take one of those tables.....but if I was there I am sure someone would stop me before I made it through the door :-?

I am sure Graham would help me try though.....50-50 split :D

Dyar

Postby smurfinz » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:06 pm
Wow - that Smurf Passion convention would be cool to go to!!

Hi everyone, a huge THANKS to all those who have added their collections to Smurfs Kollecta, and a big PLEASE to those yet to check it out! :)

NEWS! [features users have asked for and have been added...]

1. My Gallery: Once you're signed in, you'll notice a new link in your navigation bar: My Gallery. Here you can upload images of your collection to give other users a unique look at your collection. If you have photos of the spare bedroom in your house, now over-run with your Smurfs collection, this is the place to upload them!

2. Variants: Variants are items which are very similar to other items. Sometimes these similarities are so subtle that only the trained eye can notice them! Often the difference between two variants will relate to the country that they were released in, or a physical attribute of the item. (Example: The "Angry Smurf" toy came in three variations; one with small teeth, one with large teeth, and one with red teeth - you'd add the second two as a 'variant', if the first was the first item of this type uploaded). We added this feature because some collectors wish to record this information and asked for it via through our feedback link. If you don't want to know about variants, that's fine - your Kollecta will still function as before.

3. Fixed the GIF avatar problem... (it distorted the image)... if you reload your GIF avatar it should be fine now...

Hope you're having a smurfy day, and please spread the word of the Smurf Kollecta site to as many folks as you can! (like anyone you meet at Smurf Passion!)

Kind regards
Smurfinz

The link: http://www.kollecta.com/home.aspx?ctid=22

Postby smurfinz » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:19 pm
And not that anyone particularly wants to look at my ugly mug, but I've posted a couple of pix of me and my favourite smurf (Alchemist) to show you what the Gallery feature looks like!

:)
Smurfinz
Postby Chellobe » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:05 am
Hi, the variant features works perfectly.... but a lot of work to encode all variances..... ;-)
Mad about smurf

Postby smurfinz » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:15 pm
Hi there Chellobe! Pleased you like the variants feature. Yes, it will take a while to add the variant data for the Smurfs... there's just so much of it! At least, once it's loaded in there, it's done. Maybe if a few people are experts in certain variants, they could tackle those, and someone else looks at the others. Just a thought...

Any ideas or problems with the Variant feature... just sing out!

Have a great day everyone!

Postby steveparkes » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:26 pm
Hi Barney..I can't find the variants feature (I'm probably being thick LOL) also I can't find your photo either LOL
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby smurfinz » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:38 pm
No, you're not being thick... it's only semi-obvious, because we didn't want it to get in the way of people who just wanted to record the basic items.

What you do: when you are viewing an Item, near the bottom of the screen you'll see an 'Add Variant' button. If you click it, it will copy the details to a 'new smurf'. You can amend the details, and note what's special about the variant. You can upload a pic of the variant, if you don't have one - the existing image (if present) will be used. Done!

What you see: when you browse items, an item that has 1 or more variants will have a link "Show me ... versions of this item". When you click on it, a little sub-list (like Browse Items) appears... listing all the loaded up variants!!

(A good smurf example is Bass Guitar smurf, added by Chellobe - check it out)

Gallery... when you're signed in on the Smurfs Home page, click on 'View All' in the Latest Collection box. My user id (Smurfinz) is on page 3, I think. Click on my ID link, then you'll see a link called 'View Gallery'. You'll see me hard at work with my coding friend 'Alchemist Smurf'!!
Page 4 of 5

Login