Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby bwalters » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:33 pm
Hi All; Here is an old pic from down town in the middle 50's somehow we came up with 1956.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:40 pm
Just a little about the pic. This is kind of a spinnoff of the Budwiser Clidesdale's. There are 8 donkeys pulling the wagon that says little bud on the side of the wagon. The newest car I see in the pic is a 1954 desoto way in the back of the pic. If you look way beond the cars that area is all built up now. Most of the left side of the pic still looks the same except the business have all either moved or gone out of business.
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:31 pm
Your town looks pretty much like my town in the 50s :) :) :)

A few years ago, Sequatchie County (the county I live in) released a memory book with pictures compiled by it's citizen of years gone by. It shows mostly our ancestors but some of the pictures also show what Dunlap looked like back then which I thought was fascinating. It really hasn't changed that much though although it is changing every day now with new chain stores coming to us.

One of the things that really fascinated me is that Sequatchie County was so much behind it's times that they didn't have phone or electrical service up on the mountains until the 60s...and a lot of the stories told by the oldtimers (all gone now) really could have been taken right out of "The Waltons" or "Little house on the prairie"....or the Wild West. With people from all over the country moving into this part of the country...a lot of things have changed..we even have cable and city water now on our mountain (We got cable two years ago...most people still have their own well water) :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tojo » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:39 pm
What a great photo. Thanks for showing it Bill.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:
Page 1 of 1

Login