Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby bwalters » Mon May 17, 2010 7:14 pm
Hi All; The company that I interviewed with last week called me today and wanted me to work this week. I put in 6 1/2 hours today and will probibly put in 8 hours a day for the next couple of weeks. I still don't have a job that is steady but it's a start, and I am making money.
Mr Bill
Postby PVCBlue » Mon May 17, 2010 7:53 pm
Hi All; The company that I interviewed with last week called me today and wanted me to work this week. I put in 6 1/2 hours today and will probibly put in 8 hours a day for the next couple of weeks. I still don't have a job that is steady but it's a start, and I am making money.
GREAT NEWS BILL!! :-D
"Smurfs, Smurfs, and More Smurfs!"

Postby stampysmurf » Tue May 18, 2010 6:39 am
Glad to hear you have some work for the next few weeks! :D

Postby Cassiebsg » Tue May 18, 2010 10:45 am
Making money and working is always an improvment. :D
Hope they like you so much that they decide to keep you... they like you enough already to get you do some work. :cheers:
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby bwalters » Tue May 18, 2010 5:39 pm
Yea It's a start. I am hoping they see soon that they need someone full time at Ft Leonard Wood. That's an account I had for 13 years. It's 100 mile south of where I live but that's not too far. When I started the contract in 1991 we only had 119 machines but added 70 more. This contract is for 370 and they already have 50 there. This is going to be a guess but I would say they will make $40,000 a month. Probibly can afford to pay someone a few dollars.
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue May 18, 2010 6:23 pm
I am glad things are looking up again, Bill :D

I know this must be a huge relief for you....even if you have to do quite a bit of driving to get there. If this became a full time job, would you consider moving?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Tue May 18, 2010 7:16 pm
I already have and yes I would. I have about 1/2 acre down there. I will probibly rent at first until I see how it goes. I have lots of friends down there. Most of the military people I know are probiby gone the the Civilians are probibly still there. And if not I can always make new friends.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Tue May 18, 2010 7:50 pm
BTW Thank you all for your support. I talked to the other guy my company laid off tonight. I think he is going to go down tomorrow. They are going to need all the help they can get. They started setting up the first 15 machines or so today for Ft Leonard wood. Each guy setting them up can only do about 3 to 4 a day. It depends what all you have to put on them. The first couple of times you set one up it takes longer because you have to read the instructions. Once you've got it down it goes a lot quicker. They are also setting up 40 for a Hospital. I finshed number 29 late this afternoon. We have to hold off on them unti all the accessorys come in. We will all move to a larger WH tomorrow and start on the others for the fort.
Mr Bill

Postby Tojo » Wed May 19, 2010 7:58 am
I'm glad that things are looking up for you Bill even if the work isn't full-time.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby bwalters » Wed May 19, 2010 5:17 pm
Thanks Tojo;
Mr Bill

Postby stampysmurf » Wed May 26, 2010 9:03 am
Glad to hear things are working out for you! :D

Postby André » Sat May 29, 2010 1:28 am
great news Bill! :D
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Login