Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby bwalters » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:35 am
Hi All; 42 years ago. News came to my family that my brother-in-law was killed in action in viet nam. Yesterday that status was changed to Murder. While I have known about the investagation for months, it is still kind of a shock. My Nephew is an policeman and was if not still an insurance fraud investagator. He was only 18 months old when his father was killed. This part is a guess. He wanted to know more about his father. And found some of the guys with him the night he died. During emails back and forth one or all of them told my nephew they were not ambushed by the enemy, but shot by his commander. He contacted NCIS and they investagated it too. They exumed his body a couple weeks ago, and changed the status to murder yesterday.
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:38 am
That must be a shock :shock:

Is the commander still alive?

That took some courage and digging to find this out. When I first came to the US, I found out a few things about my own close family, but after digging into it, I was told to let it rest as it would stirr up too much trouble.
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tojo » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:24 am
I remember you mentioning the investigation before Bill. It is very shocking indeed that he was murdered. I don't suppose the commander is still alive to enable a prosecution :-?
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby bwalters » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:52 pm
Not sure if he's still aliive or not, but my nephew said charges would be comming soon. Not sure if you can charge a dead man. Not sure how it all went down in viet nam, but just a guess all the guys in that platoon were between 17 and 25. When the comander shot my brother-in-law the other boys thought if I say anything I maybe next. So they kept their mouths shut. The commander submited a report saying they were ambushed and my brother-in-law was killed. Not hearing anything diffrent, that was the report.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:09 pm
Hi All; Went to my brother-in-laws second funeral yesterday. They had an open casket funeral and he looked exactly the same as he did 42 years ago. They did put a new Marine uniform on him and a new flag on the casket. They gave my Nephew the old uniform and new flag. Was very touching. Also did a 21 gun salute.
Mr Bill

Postby stampysmurf » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:49 pm
How shocking and sad for you and your family Bill.

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:27 am
I remember your story well, Bill. :( Well you might not charge a dead man, but I think that his family might be sentenced to pay your family penalty payments. I sincerely that wish you and your family find both justice and your peace of mind in the very end. :fingers:

Postby bwalters » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:50 pm
Thank you everyone. I honestly think it was harder this time around for me. Some for the shock of what had really happened to him. Some I guess because I am older and understand the impact of death better. I was 15 at the time of his death and other than my two sets of grandparents (only 1 I had met). This was my frist. I also think at 15 my agenda was not the same. I only thought of girls and doing things. Today all my thoughts are for family and friend. BTW I still think of girls. Just not as much. lol
Mr Bill
Page 1 of 1

Login