Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:04 am
Hi,

I know this posting might offend you, but I have a serious problem. For more than two years, I used to send my old mags to a friend living in the U.S., who would use them for himself. I didn't want any money for the mags, but just any clippings of Alicia Keys and Anastacia for my scrapbooks (since due to the high shipping fees, any foreign mag is very expensive here , e.g. a J14 mag costs 9 Euro). Unfortunently, I haven't heard anything from him for more than eight months. :( (We used to send each other packets) quarterly. :( Therefore I might have missed lots of articles released either in tabloids or mags on my favourite singers. :(

Therefore I just wanted to ask you, if you would be so kind clip out anything on Alicia Keys and Anastacia, which is released in the papers your and your family are reading (you need not buy extra stuff), just before you throw them away, please?

You need not to send me the items by post, but you might bring them along, when we are see each other.

In case, this thread should anyone offend anyone, I might delete it.

Love and thank you so much in advance.

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:26 am
Hi Dominique

I may have a lot of stuff from Australia but it would take time to sort through it all. In about a month or so I plan to go through my music research library and sell off a lot of stuff or give it away....so I can certainly look for the 2 artists for you while I am doing that.

Just give me some time as I have almost an entire room dedicated to music stuff and it could take a really long time to go through it all.

I will also send you a PM too as I may have something else for you :D

Dyar

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:46 am
Awwwwwwww Dyar!!!!! :hug:

You are my hero. :hug: :D I will give you all the time in the world. Don't hurry. :hug: If there should be sth. I can help you, just don't hesitate and pm me. :D

Postby naish510 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:49 am
Hello Dominique, if i find something i will keep it for you !!! I promise !!! :D

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:50 am
Hello Dominique, if i find something i will keep it for you !!! I promise !!! :D
Awwwwww thank you Christy!!! :hug:

I will save my G.M. clippings for you in return. :D

Postby SA Smurfette » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:05 am
I'll let you know if I find anything, Dom :D
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:04 am
Hi Dom,
This post shouldn't offend anyone..I am speaking for myself but I think it is safe to say this is a great request. I too will keep an eye out for anything on Alicia and Anastacia -- Alicia played Live Earth in the US this weekend...did you happen to see it? I have it taped so maybe I can make a copy somehow and send that to you as well :D Good luck in your search and I hope your US friend is ok :-?
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:36 am
Hi Dom,
This post shouldn't offend anyone..I am speaking for myself but I think it is safe to say this is a great request. I too will keep an eye out for anything on Alicia and Anastacia -- Alicia played Live Earth in the US this weekend...did you happen to see it? I have it taped so maybe I can make a copy somehow and send that to you as well :D Good luck in your search and I hope your US friend is ok :-?
Yes, I watched the whole show, incl. Alicia's performance. :D Thanks for offering, but I'm afraid, I taped her. Did she another performance with the exception of Keith Urban? I know that she worked with John Mayer for her new album, which will be released this October. :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:53 am
John Mayer seems to work with everybody.....it seems he is playing on so many albums these days by other artists and he even popped up with The Police at Live Earth. He is the Anna Nicole Smith of musicians it seems.....except he has real talent :D

Dyar

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:50 am
I love John Mayer as well. I only got his "Room for Squares" album, but he is gifted. Love his voice!!! :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:52 am
The ironic thing about John Mayer is that he has started to do stand up comedy at some of the comedy clubs where he lives.....the irony is that he sings these beautiful sweet songs but his jokes on stage are all really quite sexist and totally the opposite of what he sings about. I know people have said that it is totally not what they expected but he is apparently a very good stand up comedian who has real talent in that area too....some people were given way too much talent I think.....all I got was the ability to stand up when I pee......hardly a fair deal as I bet John Mayer can do that too :banghead:

Dyar

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:37 am
He is the Anna Nicole Smith of musicians it seems...
He's much prettier though and easier to stomach :o
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Rachel » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:29 am
Hi Dominique, I will certainly keep a look out for you too. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Margaret » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:46 am
Hello Dominique
I will also keep an eye out for pictures of Alicia Keys but I have no idea who Anastacia is but will also keep a look out for her . :cheers:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:49 pm
He is the Anna Nicole Smith of musicians it seems...
He's much prettier though and easier to stomach :o
and he is still alive :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:52 pm
Hi Dom,
I don't get many mags anymore as I don't read them right now..but I have a few old news magazines that I still have to go thru (nothing like reading the news from a few years ago)...if I come across anything for you I will send it to you. And I know a few coworkers who read gossip magazines..if you are interested in that also..I can ask them for clippings :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:11 am
Awwwwwww thank you so much for your help!!! :D If I can help you out on anything, just don't hesitate to contact me. :D @Maureen: I don't want to beg, but would you please so kind and ask your coworkers, please?
@Margaret: Anastacia is a female US singer, which became very popular overseas (esp. Europe). In 1998, she was discovered by Michael Jackson, who had watched her performance on MTV's show "The Cut . :) For further information, please check out her official website: http://www.anastacia.com.

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:14 am
She was discovered by Michael Jackson, who saw her at the MTV Show "The Cut" in 1998. :)
The Cut...isn't that a Belgian pizza restaurant......that's what Christy told me anyway :) :) ....although she told me not to call it that when I walked in there :lol:

Dyar
Page 1 of 1

Login