Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 2
Postby Pitufo » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:58 pm
I have seen today an auction with a beachvolleyball smurf with a ball without inscription...I have talked with two collectors today, and both have these variations...I thought it could be a mistake of painter...Perhaps the painters have painted some of them and some others not...Is it a variation? I think so...
JOAQUÍN

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:44 am
I think the inscription could also be removed without too much effort too. I don't think this is an intended variation but it's quite possible that some were made or sold without the inscription ever being on them by accident.

Dyar

Postby Pitufo » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:50 am
I think the inscription could also be removed without too much effort too. I don't think this is an intended variation but it's quite possible that some were made or sold without the inscription ever being on them by accident.
Hi, Dyar...This is what I meant...Sorry, it is my english!!!!!!!I agree it is easy to remove (do you remember you have an organic chemist in your forum :) :) :) ), but perhaps it is not a real variation, but only a mistake...I know some of you love those mistakes...ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JOAQUÍN

Postby Rachel » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:34 pm
Hi Joaquin, yes I have seen this smurf sold a few times before but I agree with you both, the printing could easily be removed or a mistake from the painter. :-?

I put it into the same bracket as the newspaper boy with blank paper. I have seen them but they are not at the top (or even in the middle) of my want list. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Simon X » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:19 pm
I am very sure that the inscription can easily be removed. My own beachvolleyballsmurf is not perfect and why shouldn't the rest of the label be removed? :D

Postby DrunkSmurf » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:34 pm
With my icon being Brainy Smurf, maybe that gives me license to say the following:

"Papa smurf always says, buy the smurf because you like it, not because you think it's rare. Didn't you listen to Papa Smurf's lecture about how easy it is to fake everything? Oh, wait. You nodded off, didn't you? I remember telling you, don't nod off during Papa Smurf's lecture, or you'll be sorry. But, did you listen to me? Oh, noooo! Now you have every smurf laughing at you because you fell for the volleyball-smurf-with-the-signature rubbed out trick. Like I was telling Clumsy yesterday..."

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

You get the idea....

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:16 pm
I saw about 5 of those volleyballs (real ones) on the beach at Oostende yesterday....didn't know they actually existed with the same colours etc

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:22 pm
I saw about 5 of those volleyballs (real ones) on the beach at Oostende yesterday....didn't know they actually existed with the same colours etc

Dyar
Yes, but did they have the writing on them or were they variations? :)

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:56 pm
They were variations Rach...they had Beach Volleyball on them but they had a logo and maybe some other bits above and below the wording on the smurf one.

I couldn't afford to buy one so I played with my own until Mum slapped me

Dyar

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 pm
Are they variations, too? :dream:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:19 pm
Yes...one leans more than the other and neither stand up properly

Maybe I will use the hair dryer to adjust their form someday

Dyar

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:22 pm
ok, you got me now :shock: :shock:

I am speechless :shock: :shock:

but I am laughing....... :sofunny: :sofunny:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Simon X » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:23 pm
:)
Sorry, if I disturb your "serious" conversation, but I have another question... :-? :)

Isn't it the same with the thirsty smurf with green bottle..? Couldn't he be made by removing the "Statlich Fachingen" incsription of the promosmurf?

Postby Rachel » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:28 pm
Isn't it the same with the thirsty smurf with green bottle..? Couldn't he be made by removing the "Statlich Fachingen" incsription of the promosmurf?
It could indeed Ron but I think the plain green bottle is worth less than the promo so in this case it wouldn't make much sense to do so. :D

In fact I have just had a quick check, my plain green bottle is a different colour to the promo Statlich Fachingen bottle and the smurf has different markings too.

Postby Simon X » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:31 pm
Ron? :)

Thanks... :D So they can be differented by their marking. But I think in Germany the promo smurf sells for a lower price (ca. 5 €) then the plain green bottle (10 €) sometimes.

Postby Rachel » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:35 pm
Sorry Simon, it has been a loooong day! :o :lol:

That is interesting about the values in Germany. :D

My guess is that the plain green bottles are newer and the smurfs they have been added to have the CE mark. I shall try and post a pic a little later to show the difference. :-D

Postby Rachel » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:13 pm
Hi Simon, here is a pic of the two to compare the colours of the bottles. :D

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:14 pm
Nice one Rachel ! They are different :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:19 pm
thanks for the picture, Rachel...even I can see the difference :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Simon X » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:49 pm
That's a great photo to see the differences, thanks..! :D

And, yes, "Staatlich Fachingen" is a German company for very healthy water.

Perhaps this is the bottle drunk by the thirsty smurf..? :)

Here is the web-page: http://www.fachingen.de
Page 1 of 2

Login